PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to Get Brady Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
A better scenario might be Texans WR Andre Johnson. I mentioned this in another thread. Although 32 he is a stud. He has a 2014 CAP of $6.5m. The Texans Billy O is enamored with Mallet and the Texans are in CAP hell so they dump TE Owen Daniels who suffered a broken leg, now healed but is a great fit here. Get both.
How about saving WR Justin Blackmans career who has AA issues but only 24. As much talent as anyone. Talib and Moss worked. The Jags would settle cheap and his CAP is cheap.
DW Toys

I actually believe Andre Johnson is a very real possibility with both his indifference showing in Houston towards the end of the season, his age, cap hit, and O' Brien's relationship with BB and Caserio.

I'm not saying it's probable, but more likely than most would think if AJ would prefer to leave Houston.

BB screwed up on obvious things, again. It's become an all too familiar refrain. Hopefully, he'll get it right this time.

BB, despite all the injuries, and Brady having one of his poor statistical years, put together a group that made it to the conference championship game.

Yeah, he screwed all right:bricks:

I know he needs some, but we have to realize we lost both our te's that make our offense potent. And then the defense suffered a large amount of injuries. It is amazing we went this far on jags.

I just hope the injuries next year aren't to the quality of players we lost. Because that has held us back every year, injuries to our playmakers.

BB, despite all the injuries, and Brady having one of his poor statistical years, put together a group that made it to the conference championship game.

Yeah, he screwed all right:bricks:

Great post, because we have to take it all as one giant package, and can't break things down. Everything was done perfectly. Let's hope they don't change a thing!

I assume your post is the last for you until after next season, since there's no more for you to say now?

We don't need to break the bank fkr Jimmy Graham (and NO won't let him go anyway) Would Dennis Pitta cost to much? We've seen that he can play TE with Flacco, imagine how he'd look with Brady.

Or how about we do what we should have done a few years ago, and get Anquan Boldin. That guy has some great hands, I've really enjoyed watching him play this past year (its amazing what a uniform change will do for a guy).

We don't need to break the bank fkr Jimmy Graham (and NO won't let him go anyway) Would Dennis Pitta cost to much? We've seen that he can play TE with Flacco, imagine how he'd look with Brady.

Or how about we do what we should have done a few years ago, and get Anquan Boldin. That guy has some great hands, I've really enjoyed watching him play this past year (its amazing what a uniform change will do for a guy).

He said last year he would retire than sign with the pats. Doubt he even thinks about coming here.

Great post, because we have to take it all as one giant package, and can't break things down. Everything was done perfectly. Let's hope they don't change a thing!

I assume your post is the last for you until after next season, since there's no more for you to say now?

Never said everything was done perfectly and nothing should be changed. If I did, please point that out in my post.

But your assertion that BB again screwed up on obvious things is silly. Almost troll level comment.

But for giggles, why don't you break it down for us. Maybe BB is reading this thread and takes a few notes from your suggestions.

Normally I would agree, but they lost to a team with just as many injuries,
As many injuries isn't the same as significant injuries to comparable players.

The Broncos deserve a pat on the back for navigating their own adversity but let's not pretend their injuries were as significant as the Patriots injuries when one considers match ups.

BB screwed up on obvious things, again. It's become an all too familiar refrain. Hopefully, he'll get it right this time.

Deus. If bb knew that one TE was a serial killer and the other would have his knee taken out to end his season, he would have done something. If he knew the RB's would have health, and fumble issues, he would have done something. If he knew the d would get a rash of injuries and the lines would be decimated, he would have done something.

I am sad we lost, but you don't think these rash of injuries aren't a root cause? I guarantee if we have only half the injuries, we might be in the SB.

Just have to hope next years injuries aren't as derailing as this years.

Never said everything was done perfectly and nothing should be changed. If I did, please point that out in my post.

But your assertion that BB again screwed up on obvious things is silly. Almost troll level comment.

But for giggles, why don't you break it down for us. Maybe BB is reading this thread and takes a few notes from your suggestions.

It's not silly at all, and people were pointing out those mistakes long before the season started.

As for trolling, that's what your post was.

Deus. If bb knew that one TE was a serial killer and the other would have his knee taken out to end his season, he would have done something. If he knew the RB's would have health, and fumble issues, he would have done something. If he knew the d would get a rash of injuries and the lines would be decimated, he would have done something.

I am sad we lost, but you don't think these rash of injuries aren't a root cause? I guarantee if we have only half the injuries, we might be in the SB.

Just have to hope next years injuries aren't as derailing as this years.

Just regarding the offense, he knew (or should have known):

Gronk was injured and was struggling with recovery
AHern was injury prone and had issues
Amendola was injury prone
Edelman was injury prone
Dobson was a rookie WR, and they usually struggle
Boyce was a rookie WR, and they usually struggle
Thompkins was a rookie WR, and they usually struggle
Hooman wasn't a receiver
Vereen was injury prone
Ridley was struggling with fumbles
Wendell is not a starting caliber center
Vollmer was injury prone

The idea that this stuff was stunning and all came out of the blue just doesn't wash.

Edelman was injury prone
Hooman wasn't a receiver
Vereen was injury prone
Vollmer was injury prone

The idea that this stuff was stunning and all came out of the blue just doesn't wash.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on injury prone and bb should have a crystal ball and know everything.

Btw, gronk started his first 46 games and 2 full seasons. And now has played part of 2 seasons. So I wouldn't categorize him injury prone yet

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on injury prone and bb should have a crystal ball and know everything.

Btw, gronk started his first 46 games and 2 full seasons. And now has played part of 2 seasons. So I wouldn't categorize him injury prone yet

I'm not sure what you think there is to disagree about, with regards to the injuries. The players I said were injury prone are just that, by definition.

prone
1 [prohn]
adjective
having a natural inclination or tendency to something; disposed; liable: to be prone to anger.

Prone | Define Prone at Dictionary.com

: having a tendency or inclination : being likely <prone to forget names> <accident-prone>

Prone - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I realize that the season's over. I realize that it's time for a portion of the homers to go full Jetsfan and start pretending that all is well and that BB will win the offseason Lombardi. I'm just not going to join in that sort of foolishness.

I'd love to see Hakeem Nicks on a one year prove it deal.

I'm not sure what you think there is to disagree about, with regards to the injuries. The players I said were injury prone are just that, by definition.

I realize that the season's over. I realize that it's time for a portion of the homers to go full Jetsfan and start pretending that all is well and that BB will win the offseason Lombardi. I'm just not going to join in that sort of foolishness.

I'm sorry, Moderators, how is this NOT just full-out Trolling??

Seriously, passive-aggressive much? My god.

Deus, I can call many players injury prone then. Brady is because he tore (?)a ligament in his hand, had a hernia, sprained ankles, right shoulder and acl tear. I can call welker concussion prone after this year and make a stretch for injury prone by tearing his acl. Calvin Johnson is injury prone because he has had several issues over the past couple years.

And the injuries gronk and vollmer suffered aren't these injuries that always happen. Tell me how ANYONE stops a guy from falling on your arm or leg awkwardly and bends it in an unnatural position. Or having someone hitting your knee injury prone? Because it isn't.

I love how many blow the injury prone thing out of proportion. I am agreeing to disagree with you deus.

It is getting ridiculous.

I understand the following
  • Hernandez was arrested
  • Gronkowski was injured

But, you cannot ask a QB who is at the end of his career to continue to will this team to miracle comeback after miracle comeback. Its time to break the bank and trade for Fitzgerald or someone of that ilk.

Next year's targets should be

• Larry Fitz/A Legit Deep Threat
  • Dobson
  • Edelman
  • Amendola
  • Gronkowski (for as long as he can give us)

Those are weapons. We need them to beat teams like Denver. With a healthy defense, we would roll teams.

It's not really possible to go out and get a guy like Larry Fitzgerald, so that whole point is irrelevant. There aren't many teams who can withstand the salary cap costs to pay both a franchise QB and a franchise WR the kind of money that it would cost AND still stay consistently competitive.

Actually, I can't even think of any at the moment, and we've talked about this plenty of times. There are a few teams that pay a WR good money, but nothing like a Larry Fitzgerald/franchise QB combo.

I definitely agree with you that the receiving options need to be improved. As nice as it's been going to 3 straight AFCCGs, we have walked away with nothing at all, and it's not a given that we'll return.

The reality of it is that we will be VERY lucky just to retain Edelman, and go out and get a somewhat qualified WR this year, and that isn't even bringing into account the bonus that ARZ just paid to Fitzgerald not too long ago, nor his 15 million dollar cost (or whatever it specifically is going forward).

Deus, I can call many players injury prone then. Brady is because he tore (?)a ligament in his hand, had a hernia, sprained ankles, right shoulder and acl tear. I can call welker concussion prone after this year and make a stretch for injury prone by tearing his acl. Calvin Johnson is injury prone because he has had several issues over the past couple years.

And the injuries gronk and vollmer suffered aren't these injuries that always happen. Tell me how ANYONE stops a guy from falling on your arm or leg awkwardly and bends it in an unnatural position. Or having someone hitting your knee injury prone? Because it isn't.

I love how many blow the injury prone thing out of proportion. I am agreeing to disagree with you deus.

The simple truth is that those players were known to be injury prone and BB went with a roster that relied on them anyway. You're welcome to stick your head in the sand about that very obvious reality. I'm sorry that you can't accept a definition from a dictionary, and feel the need to actively argue against the language we speak, write and read. But, that being the case, there's no sense continuing this.

I'd love to see Hakeem Nicks on a one year prove it deal.

Maybe Jeremy Maclin, since he'll likely be forced to sign a one year prove it deal due to his major injury that he's coming off of, but I don't know if Nicks will be forced to do the same.

The bottom line is that I'd be very happy with just making a good effort to bring in better talent, so I'd be good with bringing in whomever--as long as the cost was reasonable.

I also would like to keep Edelman though, so it'll be a hot topic of conversation (just like every year) for the next 3-4 months. This is a debate that will continue every single day for quite some time.

Edelman was injury prone
Hooman wasn't a receiver
Vereen was injury prone
Vollmer was injury prone

You forgot the following:

Fells wasn't a receiver
Ballard was recovering from microfracture knee surgery
DUDfeld was a rookie TE and was a DUD

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes