PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady missing some early offseason workouts brings criticism from some...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tom Brady missing some early offseason workouts brings criticism from some....

That's cool that you came back from Iraq any everything. I respect what you're doing over there and I respect the troops. But maybe we can put memos out to all branches of the military and let them know to stop rubbing the fact that they were in the military in our faces. Everyone I've ever met that got out of Iraq lets me know within the first ten minutes of meeting them that they were in the military. Well whoopdee doo! You and thousands of others. I actually respect the people that don't have to immediately let you know that to feel like they're badasses. Makes them seem even more bad ass to me.

I could be wrong, and I'm not implying Devil'sAdvocate is one, but I think many are now saying they've been to Iraq that are not even in the military. You know, 14 year old boys hiding behind Internet Anonymity. Like I said, DA may be real, but then he has a complaint for the fakers.

You know, there have been some pretty inane threads on this board lately, but this one is special in that Pete Carroll kind of way.

I know I'm pumped and jacked.

I'm going to have Brady run laps in front of the rookies singing his school fight song, for this.

Last edited:
Re: Tom Brady missing some early offseason workouts brings criticism from some....

First and foremost, millionare and underpaid just don't go together. Don't ever call him underpaid. Second, i don't want to do what TB does. I just came back from Iraq last year, that's what i do. And i make a helluva lot less than he does. No matter what his trainer is telling him, he should at the very least be attending these workouts. The main issue we have been dealing with at the end of the past couple seasons is team fatigue. This team needs to work on it. Lead by example Tom and go to the gym when the team schedule's workouts.

The war on oil is a fugazi one at that.

BFD...

Haters..... Everyone not named Brady just tries to find any way to knock him down cause they are not as good or their team doesn't have a QB as good.... punks.

I've tended to be one of those folks who think that the private life, especially in the offseason, of Tom Brady or any player is none of my business as long as he meets club requirements and shows up ready to play to the full level of his skills.

This year, though, I do join Mike Reiss and others in expressing not criticism but surprise that Brady has been so visible in Europe with Giselle after their month in Costa Rica. I'm sure he'll make up any time he has missed by not attending non-mandatory sessions and that he'll show up competitive and ready to play when he has to. But, I do feel that this year especially his leadership and example in the lockerroom will be particularly critical, after two consecutive disappointing season endings, including one that was pretty devastating.

It would be only human if he were to start to check out mentally after getting mauled in the SB and putting up with the Spygate crap machine all these months, given that his ticket to Canton has already been punched and his opportunities outside of football will no doubt be lucrative. I'm not for a minute saying that he's doing that, but, as the leader of the team and the face of the franchise, he has to be careful of the impression he might give.

I've tended to be one of those folks who think that the private life, especially in the offseason, of Tom Brady or any player is none of my business as long as he meets club requirements and shows up ready to play to the full level of his skills.

This year, though, I do join Mike Reiss and others in expressing not criticism but surprise that Brady has been so visible in Europe with Giselle after their month in Costa Rica. I'm sure he'll make up any time he has missed by not attending non-mandatory sessions and that he'll show up competitive and ready to play when he has to. But, I do feel that this year especially his leadership and example in the lockerroom will be particularly critical, after two consecutive disappointing season endings, including one that was pretty devastating.

It would be only human if he were to start to check out mentally after getting mauled in the SB and putting up with the Spygate crap machine all these months, given that his ticket to Canton has already been punched and his opportunities outside of football will no doubt be lucrative. I'm not for a minute saying that he's doing that, but, as the leader of the team and the face of the franchise, he has to be careful of the impression he might give.

Ok, just for the record, someone needs to produce some sort of FACT that places Tom anywhere OTHER than Foxboro at the start of the offseason work outs.

I mean, a picture of him and Giselle in Europe is not evidence enough, we all know he was there, but I have seen nothing diffinitive on him missing the workouts. A Photo Punk can snap 20 pics and sell them claiming anything he/she wants to.

And the Patriots DO NOT release the names of the players that participate in the off season workouts.

I still say look at the last PFW Video clip on the official site and you will see Tom working out - It's a real quick clip and it may be canned from previous years, but I'm not buying all this crap from people who have an ax to grind against the Pat's and the best QB around. He's an easy target, Folks.

Last edited:
Tom does bedroom aerobics and isometrics every night with Giselle. I'm sure that's keeping him in fine shape.

...ah, the downfall of the Roman Empire is upon us.

Ok, just for the record, someone needs to produce some sort of FACT that places Tom anywhere OTHER than Foxboro at the start of the offseason work outs.

I mean, a picture of him and Giselle in Europe is not evidence enough, we all know he was there, but I have seen nothing diffinitive on him missing the workouts. A Photo Punk can snap 20 pics and sell them claiming anything he/she wants to.

And the Patriots DO NOT release the names of the players that participate in the off season workouts.

I still say look at the last PFW Video clip on the official site and you will see Tom working out - It's a real quick clip and it may be canned from previous years, but I'm not buying all this crap from people who have an ax to grind against the Pat's and the best QB around. He's an easy target, Folks.

I agree he's an easy target and if you read my post, you'll see that i'm a long time fan who's saying that he is surprised/concerned for reasons given, but not not critical. However, the reports were deemed to be accurate enough for Mike Reiss, no enemy of Brady or the Pats, to express his own similar, low level of concern in his mailbag this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes