PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To the 12th Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: To the thousands of fans who booed multiple times

Sorry, the defense definately deserved to be booed. Remember that was the Dolphins. Not the 2004 Colts, not the 1999 Rams, not the 1989 49ers. It was the Miami friggin Dolphins that won like 2 games since 2006 and they moved the ball at will. That was a disgrace of a performance.

I don't remember if Cassel was booed but if he was I'm with you there. The guy couldve had a perfect game and we still rpobably don't win.

Do you have any Idea what you did? You do NOT boo your starting quarterback, no matter how ****ty you think he did. You do NOT boo the defense for giving up a big play. And you CERTAINLY EFFING DO NOT BOO THE ENTIRE TEAM GOING INTO THE LOCKER ROOM AT THE HALF!!!!

Do you know what you did? No, you did not lose the game. But if our guys were lacking the intensity needed for the game (as some players said in pg press conf), you certainly ruined any chance that our guys would get fired up at the half.

There is a good reason why the call it the 12th man. Because the crowd has POWER. And you used your power to hurt your own guys. You kicked them when they were down. You HUMILIATED them on their own home field. Each and every one of you should go home and promptly throw yourselves down a flight of stairs. And then line up for one of these;

very well said
ive never been a believer in booing your own team (except when you have a guy starting like kevin millar over a far superior player like kevin youkilis-only time i ever booed one of my teams players or teams while at a game)

Maybe the booing will motivate the team. If nothing else I would think the booing would weight heavily upon Belichick b/c he knows such a complete breakdown in all facets of the game has a lot to do with coaching and preparation. It seems to me at times that we have no linebackers, it's just linemen and DB's with a great big void between the two.

Look, alot of "real fans" sold their seats today thinking this was going to be a bad blowout the other way and more did the same when Brady went down. Our team knows we are a well educated fan base and they know when their effort deserves to be booed. Anyone paying to see that game today simply didnt get their monies worth in effort--not results. I am sure there were some "newby/pink hats" booing, but I doubt that there werent some die hard fans not appreciating that team today.....Booing is contagious.

Wow, lots of thin skin here today.

I would think that after a 21 game reg season win streak and one of the most impressive stretches of excellent play in recent memory the Gillette fans would be just a bit more forgiving.

Funny thing about the Super Bowl loss and Wide Right references. Ever after such "embarrassing" times, I can't remember fans at the Ralph behaving the way the Gillette crowd did today.

I would not have booed if I were there. As frustrated as I was, I understood it. However, I will say that I was disappointed in the fans who were there and did boo.

This team had won 21 straight games. I would have stayed, and at the end, applauded the team for the previous 21 games and understood that days like this happen to every team and that we, as fans, had this type of day coming to us. More over, I also know that I, along with many of you, will be there supporting them in two weeks either in front of the tv, computer, radio, or in person. By booing the team after one loss, it shows that your loyalties are more towards winning than the New England Patriots franchise.

I would not have booed if I were there. As frustrated as I was, I understood it. However, I will say that I was disappointed in the fans who were there and did boo.

This team had won 21 straight games. I would have stayed, and at the end, applauded the team for the previous 21 games and understood that days like this happen to every team and that we, as fans, had this type of day coming to us. More over, I also know that I, along with many of you, will be there supporting them in two weeks either in front of the tv, computer, radio, or in person. By booing the team after one loss, it shows that your loyalties are more towards winning than the New England Patriots franchise.

Well said.

Some of you still don't get it: those in attendence - the smart ones - who were quite correctly booing were booing the effort & the game-planning, not the loss. Big difference.

When they play like a supposed SB contender, folks will cheer for them, regardless of how long they've been fans.

When they play like LOSER FAT WOMEN, they will get treated as such.

Don't think you can come here and bash fans for speaking the TRUTH, this fockin team (?) was a damn disgrace today, it was so fockin pathetic it should have been blacked out.

Bill better learn to be a better coach, he no longer has Brady to bail him out.

I don't think I would boo myself but I can understand why others would.

What is this little league, why don't we take the scoreboard down too, it might make them feel bad.

Its one thing to lose because of inferior talent or because you just aren't that good of a team. Its another thing to lose because you got burned by a high school play 6 times, had a predictable offense and never made adjustments. Personally I think the boos were for the coaching staff for a piss poor job.

Last edited:
Probably because they weren't around half the time.

Please crawl back into your hole. And enough with the "thin skin" crap. You'd be the same way if your team was crucified last year, made fun of for an entire offseason for the "biggest choke job ever" (since being perfect is, you know, EASY), then had to watch 31 teams fans gloat about their best player being knocked out for the year.

Oh, and then the media acted like the first loss of the year = 2-14 record. Please, just screw off.

Considering the opposition this has to be the sorriest performance in the entire NFL for this week. Booing is the least of our worries and this thread is nothing more than a diversion from the fact that 80% of the team and C/S mailed it in today. I never thought that it would be nice to have a week 4 bye.

Sometimes, when my kids do stupid sh!t, I yell at them. Most of the time I praise them, cuz they mostly get stuff right. Every now and again though, they do deserve a stern word or to. I still love them. I know that, and more importantly, they know that to. Same thing here. I love my Patriots as much as ALL of you, and always will. They are not above getting a boo when they lay a big fat turd on the field though. I'm not a huge boo'er in the first place (I think it's pretty meaningless and sillly anyway), but I have NO ISSUE with anyone doing it today.

This was a pathetic display. The "D" got absolutly ****ing torched on a HS gimmick play not once, but five goddamn times. This wasn't some vaunted offense they were up against either. The dolphins are arguably the WORST team in the league. Sorry dude, the "D" deserved every boo they got. Perhaps in a couple weeks they'll get some cheers. I'm sure they will. Not today though.

As for the offense. Personally, I wouldn't have booed them. They were just inept, but not for lack of trying so much. They just got outplayed. Cassel struggles to lead this team. That much is clear. I'll still love them though, but I reserve the right to let then know I'm displeased. You have every right not to boo them, and I won't question you, but likewise, you've no right to question us.

btw, start this thread after we play a tough battle and barely lose in a a squeaker? I'd probably agree with you. It's one thig to boo if they leave it on the field and just come up short. We can all live with that. It's altogether another when they turn in that dismal of a display.

Worst game I've seen in years.

Last edited:

The fans paid good money for their tickets, they have a right to expect a better effort than they saw today, and they have a right to boo if they feel like it. You, on the other hand, have NO right to come here and throw F-bombs and other four letter crap at other stadium fans, which may include many of the posters here.

like hell, ill say he does

I was 3K miles away but I was booing. They sucked. There was no effort. It was embarassing. Booing was appropriate. You get cheered when you play well, you get booed when you don't - that's how it works.

I live 30 miles from the Razor ... I can't believe ShrewBeer heard me. :p
Hey ShrewBeer ... did you hear my dog howling at my plasma?:p

My hamster was so disgusted he shut his TV off in his hideout and started running his wheel.:p

I was upset and dejected (especially at the fact that pulled an all-nighter to watch THAT), but I have never booed the Pats. That's just me. I guess I can understand how others might. Anyway, it's NE and I've seen it many times.

I would Cheer if by some freak accident a seagull flew over the stadium and **** on Matt Cassel's forehead right when the camera was zooming on him for a close up

I would Cheer if by some freak accident a seagull flew over the stadium and **** on Matt Cassel's forehead right when the camera was zooming on him for a close up

OK, I think you're an awful fan but I actually laughed when I read that. :D

I feel so conflicted. :confused:

Bill better learn to be a better coach, he no longer has Brady to bail him out.
Yeah, let's get Lane Kiffin in here, word is that he might be available soon.

While we're at it, let's see if we can get the Lions to let us buy out that Millen guy's contract. He knows a whole lot more than Pioli; after all, he was a Pro-Bowl NFL player and he really knew his stuff as an analyst on TV.

After all this team has given to us for the past 7 years,only fair weather fans would do that.
What I was going to post. For 8-9 years this team has given us something most other cities/fans could only dream of and the minute adversity strikes the "what have for you done for me lately crowd crawls out of the woodwork like cochroaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back