PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady lost the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARe you guys ******* serious with these posts?

Brady had his NUMBER ONE go-to-go injured. Imagine manning playing without a nicks or cruz. Brady played a really good game without his number one option.

We did not lose because of brady, we lost because we played it safe, we did not play to win in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

BTW, all credit to the giants offense. They were incredibly clutch.

I know this is going to get some heat from you guys, but yes, it is Brady. He's not the best ever. This was his defining moment and he made inexplicable mental errors on the first possession with the safety and then again with the bomb to Gronk which was like watching a slow motion car crash again, except this time it wasn't Slater trying to get a rainbow ball in the deep middle against reed and pollard it was Gronk over the deep middle hoping for a ball on a stub of a leg and every one knew it. I've had season ticket for 18 years and I've seen him choke in person over and over in the big games since 07. Bottom line is, the 15th ranked defense played well enough to win but the Brady of old is gone and its time to look the the future at the QB position.

The team as a whole played badly. They couldn't seem to get out of their own way. That includes some of play calling on the coaches.

BUT Brady appears to have been out of it before it ever began. Just like in SB 2007, you just had to look at his face before the game and you could see it. The cool, ice Brady from early in his career is gone. It has been replaced by a haunted, cautious man fearful of his legacy and the weight of the team.

In his early years he didn't know any better so he was cool and seemed relaxed and had fun, now he is terrified of making a mistake, so his recent playoff games have been horrible. It's sad really, and I have no idea if he will be able to work out his demons while he still physically can win or not.

Look the Patriots just got beat OK. It happens. It was a very exciting game and it literally came down to the final play. 5 AFC titles and 3 SB wins since 2001. 6 AFC titles since 1996. You know how many teams have never been in single SB during that time? I swear the Patriots fans are some of the most spoiled brats in all of sports.

I can't believe people actually think this team would be better off without Brady.

You guys need to get hammered and go to sleep.
Thats the problem they ARE hammered.

Ridiculous thread (that I'm now posting in :rolleyes:). Brady played ok, Eli played better. That's what really hurts I think--just admitting that Goober Jr. is probably a better playoff QB at this point and may even be close to Brady's level overall. Brady is DEFINITELY NOT the clutch QB he once was.

Brady did not lose this game. No pass rush kills in a game like this. Simple as that.

Hope the Pats will start looking at guys like JPP (who I think is playing at DeMarcus Ware/Julius Peppers level) in the draft.

how the **** did eli play better than brady?

Shane Vareen over Torrey Smith or Randall Cobb...I want to know who is evaluating WR's before the draft.

Yep, in hindsight this looks like a missed pick. Smith would definitely look good on the Pats, assuming Brady would have thrown the ball to him. I'm not convinced Smith would have spent much time on the field.

Yes it was not en easy catch at all. I dunno maybe I take it for granted because I have seen him catch that kind of pass so many times before.

Welker himself says that was a catch he always makes. It was a perfect throw,

When you run a 2 tight end offense all season and suddenly have 1 TE.......I dont know what u expect

life sucks now

I can't believe people actually think this team would be better off without Brady.

You guys need to get hammered and go to sleep.

I don't think they are better off, but when it comes to the playoffs, he's not what he used to be. He's just not a clutch QB anymore

I know this is going to get some heat from you guys, but yes, it is Brady. He's not the best ever. This was his defining moment and he made inexplicable mental errors on the first possession with the safety and then again with the bomb to Gronk which was like watching a slow motion car crash again, except this time it wasn't Slater trying to get a rainbow ball in the deep middle against reed and pollard it was Gronk over the deep middle gimping for a ball on a stub of a leg. I've had season ticket for 18 years and I hate to say this but I've seen him choke in person over and over in the big games since 07. The ticket prices are insane and reflect the success of the past. The bottom line is our 15th ranked defense played well enough to win tonight but the Brady of old is gone and its time to look the the future at the position.

Last edited:
When you run a 2 tight end offense all season and suddenly have 1 TE.......I dont know what u expect

life sucks now

Seriously. I can't believe people are pinning this loss on brady. The giants needed so much damn luck again to win this game.

Without his number one option, brady almost won us the game. Yeah, lets just go ahead and replace him.

with all do respect, people who are saying Brady had a bad game just don't really watch enough football. The guy was in a zone most of the game, 16 straight completions at one point. Bad drops at the end. Very good pass rush against him, especially in 4th quarter. Giants have 3 go to WRs, Brady had a slot guy, a good TE and a unhealthy Gronk.

Been watching Patriot football long before Brady got here. This game was there to be won and this offense was shutout in the 4th qtr. Don't want to hear a word about the defense. This Patriot D kept the Patriots in the game in the 1st half when Tom had his head up his bum and they held the Giants to freakin' FG's as Tom was re-inserting his head up him bum in the 3rd and 4th qtrs.
A BIG part of the problem is the offense is left to Brady. Starting next season the coaching staff has to gain control of the playcalling and it has to stay with them. Brady has shown he can no longer deliver in the big moments therefore he needs to go back to being a game manager (that's when we were winning SB's) and the coaches need to control the gameplan.
This team has failed to win ANYTHING since it became all about Tommy.

Last edited:
Thats the problem they ARE hammered.

Purple drunk and swimming in my own vomit, I wouldn't make that comment. Equally stupid as the "Trade Brady, Cassel is the future" threads/posts.

Think rationally people. I know it's hard to use reason after an emotional loss - this should be a signal to not post?

I know this is going to get some heat from you guys, but yes, it is Brady. He's not the best ever. This was his defining moment and he made inexplicable mental errors on the first possession with the safety and then again with the bomb to Gronk which was like watching a slow motion car crash again, except this time it wasn't Slater trying to get a rainbow ball in the deep middle against reed and pollard it was Gronk over the deep middle hoping for a ball on a stub of a leg and every one knew it. I've had season ticket for 18 years and I've seen him choke in person over and over in the big games since 07. Bottom line is, the 15th ranked defense played well enough to win but the Brady of old is gone and its time to look the the future at the QB position.

Packers fans went through something very similar. Favre is a legend & sure hall of famer. Favre stops committing to the offseason program for years at a time. Favre has great regular seasons. Favre plays sub par in the playoffs consistently year after year as he ages. Packers fans attack each other as the fan base divides into two camps ( keep him forever vs. he's past his prime ).

As the Patriots reach 8 years without a Superbowl win, and Brady turns 35, I expect the same division to occur in Patriots nation.

No sense reading this thread. Just wanted to note that the title's idiotic.

What satisfaction do fans get blaming a single person for a loss?

Tom Brady didn't lose the game. The New England Patriots lost the game, and the New York Giants won the game. Why isn't that acceptable?

Does pointing the figure, partitioning blame, and suggesting ludicrous changes soften the punch to the gut?

Come on guys. The Patriots fought hard all season and they were in the game until the very end.

It sucks. I f*cking hate this feeling, but it'll be August soon.

Go Pats.

Purple drunk and swimming in my own vomit, I wouldn't make that comment. Equally stupid as the "Trade Brady, Cassel is the future" threads/posts.

Think rationally people. I know it's hard to use reason after an emotional loss - this should be a signal to not post?

When was the last time Brady played was very good or better in the playoffs?

Against the jags in 2005 or 2006?

Had had this game in his hands, got hit, and it became a downward spiral...manning didn't have to be anything special because Brady kept giving him chances.

He absolutely did not hit Branch in stride on that play...

Brady most certainly hit Branch in stride on the play immediately after Welker dropped the ball. Helps to know which play is being referred to instead of making SWAGS and showing how ignorant you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back