PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran: BJGE could be 2010 starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you two guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f.....g car.

Curran, er.. um I mean Prentice McCray better watch it. Who knows which one of the Winston brothers are pissed off.

Actually I think it is Prentice McCray, the Patriots safety from the 70s, pretending to be Curran.

Actually, I am curious why Tom would select a rather obscure Patriots player to use as a screenname. It definitely shows whoever it is has a good sense of history of the team.

Either that or he knows how to use Google.

Actually I think it is Prentice McCray, the Patriots safety from the 70s, pretending to be Curran.

Actually, I am curious why Tom would select a rather obscure Patriots player to use as a screenname. It definitely shows whoever it is has a good sense of history of the team.

Wasn't obscure back then. He was one of the best SS in the NFL in the late 70's.

Either that or he knows how to use Google.

He typed "obscure Patriot", clicked I feel lucky and Prentice McCray came up?

Speaking of Google, you guys over there are cool again, eh? Or do you just get a "people's page" of links when you search?

Yes - He’s not doing too well of late. He suffers from an obsessive compulsive cleaning disorder and has become a bit of a germaphobe. He is in a 3 step program – don’t rinse, don’t wash, don’t repeat.

Best,

Winston

Do you see a sign in front of my house that says... well, nevermind.

He typed "obscure Patriot", clicked I feel lucky and Prentice McCray came up?

Speaking of Google, you guys over there are cool again, eh? Or do you just get a "people's page" of links when you search?

Using Google in China now links you to their uncensored Hong Kong site. It's a temporary compromise between the evil empire and the eviler empire.

Wasn't obscure back then. He was one of the best SS in the NFL in the late 70's.

My apologies Prentice. Remembered the name, but seems to have got lost to me in the later flood of great Fairbanks DBs. Started with the pats in 74 preceding Clayborn Haynes and Fox.

Using Google in China now links you to their uncensored Hong Kong site. It's a temporary compromise between the evil empire and the eviler empire.

All kidding aside, are you careful what you search for?

In a couple of hours, you're going to have high-ranking Chinese officials turning your power off and knocking on your door wanting to speak to you over who you were referring to when you said, "the eviler empire".

I wouldn't go that far. He had several really good years, but one of the best SS in the NFL during that time period? I don't know if he is one of the five or ten most recognizable Patriots of that era.

All kidding aside, are you careful what you search for?

I often use a VPN that makes it seem like my PC is in Canada. In those cases I search freely. When I'm in China and can't use the VPN for some reason, then I am very careful. It's pretty sad.

In a couple of hours, you're going to have high-ranking Chinese officials turning your power off and knocking on your door wanting to speak to you over who you were referring to when you said, "the eviler empire".

Why, the Yankees of course.

One of the best? A bit of hyperbole there. "No Way" McQuay (as we used to call him) did return 2 interceptions for touchdown in a game aginst the Jets at Shea Stadium. He was a starter but not a very good one.

If Curran was going for obscurity and appropriateness, he should have used a Pats DB from the early 70s named Johnny Outlaw.

One of the best? A bit of hyperbole there. "No Way" McQuay (as we used to call him) did return 2 interceptions for touchdown in a game aginst the Jets at Shea Stadium. He was a starter but not a very good one.

If Curran was going for obscurity and appropriateness, he should have used a Pats DB from the early 70s named Johnny Outlaw.

Yeah you're right. I got a little carried away.

In a word, Andy...yes. Basically, you sit down in the chair on these shows and don't know what you're going to be asked. When you are, there's not a lot of time to formulate all permutations. The question was to the effect of, "What does BJGE getting the start mean for Maroney?" Given the fact Maroney was basically abandoned after he fumbled against the Jags and that he's behind Taylor on the depth chart, I put those guys neck and neck.

That's all.

The "getting everybody carries" notion is plausible and so are a lot of other explanations. Sometimes I know exactly what's going on, sometimes I have a good idea, sometimes I'm making an educated guess and sometimes I have no clue and try to admit it.

In this case, it's an educated guess.

Thank you for the response. I'd like to point out that I have no issue at all with it being your opinion. its just too bad that it was portayed in the op as something other than that.
I would imagine you have a laundry list of reason why posting here regularly would not be in your best interest, but if you could do so, I think that it would add a lot of value to dicourse.
Thanks again.

As a former teammate of Prentice, I, Andy Johnson, do not appreciate the obscure characterization. :cool:

I often use a VPN that makes it seem like my PC is in Canada. In those cases I search freely. When I'm in China and can't use the VPN for some reason, then I am very careful. It's pretty sad.

...Patjew???...oh, you won't be seein' him no more...leave the gun...take the dim sum....

Paulie_whacked002608_display.jpg

Last edited:
In a word, Andy...yes. Basically, you sit down in the chair on these shows and don't know what you're going to be asked. When you are, there's not a lot of time to formulate all permutations. The question was to the effect of, "What does BJGE getting the start mean for Maroney?" Given the fact Maroney was basically abandoned after he fumbled against the Jags and that he's behind Taylor on the depth chart, I put those guys neck and neck.

That's all.

The "getting everybody carries" notion is plausible and so are a lot of other explanations. Sometimes I know exactly what's going on, sometimes I have a good idea, sometimes I'm making an educated guess and sometimes I have no clue and try to admit it.

In this case, it's an educated guess.

A very UN-educated guess. Anyone who has followed the team for any amount of time would know that BJGE and Maroney are NOT close to being on the same level. And the nonsense that people want to throw around about Maroney being "abandoned" is nothing more than trying to fabricate "proof" for their dislike of Maroney. He was likely benched in the Jags game to think about the fumble, but he was likely not suited for the Houston game because it was meaningless and it was better to rest him (Faulk was inactive too). The Ravens game he was "abandoned" because the game dictated it. (He was the "starting" RB that game). The game simply got out of hand in a hurry and they went away from the run being down 3 TD's in the 1st.

BJGE got 26 total carries ALL YEAR last year while Maroney got 194. Now all of a sudden BJGE has improved so much as to be on par or better than Maroney? And you call it an "educated" guess, seriously? I don't care how on the spot anyone was, jumping to that conclusion is simply foolish.

A very UN-educated guess. Anyone who has followed the team for any amount of time would know that BJGE and Maroney are NOT close to being on the same level. And the nonsense that people want to throw around about Maroney being "abandoned" is nothing more than trying to fabricate "proof" for their dislike of Maroney. He was likely benched in the Jags game to think about the fumble, but he was likely not suited for the Houston game because it was meaningless and it was better to rest him (Faulk was inactive too). The Ravens game he was "abandoned" because the game dictated it. (He was the "starting" RB that game). The game simply got out of hand in a hurry and they went away from the run being down 3 TD's in the 1st.

BJGE got 26 total carries ALL YEAR last year while Maroney got 194. Now all of a sudden BJGE has improved so much as to be on par or better than Maroney? And you call it an "educated" guess, seriously? I don't care how on the spot anyone was, jumping to that conclusion is simply foolish.

I thought the critical information was that it was all his own perception, not something he was reporting as the teams opinion, which is how it was presented. The quality of his opinion is subject to the same scrutiny as any poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes