PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady lost the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady was good....It's like he really has to play like god to be good.
The throw to Welker was close to perfect maybe 3 inch to high on a 5'9 receiver 20 yds down the field...has to catch that

Branch must stop his route on 3rd down...brady throw it to him in the open hole, easy first down no need to lead Branch INTO coverage.

Safety play was awful....interception play, after the great escape he should have checked it down for a few yards to his right. Gronks health or decisions to run for the end zone (expecting a 65yds bomb leading him, with brady under pressure moving to his right) didn't help...

Name me the last big game Brady needed a score or a drive to seal the game and got it?

You can't huh? It's been quite some time... Last time I remember was 07... but we left too much time on the clock and Eli beat us, since then, Brady has not been able to seal a game in the 4th in close big games.
How about Dallas, you dope...

Brady thew a very catchable pass to Welker which was dropped. At the end of the day and, not surprisingly the defense could not hold. See, you can spin this anyway you like.

I'm not sure of you definition of a catchable pass. Maybe if Welker was 6'9''. Brady tried to lob the ball (since Welker was so wide open) which is something he is not good at. Had he just "thrown" the ball, he probably makes a better throw and gets the completion. Brady was 0 - for the season when he tried to lob the ball

New England Patriots offensive play selection:

43 pass plays (2 sacks included)
19 running plays

Why keep 6 running backs on the 53 man roster?

Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis
Stevan Ridley
Shane Vereen
Danny Woodhead
Kevin Faulk
Lusaka Polite

Last edited:
Yup!! Brady tried to throw away the Raven in EXACTLY the same fashion but an inept Raven QB and kicker got in the way.
Brady threw an ill advised pick on the Pats next to last possession and they got the ball back with 6 minutes left with 2 pt lead on their last possession and could not put the game away (this is when I left the party - I KNEW we were done) and had to punt.
CARBON COPY of the Raven game only with a championship team in the Giants receiving the ball back.

If Bill Belichick believes Ryan Mallett is the real deal then it's time for Ryan Mallett to see some action.
We have Peyton Brady here in New England and the same issues and questions with this aging and injured QB.
Tom Brady hasn't played a strong 60 minutes in the playoffs since '04.
Not interested in pretty regular season QB numbers.
We need a QB who can move in the pocket and NUT IT UP when it matters.
And that ain't Tom Brady.

All right, I agree Brady **** the bed tonight in a lot of ways, but let's not get ridiculous here. Seriously.

How about Dallas, you dope...

Whens the last time we had a "Big game" against Dallas!!? What was on the line? A regular season victory, against a non playoff team.. .Get for serious!

All right, I agree Brady **** the bed tonight in a lot of ways, but let's not get ridiculous here. Seriously.

I'm clearly not calling for Brady to be replaced. There obviously is no better alternative and he's still pretty good. I would expect the Pats to make the SB again next year.

That being said, the tape doesn't lie. Manning made the throws when he needed to (he also threw more poor passes than Brady did) and Brady and the Pats offense did not make the plays when they needed to. Just the facts

New England Patriots offensive play selection:

43 pass plays (2 sacks included)
19 running plays

Why keep 6 running backs on the 53 man roster?

Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis
Stevan Ridley
Shane Vereen
Danny Woodhead
Kevin Faulk
Lusaka Polite

Shane Vareen over Torrey Smith or Randall Cobb...I want to know who is evaluating WR's before the draft.

I certainly put this on brady........he screwed the pooch enough times to cost the pats the game.

Not sure what to do about the future......when was the last time Brady was clutch in a playoff game? Not for a drive, but nope the course of the entire game.

The pats had this game in the bag ap except that Brady was not able to connect on some very makeable plays to branch that would have sealed the game.

Manning pretty much owns the Brady and the pats

I'm VERY serious. What do you think you are winning with Tom Brady going forward?? Tom is going to have "reeel purdy numbers" in the regular season and Tom is going to wet his pants in the playoffs if the defense he's facing is remotely good. Giants are good....NOT a great defense.....Pats put up 17 and were SHUTOUT in the 4th qtr. As with the Raven game, the Pats offense could not close out the game. What, Brady is going to get better as he ages??
No, Brady has gotten worse as a playoff performer as he's gotten older. Weird as that sounds it's true! Brady hasn't played a quality 60 minutes in the playoffs since '04. Sorry but the JV Broncos from this year don't count. NOT a playoff team.

Last edited:
Yup!! Brady tried to throw away the Raven in EXACTLY the same fashion but an inept Raven QB and kicker got in the way.
Brady threw an ill advised pick on the Pats next to last possession and they got the ball back with 6 minutes left with 2 pt lead on their last possession and could not put the game away (this is when I left the party - I KNEW we were done) and had to punt.
CARBON COPY of the Raven game only with a championship team in the Giants receiving the ball back.

If Bill Belichick believes Ryan Mallett is the real deal then it's time for Ryan Mallett to see some action.
We have Peyton Brady here in New England and the same issues and questions with this aging and injured QB.

Time to go to bed.

You know. Ive always been his biggest fan like anyone else. And I know that Welker dropped a game winning catch. But in fairness that was a terrible throw.

Brady lost the game when he spotted the Giants 9 points on his first throw of the game, and 3 more with ANOTHER ill advise throw.

Not saying he played terribly but seriously lets take off our homer eyes and can anyone here find another player who did more to hurt the team than him?

Forget the fumbles that didnt go our way its a moot point. It doesnt change what Brady DIDNT do.

I don't think it's on Brady. If you're saying that, you're expecting perfection. The Giants fumbled twice but NE couldn't recover. The Pats didn't run well consistently. So Brady was tasked with winning the game and he was let down by some receivers in the final few minutes. It happens.

with all do respect, people who are saying Brady had a bad game just don't really watch enough football. The guy was in a zone most of the game, 16 straight completions at one point. Bad drops at the end. Very good pass rush against him, especially in 4th quarter. Giants have 3 go to WRs, Brady had a slot guy, a good TE and a unhealthy Gronk.

I'm VERY serious. What do you think you are winning with Tom Brady going forward?? Tom is going to have "reeel purdy numbers" in the regular season and Tom is going to wet his pants in the playoffs if the defense he's facing is remotely good. Giants are good....NOT a great defense.....Pats put up 17 and were SHUTOUT in the 4th qtr. as with the raven game the pats offense could not close out the game. What, Brady is going to get better as he ages??
No, Brady has gotten worse as he's gotten older. Weird!
Brady hasn't played a quality 60 minutes in the playoffs since '04. Sorry but the JV Broncos from this year don't count. NOT a playoff team.

None of us have any idea what it takes to do what Brady does.

We're all upset and we're all pissed off.

Why don't you pack it in and come back tomorrow? You're ranting and mixing some idiotic comments in with good insights. Give it a rest and some time.

Thanks for proving to all of us you are a moron

This was a team loss.

The Pats had multiple chances to make plays that would have turned or ended the game and didn't make them.

For better or worse, the Giants made them.

Anyone who blames Brady for this loss should have their head examined. Yes he made a few mistakes. He still played his ass off. If he had a few more yards I believe that Hail Mary would've been caught. Yes I'm hurt by this loss. But I'm so proud to be a fan of this team. I guess the Giants are now what the Broncos use to be to us. It's all good. The Brady lead Pats reminds so much of the Kobe led Lakers. Kobe's Lakers won 3 championships from 2000-2003. They then loss to the Detroit Pistons in the 2004 NBA finals. The team then got blew up & had early exits in the 1st round of the playoffs the next 2 seasons. In 2007 they made it back to the finals to lose to the Celtics. 2008 Kobe's Lakers made it to their 6th finals appearence in which they defeated the Orlando Magic. I don't have to remind folks of what they did the following year as defending champs. I hope Brady & the Pats makes their 6th SB appearance down in New Orleans next year & win that thing. God is still good. I'm going to really need him these next few days. I'll be GUCCI in a few days.

Ridiculous thread (that I'm now posting in :rolleyes:). Brady played ok, Eli played better. That's what really hurts I think--just admitting that Goober Jr. is probably a better playoff QB at this point and may even be close to Brady's level overall. Brady is DEFINITELY NOT the clutch QB he once was.

Brady did not lose this game. No pass rush kills in a game like this. Simple as that.

Hope the Pats will start looking at guys like JPP (who I think is playing at DeMarcus Ware/Julius Peppers level) in the draft.

I'm not sure of you definition of a catchable pass. Maybe if Welker was 6'9''. Brady tried to lob the ball (since Welker was so wide open) which is something he is not good at. Had he just "thrown" the ball, he probably makes a better throw and gets the completion. Brady was 0 - for the season when he tried to lob the ball

Yes it was not en easy catch at all. I dunno maybe I take it for granted because I have seen him catch that kind of pass so many times before.

I can't believe people actually think this team would be better off without Brady.

You guys need to get hammered and go to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case