PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Today's practice absentees - not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he worships money,wouldn't he be out on the field reaching the incentive goals in his contract?

The money he makes here and wasted away in Washington is more than enough to forego the goals he needs to make more

I could be wrong and Al may actually be having these back problems that linger for months but thats for others to think,not me.

If Al was a Jet we would all be laughing histerically over Rex's decision to sign him and how dumb that was by his history of dogging it whenever he wants to - thats for certain here in Patsfans.

Last edited:
What part of "injured" is that difficult to understand?

Patsdeb is usually such a level headed poster so I was quite surprised at her venom towards Albert. We were all expecting more from the guy, to this point, for sure. But, just by looking at him you can tell that he is not in game shape. And this is not a 4 week process to get him into game shape.
We've seen a couple of wondeful glimpses the first month of what he's capabale of, and everyone whose a Pats fan, wants to see more. Will we? Who knows? What I do know is we paid sweet F all for the guy so if it doesn't work out, it's not a big hit to the team. What I suspect is that we'll see more of him as he gets into better shape and when whatever injury he currently has has, gets better. This is good for the team and Pats fans if this happens. Will it? I sure hope it does!!!!
You may want to hammer the dude for his past failures and acts of immaturity in Washington. And its everyone's right to do so. But, doing so is kind of like opening a new puzzle, throwing out a bunch of the pieces and then getting angry because you can't finish it. This story with Albert as a Patriot has not yet been fully told and to try and piece together assumptions based on what he will do here going forward, based in large part on what he did in another town with another team, creates a highly inaccurate picture, filled with bias and falsehoods.
The story with Albert is incomplete. To say otherwise is silly!

Thanks Belize. I knew I was going to get flamed because I usually don't have such strong feelings, and believe me, nobody hopes I'm wrong more than me.

Let's be clear. Belichick is paying Haynsworth backup pay (about the same as Anderson) in the hopes that he might be helpful this year.

If you want to worry about earning their paycheck, you might consider that Ellis get $4M, Wright $2.9M and Carter $2.3M. All are considerable more than Haynsworth's $1.5M.

The money he makes here and wasted away in Washington is more than enough to forego the goals he needs to make more

I could be wrong and Al may actually be having these back problems that linger for months but thats for others to think,not me.

If Al was a Jet we would all be laughing histerically over Rex's decision to sign him and how dumb that was by his history of dogging it whenever he wants to - thats for certain here in Patsfans.

They should cut Haynesworth. Waste of a roster spot. Nobody else a surprise. Was hoping for Hernandez, but not holding my breath.

Why? Why? Why? "Waste of a roster spot" my bunions. We've kept scrubs on for FAR longer than this.
Haynesworth has the potential to CHANGE GAMES. One simply does not "cut him" because he's not 100%.
Please.

After all, we key players like Molden and Adams on the squad.

Why? Why? Why? "Waste of a roster spot" my bunions. We've kept scrubs on for FAR longer than this.
Haynesworth has the potential to CHANGE GAMES. One simply does not "cut him" because he's not 100%.
Please.

Let's be clear. Belichick is paying Haynsworth backup pay (about the same as Anderson) in the hopes that he might be helpful this year.

If you want to worry about earning their paycheck, you might consider that Ellis get $4M, Wright $2.9M and Carter $2.3M. All are considerable more than Haynsworth's $1.5M.

this is true. it is worth noting that A.H. has a huge bump next year that moves him from a backup salary to a pro bowler salary. Also, there are tons and tons of escalators based on playing time this year. So by him missing time, it could actually pave the way for him actually being around next year in a counter-intuitive way.

Wow...... this thread is hysterical. The hyperbole is fever pitch.......

Fat Al has an injured back....... he's 300+ lbs. He'll be lucky to be back this week, more likely a few more. Until then...... I'll do the rational thing and suspend judgement until I see him on the field some more.

Besides, we basically paid a bag of footballs for the guy, so if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. Nothing to get all worked up into a lather about.

Last edited:
One of the underrated things BB does is manage injuries by not talking about it and not letting the players talk about it. unlike in wash where shanahan and everyone was spouting to the media bout haynesworth here no one speaks which i assume is a big help to the player. Iam sure he is injured and the way pats manage injuries - the list is usually long at the beginning of the yr and shortens as the season goes by . So unless he is a 100% they wont play him this early in the yr.

Well, I'd say one part of your post is correct and spot on.

Kinda like water is wet, fire hot, and pain hurts. Ofcourse, these three onservations are quite as obvious.

Last edited:
obviously these two guys are NOT offspring of the peaceful Pennsylvania Quakers

Please note his origional post.

He thinks Haynesworth "fooled" Shanahan. Haynesworth was signed in 2009, Shanahan shows up 2010. One of his first plans was the 3-4 with Albert a nose.

As usual, clueless to reality. This was essentially the first fight Shanahan picked to make his stamp on the team.

Get the story correct. Not a bad concept.

Lol...not in the least....its always fun having sh!tsburgh residents on here though,they are too predictable

Lol!

Hey, do you think I should take him off my ignore list for some time to read the trash he continues to spout? Hmmm... guess not because some posters quote him and after reading his immature but arrogant rants, I am glad that he's on my ignore list. :D

That said, don't slam all the Pittsburgh (or PA ;)) fans. I am sure this guy is just one bad apple among the 100s. :)

and oh: i thoroughly disagree with you on your negative assessment of Al. Give it some time will you? None of us know what's going on behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Lol!

Hey, do you think I should take him off my ignore list for some time to read the trash he continues to spout? Hmmm... guess not because some posters quote him and after reading his immature but arrogant rants, I am glad that he's on my ignore list. :D

That said, don't slam all the Pittsburgh (or PA ;)) fans. I am sure this guy is just one bad apple among the 100s. :)

and oh: i thoroughly disagree with you on your negative assessment of Al. Give it some time will you? None of us know what's going on behind the scenes.

You have to expect that from the Western side of this state...if you have ever been to that area you would see what I mean,the
People in Sh|tsburgh act as if their crap is ice cream and are about as ignorant as there is,I visited my stepson many times out there (lives in New Castle,35 miles from there) and the majority of people act as if there was a nail up their ass.

I think maybe he should be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan,he fits their mold.

People like this are your prototypical 5'2 120lbs Internet bully,nothing more nothing less,shrug them off,don't give into ignore or they feel they win.

As far as Haynesworth,There are many in here who would be pissing in their pants laughing Hysterically at the Jets if Rex signed this fat ass Al.

Like another said,it's not a huge contract for Al so not such a loss in terms of Kraft spending and of course we all want to see Al succeed because he is on this team, but until he WANTS to play and decides he WANTS to be a factor,it is what it is..... But to give Al some defense,no new addition to the defense has really done anything special yet so far.

You have to expect that from the Western side of this state...if you have ever been to that area you would see what I mean,the
People in Sh|tsburgh act as if their crap is ice cream and are about as ignorant as there is,I visited my stepson many times out there (lives in New Castle,35 miles from there) and the majority of people act as if there was a nail up their ass.

People like this are your prototypical 5'2 120lbs Internet bully,nothing more nothing less,shrug them off,don't give into ignore or they feel they win.

As far as Haynesworth,There are many in here who would be pissing in their pants laughing Hysterically at the Jets if Rex signed this fat ass Al.

Like another said,it's not a huge contract for Al so not such a loss in terms of Kraft spending and of course we all want to see Al succeed because he is on this team, but until he WANTS to play and decides he WANTS to be a factor,it is what it is..... But to give Al some defense,no new addition to the defense has really done anything special yet so far.

TRANSLATION

Geesh, I really am stupid. Why is patsfaninpittsburgh taking it to me? Being clueless shouldn't mean I get single coverage.

Maybe numbnuts in NYC can take some of the heat off me. If you read his posts, he more than earns it.

Hey, take patsfaninpittsburgh off ignore. If you need to ignore anything, just ignore what he says is always way over your head.

LOL, I thought I was the only one thinking that. Not the brightest bulb in the box.

LOL, I thought I was the only one thinking that. Not the brightest bulb in the box.

Well the bulb is always dim in his Parents Basement where he writes his crap,so brightness is not an issue here,hell I guess I would be a bully like that if all my social life only included looking up stats for 32 teams and thinking I knew it all :)

He's a clown...but a sad one.

If you notice,most of the time you see a response from him is to insult or try and 'correct' you.....which brings nothing worthwhile to this forum except to get attention which apparently is lost in that basement.

Last edited:
whats with all the insults it's not even funny anymore agree to Disagree or fight back with real football knowledge but the sec someone says something they dont like they are fantasy football fans or jets fans or some outher personal attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back