PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To the 12th Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: To the thousands of fans who booed multiple times

I personally wouldn't boo, but after a performance like today, I could understand why people feel that way. Yes, the Pats have given us a lot, but they just didn't even put forth effort this week.

After all this team has given to us for the past 7 years,only fair weather fans would do that.

Exactly. And the old time fans remember way worse losses and performances than this one today,and had to sit on aluminum benches besides. I was embarrassed by the booing-not surprised by it though. People were tangibly p*ssed by the apparent lack of heart. It's one thing to go down fighting for every last breath like we did in the SB, today was another matter entirely. It was a debacle.

If you must boo, wait untill the end of the game, when they are walking off. I dont condone it, but at least it couldnt possibly affect the outcome.

I guess I should have stood and cheered wildly when the "D" was beat FIVE times by he direct snap to HB play while Pennington was split wide.

Hey, I never boo my team, but to even think the crowd should be blamed is ridiculous.

Most of the crowd was urging this team on all day....

The crowd was still there and was very loud when Hobbs injected momentary life into the team with his long return. Crowd was lit when they scored and really lit after S/teams made the stop at the 15. At that point with 3:30 to go in the 3rd, the "D" once again gave up chunks of yardage the quarter ran out and then Miami scored the TD that led to the first group of fans leaving. It was OVER...time to go.

We'll be back there next game, we go to every game...all of them...every single one and we are loud and proud - even today.

Look around these threads and you'll see multiple posts where I preach the need for patience with Cassell and a recognition that one game doesn't make a season...

But what's with this thin skin about booing?

The team that plays like that - Defense, Offense, and Special Teams - should expect to be booed... they deserve to be booed - for that game.

The players understand that - and they accept it.

They certainly don't think they deserve to be cheered... "Thatta boy - nice try! A for effort! We don't care if you win! Just as long as you try hard!"

Give me a break.

You can boo a bad performance and still be a staunch and loyal fan. Frankly, one would hope that the boos at half time would have served to rile the team up to show what they were made of.

These guys are tough, professional football players. Don't spend a lot of time worrying about hurting their fragile feelings.

If the team continues to play like this, fans are going to continue to boo, as well they should.

Your sig says you are proud of the patriots. Why are you proud if it is just a show that you "paid good money to see"? You are one of those idiots who when refering to your team say "WE won" when they win, and "THEY lost" when they lose.
And I DO have every right to throw four letter crap at you until the mods delete it.
I am not one who booed, but I will defend the right of those who did to do so. Your sig is interesting too - it says there are rules. There are rules also on this message board, you blatantly violated them in the original post of the thread, and then you broke them again when you replied to me by calling me an idiot. You may be willing to wait until your posts get deleted, but you may find that your account is deleted along with it.

Ugly, ugly loss. I'm pretty disappointed in the crowd who turned on Cassel quickly and actually boo'ed him. I think some of these newer Pats fans are spoiled on wins, they've forgotten entire decades of suckage.

Their anger was misplaced IMO. It was the D that lost that game, they got steamrolled by Brown and Williams, Ricky ran OVER Meriweather and Harrison on 1 particularly long run. I'm stunned they never adjusted to that Pennington split wide, Brown under center play, they got torched multiple times with that.

On the plus side my seats were amazing, my first game in Gillette, gifted tickets from my boss in Club Level East. Cheered till I was horse. :D Sad to watch so many "fans" heading for the exits in the second half. :disagreement:

Last edited:

i still can't believe fans of a 2-0 team were booing, and i can't believe the throngs of fans leaving the stadium early in the 4th qtr

eh i can understand the booing with a game like this. i would not have done it but i can understand it

Your sig says you are proud of the patriots. Why are you proud if it is just a show that you "paid good money to see"? You are one of those idiots who when refering to your team say "WE won" when they win, and "THEY lost" when they lose.
And I DO have every right to throw four letter crap at you until the mods delete it.

You certainly do not. You deleted the full word and did not direct it at any poster. If you do either then the infractions will be applied. Just want to get that across so others don't think they have that "right" either.

Now back on topic and speaking of "rights'. Just because fans have a "right" to boo this team, doesn't means it's the right thing to do.

This team has earned many "Mulligans", And even though I'm very unhappy with the performance today, I wouldn't even think of booing them.

Last edited:

I was 3K miles away but I was booing. They sucked. There was no effort. It was embarassing. Booing was appropriate. You get cheered when you play well, you get booed when you don't - that's how it works.

Have to agree completely.......yes we are spoiled here....but last year was last year.....and now we are in a new season....and when a team comes out as flat, unmotivated, and embarrassing....they DESERVE to get booed.......They were absolutely awful today....can't really cheer when your team is getting butt raped by one of the worst teams in the NFL......especially if you paid good money to watch that train wreck....

You **** ing pieces of sht. Do you have any Idea what you did? You do NOT boo your starting quarterback, no matter how ****ty you think he did. You do NOT boo the defense for giving up a big play. And you CERTAINLY EFFING DO NOT BOO THE ENTIRE TEAM GOING INTO THE LOCKER ROOM AT THE HALF!!!!

Do you know what you did? No, you did not lose the game. But if our guys were lacking the intensity needed for the game (as some players said in pg press conf), you certainly ruined any chance that our guys would get fired up at the half.

There is a good reason why the call it the 12th man. Because the crowd has POWER. And you used your power to hurt your own guys. You kicked them when they were down. You HUMILIATED them on their own home field. Each and every one of you should go home and promptly throw yourselves down a flight of stairs. And then line up for one of these;

How dare you, you brainless, pink-hat-wearing lemming.

With the exception of Ellis Hobbs & Gostkowski, every single one of them - players & coaches, offense & defense - deserved all of the boos they received, and then some. If those laurel-resting imposters are upset over booing, then they are even less mentally tough than I'm afraid they already are, and will certainly be no match whatsoever against teams that will actually, you know, finish above .500.

Do yourself a favor, and try thinking for yourself instead of insulting others, Mr. Goodell.

LOL. In hindsight, I probably would have been better off starting a thread on abortion. :D

With the exception of Ellis Hobbs & Gostkowski, every single one of them - players & coaches, offense & defense - deserved all of the boos they received, and then some. If those laurel-resting imposters are upset over booing, then they are even less mentally tough than I'm afraid they already are, and will certainly be no match whatsoever against teams that will actually, you know, finish above .500.

Do yourself a favor, and try thinking for yourself instead of insulting others, Mr. Goodell.

LOL well said. :)

The fans paid good money for their tickets, they have a right to expect a better effort than they saw today, and they have a right to boo if they feel like it.
Agree they have the right, but that doesn't make it the right thing to do.

You, on the other hand, have NO right to come here and throw F-bombs and other four letter crap at other stadium fans, which may include many of the posters here.
Yes, he does. He is entitled to an opinion, and I agree with him. Fans that boo are trashy fans. You want to help your team win, make noise of defense, and do not boo your team because it lost one of its last 22 games.

We do realize how lucky we are to go, in a lot of ways and I know you are not one to biatch about such things.

Come up one time if you can dude and we'll find you a ticket.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I am going to try and get up there this year with my 4 year old before it gets too cold.

Just because fans have a "right" to boo this team, doesn't means it's the right thing to do.
Two great minds :D

not that it had anything to do with the outcome of the game, but it's clear that the Pats have absolutely no home field advantage, and may not have since 2004. I look forward to them playing on the road. The large majority of fans going to the stadium are indeed "pink hat wearing lemmings"

Welcome to Massachusetts. If the team puts up a stinker of this magnitude, whether it be the Sox, Celts, some team called the Bruins, or even the Pats, most likely there will be booing involved. If you guys get offended by this, make sure never to attend a Red Sox game.

Booing = classless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back