PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To the 12th Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
A team that has just won 21 games in a row NEVER EVER DESERVES TO BE BOOED FOR ONE LOSS, no matter how horrible or pathetic they looked. They should have been applauded for the achievement they had that just ended. Further proof some of the fans in that stadium are spoiled. Not all of them just enough to make the rest of us notice. Thank God I did not go to the game I would have gotten AGITATED hahahaha I would have had to write another contraversial open letter hahahahaha

Last edited:
Anyone who leaves a game or turns off the TV because their team is having a bad game is less of a fan than those of us who don't and you don't deserve a team this good if you can't do your best to support them.

Gillette is becoming a golf crowd and it annoys the crap out of me.

And please, no more glib little statements about getting tickets, I buy every ticket I can and when my name comes up for season tickets I'll be buying mine and hopefully replacing a few of you spoiled brats.

Re: To the thousands of fans who booed multiple times

Fans have the right to Boo when it is appropriate. When a team has just won 21 in a row which is a record but then throws in a clunker even though they showed horrible effort they do not deserve to be booed. Every team will have a bad effort now and then and this team has not played that poorly at home in YEARS. If the Pats show that they quit and are playing without effort in their next 4 games then I will be the first to boo them ferociousl. But they deserved to be lauded for the achievement that ended yesterday.

The only guy who deserves the right to boo whenever he wants is the guy who charged 400000 grand on his credit card to get season tickets. He can take a dump on the lighthouse at the 50 yard line if he wants to as far as I am concerned.

Real fans only boo when they know they are seeing true lack of effort, incompetence, not caring and disregard for the game. Clearly we have seen much better than that for a long time.

Last edited:

i dont think booing is uncommon overall but i have seen the gillette crowd boo if the patriots go 3 and out twice down by 3 pts or 6 pts.

i watched the packer game last nite down 27-9 . they were just silent. even cheered a meaningless fumble. vastly different.

Fans had expectations.

We had a SuperBowl calibre team when they purchased those tickets.

We went 16-0 last year, the Dolphins went 1-15.

And we got blown out. It wasnt even close. What a waste of time and money.

Can you blame them for booing?

A team that has just won 21 games in a row NEVER EVER DESERVES TO BE BOOED FOR ONE LOSS, no matter how horrible or pathetic they looked. They should have been applauded for the achievement they had that just ended. Further proof some of the fans in that stadium are spoiled. Not all of them just enough to make the rest of us notice. Thank God I did not go to the game I would have gotten AGITATED hahahaha I would have had to write another contraversial open letter hahahahaha

Dont you think they were booing Cassel? They've never booed bbefore until Cassel came in and played like ****, he deserved to get booed. I can't stand when people call frustrated fans bangwagon fans.

There are way too many "I'm a better fan than you are" threads on this board these days.

+1, the shots they showed of the crowd were pretty depressing.

On a related note, so was watching the defense get tortched on a friggen gimmick play found in every HS play book in the country.

Not just once either, but 5 times.

Patriot annouce player cuts

Foxboro, Mass 9/22/08 – After yesterday’s stunning loss to the Miami Dolphins, the New England Patriots announced today that they will be releasing “the 12th man.”

The Patriots citing team policy refused to comment on the reason for the releasing “12th man.”

Bill Belichick, the coach of the New England Patriots responded to in a press conference by saying, “we did what we felt gives us the best chance to win.” When asked if another fan based would be signed, Belichick responded that “we will sign and release as we feel gives our team the best chance to win.”

According to Patriots insiders this cut was long in the making, but Sunday’s poor performance was “the final straw.” The insider listed many reasons why the team was disappointed in “12th man’s “play for a long time. Including a lack of basic understanding that you make noise on defense and are quiet on offense. “12th man” frequently got this backwards, cheering wildly on offensive drives and being almost silent on critical defensive third downs. The “12th man” also ignored the team philosophy of “one game at a time.” Last season all season long “12th man” was rarely focused on the game at hand and was instead focused on the Super Bowl and going 19-0. Once the Patriots won the AFC Championship game, the focus of the “12th man” switched if the team could repeat 16-0, as if the Super Bowl was merely an after thought. Belichick had long tired of the “12th man’s” antics, but owner Robert Kraft refused to let the “12th man” go

But events of this season made the cut inevitable. The ‘12th man” has become a proverbial locker room cancer. Including demanding that Matt Cassel be cut and openly speculating that Randy Moss would become a cancer, when in fact Moss has been supportive of Cassel and “12th man” has not. The final act leading to “12th man” being released was he booing during the game followed by leaving early.

According to sources close to the Patriots during the bye week several fan bases will be brought in for a tryout including the Celtics, Bruins, Revolution and Boston College. Red Sox fan base will not be being invited to tryout. They were briefly considered but their history with Bill Buckner made Belichick unwilling to bring them in.

Re: Patriot annouce player cuts

who is this '12th man"?

Love the post be ready for onslaught from the wine and cheese crowd

Great post. NEPatriot's reply made it that much better as well.

I love these ..."My fan is bigger than your fan" threads. My "boo...no boo" stance is simple. I will boo at a professional sporting event but never at an amateur event. If they want me to pay them to watch them make a living, then boos are on the table. As for yesterday, though the performance was terrible, the Patriots have earned alot of goodwill. No Boo for You!

I’m so impressed with all of these “real fans” that clap so loud and cheer at the top of their lungs and who are never referred to as bandwagon, you are the poster child for what every fan should be, you would all get a big shinny medal from me if I really concerned myself with the other fans in the stadium appose to the players on the field.

When Randy Moss totally mails it in like he did yesterday, I have the right to boo him.

hmmmm

i thought the crowd tried hard to give the team something to build on yesterday, from where i sat (sec 239). rising up to encourage the D to make a key stop, imploring the O to get some pts before half.

the crowd is not perfect im sure. but that game was a stinker. 38 points. how many stops did the D have, like 2-3??

just a terrible performance. not sure what we exepct from an in stadium crowd when the Pats are blown out and the game is over WITH SIX MINUTES LEFT IN THE 3RD QUARTER!!

as for this Board and the chicken littles, i totally see your point. its just one game. one very bad performance. our team is much better that that. and we all know what matters is how they play come december....
:mad:

What did we suppose to do when our team didn't play well? Cheer them up?

I certainly don't pay 500 bucks to see crappy performance on the field. It's for SURE.

I heard that the 12th man has been let go, so there will be no more excuses.

I think it's prefectly acceptable to boo a lack of effort. Anyone who feels a player who isn't trying should receive my encouragement doesn't understand football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call