Welcome to PatsFans.com

Today's practice absentees - not great.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Patjew, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +122 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

No Edelman, Woodhead, Hernandez, Mayo, Vollmer, Haynesworth and Wright.

I was really hoping to see Hernandez, Vollmer, and Haynesworth there. Hopefully they will be tomorrow.

At least Bodden and Dowling are there.
  2. fnordcircle

fnordcircle ( o Y o ) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +337 / 8 / -14

How long until some dumb rube labels Hernandez as an injury-prone bust?

Or has that already happened? I get seizures from reading some of the posts here that affect my short-term memory.

It's a blessing in disguise, really.
  3. sbpatfan

sbpatfan Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't want Edelman injured, but if his injury opens the door for Vereen and/or more Slater - I'm fine with that.
  4. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -1

They should cut Haynesworth. Waste of a roster spot. Nobody else a surprise. Was hoping for Hernandez, but not holding my breath.
  5. RIpats88

RIpats88 Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

the only one that we really NEED out there is haynesworth imo...hernandez would be a boost to the offense, but he likely wont be 100%

no edelman just means more snaps for ochocinco/maybe the appearance of price...and use slater on the kick returns/welker on punt returns

our running game was still good last game when woody went down..due to the emergence of ridley..maybe we finally see vereen get some reps.

id love to see hernandez out there...but if hes not 100% id rather have him sit..no use risking futher injury for our biggest matchup problem when theres alot more games left in the season.

haynesworth on the other hand is needed to help our pass rush. even if mangold plays he wont be fully there yet and haynesworth can exploit that weak ol

we have enough weapons on offense to put up 31points, im just more concerned with getting our defensive starters back to hold the jets under that amount
  6. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,356 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

As much as I anticipate the sheer joy of watching Hernandez romping deep in the hapless Jests secondary, our offense has multiple effective weapons including a couple guys who need to "step up". It's the D that bothers me. I'd love to have FA because his effective presence would force the Jets to abandon their run game and go with the Sangrenade. Hilarity ensues. Having Bodden and Glass IR Dowling back, if they're really ready for contact is most helpful for this shaky defense. Starting to worry about Herr Vollmer long term. My happy face surmises that Bill is waiting for guys to be really healthy and enter November on a 3 1/2 month quest.
  7. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Before posters start to panic, Wednesday is usually the practice that vets or injured players take off.

If they miss the last practice prior to the game, that is the time to panic and jump off your virtual ledge if you so desire.
  8. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +487 / 6 / -7

Why? Because he's been injured?
  9. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

Thank goodness they drafted Solder. The kid has more than held is own.
  10. Sicilian

Sicilian On the Roster

Ratings:
    +409 / 1 / -2

Quite an overreaction here. As has been mentioned, Wednesday practices are typically the loosest for attendance. I'd give it at least one more day.
  11. satz

satz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

How many Light `s Out thread we had ....I wonder what they say now.
  12. patsfaninpittsburgh

patsfaninpittsburgh Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Friday practice is the one to watch.
  13. patfanken

patfanken On the Roster

Ratings:
    +601 / 16 / -8

#91 Jersey

FYI - they mentioned on PFW in progress that Haynesworth wanted to play in Oakland, but the team held him back. PP is right, Wednesday is the practice that plays coming off injuries and vets miss. I now fully expect to see Albert this week.

They also reported that Hernandez was in the lockerroom walking without a limp, and fooling with the reporters. Those guys are sure that he'll play. I'm more suspect.

BTW- the fact Boddin and Dowling are not on this list is more important than any of those who are.
  14. patsfaninpittsburgh

patsfaninpittsburgh Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Are you saying that having 2 of the top 3 corners is important?
  15. Its_The_Patriots

Its_The_Patriots Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Next player steps in. It's really that simple.
  16. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +770 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

Hernandez is young and a fast healer. I'm still amazed at how well he came back from hip surgery, but I don't see him playing Sunday.

With Mangold back this week, I'd love to see Haynesworth in there. Just getting him to draw double teams will loosen up the pass rush considerably.

Edelman's contributions as a returner are important, but his role as a receiver can be compensated for by Slater/Price.

I REALLY want to see Vollmer back. That unbalanced line they were running with him next to Solder is formidable for the running game.
  17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +272 / 10 / -26

I agree, with those two back should be an upgrade in the secondary..

Fans often forget that Haynesworth contract is incentive laden and dependent on how many snaps he gets.. bad backs and big people can be tough.
  18. neuronet

neuronet Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 2 / -0

#87 Jersey

:rofl::blush:

10char
  19. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I posted in some thread that Edelman was seen walking w/ a BOOT on his leg. It might gave been the vereen thread b/c some 1 brought up kickoffs and punts.
    Person said edelman sucked on KO's and we all know he is a SOLID PR. Someone brought up Vereen as a DYNAMIC KR so I proposed splitting duties Edel to PR Vereen for KO's/KR's in this thread I mentioned the status of Edelman is up in the air for next week
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  20. vuudu

vuudu Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Guys, do I sound like a homer? Read below and tell me I am crazy(911 inside job) crazy.

Does anyone think the coaches are holding a lot of things back? I have looked around the league and there is no other team with so many unknowns like us.
    Haynesworth I hear could have played last week, but he has been shut down. Ocho can play, but so far he is yanked out during second half of games. I doubt is is just because he does not know the playbook.
    So basically, I am saying we are playing rope-a-dope with the league. Offense defense.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.