PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thru week 6 Amendola has only proven his critics correct…

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy was knocked unconscious by a helmet to helmet hit from a player running full steam at him. Guy was lucky to walk off the field. That hit would land 100% of the people on this forum in the hospital, so kindly GTFO his back.

You have gone way past the ridiculous point in this debate. First, have you been following current events on concussions. When you ask "how many", ask "how many were reported," because that was one of the major problems with the lack of inquiry into concussions. Welker has gotten his bell rung numerous times, if you follow the games. He just didn't come out, which may be good or bad depending on whether you care about your fantasy stats or whether he can remember how to turn a doorknob at age 40. As an aside, boxing tells us people weather head trauma differently. What one person can take has about zero to do with what happens to another. In the current system, don't count on Welker coming back into games after hits, regardless of whether he is still functional after the hit.

Second, with regard to Amendola, he didn't launch (defenders right, body moving left - I expect you would have to be pointing toward the target to launch, unless the target is the sideline as it was in this case). He is running toward the sideline (out of bounds) and away from the defenders. He turns his lead shoulder down and tucks his head into his chest. What ninja skill do you see him employing, from your apparent substantial knowledge as a professional athlete, other than falling on the field 5 yards earlier and getting the touch from defenders, that might have avoided that result? As others have pointed out, people did not like Lloyd because he fell and offered few YACs. You apparently prefer the flop, so we will duly inform Patriots receiver coaches of your preference, and desire to mentor these professional athletes on the "Brady6 Ninja receiver" system in which you move through and around defenders like the wind without injury or adverse results. Good grief.

No offense man but you did nothing more than throw 308 words together here and generate BS response filled with nothing but excuse, which you then made a power play using words like ridiculous and good grief in an effort to insinuate that it is factual and not just a bunch of BS.

At the end of the day you’re the one sitting arguing against my position that Danny Amendola has done nothing to prove his critics wrong this season, Danny Amendola and his:

• 3 games played in 6 weeks
  • 16/27 = 59% reception rate
  • 159 receiving yards
  • 9.9 yards per reception
  • 0 touchdowns

I am the ridiculous one here though? Big picture pal, my OP said “Thru week 6 Amendola has only proven his critics correct…” can you give me 1 legitimate fact to dispute what my OP title says? 1 thing that Amendola has done over the first 6 weeks of the NFL season to discredit what his critics said about him when he was signed? If you can give me 1 thing I will PM Ian and ask him to shut this thread down and I will open a thread titled “Brady6 is an idiot”.

Touchdown Tony Simmons would have known to get out of bounds and prevent injury. Of course he was extra injury conscious and would get out of bounds short of the marker before the defenders got there, just in case.

He was just ahead of his time. If only we knew...

This thread is like talking calculus with a second grader. My first ever use of the thread ignore function.

Good call, though this is far from my first use. Great new feature, makes the site so much more manageable.

The guy was knocked unconscious by a helmet to helmet hit from a player running full steam at him. Guy was lucky to walk off the field. That hit would land 100% of the people on this forum in the hospital, so kindly GTFO his back.

It is not a question of someone being able to take the hit it is about being a smart enough football player not to put yourself in the position to take that hit.

No offense man but you did nothing more than throw 308 words together here and generate BS response filled with nothing but excuse, which you then made a power play using words like ridiculous and good grief in an effort to insinuate that it is factual and not just a bunch of BS.

At the end of the day you’re the one sitting arguing against my position that Danny Amendola has done nothing to prove his critics wrong this season, Danny Amendola and his:

• 3 games played in 6 weeks
  • 16/27 = 59% reception rate
  • 159 receiving yards
  • 9.9 yards per reception
  • 0 touchdowns

I am the ridiculous one here though? Big picture pal, my OP said “Thru week 6 Amendola has only proven his critics correct…” can you give me 1 legitimate fact to dispute what my OP title says? 1 thing that Amendola has done over the first 6 weeks of the NFL season to discredit what his critics said about him when he was signed? If you can give me 1 thing I will PM Ian and ask him to shut this thread down and I will open a thread titled “Brady6 is an idiot”.

I love how the haters refuse to acknowledge any responsibility on Amendola for his injury history. Yesterday was a nasty hit, we can all agree that most folks taking a hit like that will be concussed and will miss time...but avoiding hits like this is what keeps Welker, and most slot receivers playing the game longer. I mean, I am not faulting DA for trying to get the first down here as some people are suggesting, what I am saying is that if he uses his brain more, he would have realized that Welker and others like Welker realize their significance in the offense...They know when to go to teh ground, they know when to run out of bounds, and they know when to try to absorb a hit and when not too and this is an area that Amendola falls short. I am not sure how anyone in their right mind can dispute this. Putting yesterdays Amendola injury aside(As the video is very subjective), look at all his past injuries. He gives you 110% and that is a good thing, but his body can't sustain it. He isn't made of glass like people think, he is actually very tough and a great route runner...but the man will continue to get injured if he doesn't play smarter football and that is my only point. Cheap shots aside(as we have all seen them), most successful NFL slot receivers know when to go down...DA doesn't. Or at least doesn't appear to.

Nah, this one is sufficient.

Let me translate your response here – YAY I just need to say something but I actually don’t have anything of validity to say so I will make a stupid comment and everyone else will think I am smart… such an overplayed move in this forum, such a weak play that illustrates a really simple mentality.

Have to say Brady 6, I admire your courage in making these threads. At least you have the balls to be steadfast in your opinion.

I didn't know it took balls to be an idiot, just stupidity. This thread is a disgrace. Amendola is playing with a serious injury and he gets trashed for taking a helmet to helmet hit that knocks him out. You have to be a complete moron to try to blame that on Amendola in any way.

He was just ahead of his time. If only we knew...

Good call, though this is far from my first use. Great new feature, makes the site so much more manageable.

Luckily I saved this to my clipboard...

Let me translate your response here – YAY I just need to say something but I actually don’t have anything of validity to say so I will make a stupid comment and everyone else will think I am smart… such an overplayed move in this forum, such a weak play that illustrates a really simple mentality.

Am I the only person on this forum that saw the Saints defender lead with his shoulder pad?

To those calling for Amendola's release-Stick to Madden, you don't know anything about real football.

At least this thread demonstrates the kind of people who left that game or turned it off yesterday, and say what you want about Amendola, he isn't a quitter, you people are.

Am I the only person on this forum that saw the Saints defender lead with his shoulder pad?

I think he led with the shoulder pad but there is no doubt he ended up hitting him with his helmet. I'm not saying it was intentional but it was definitely the reason Amendola was knocked out.

I didn't know it took balls to be an idiot, just stupidity. This thread is a disgrace. Amendola is playing with a serious injury and he gets trashed for taking a helmet to helmet hit that knocks him out. You have to be a complete moron to try to blame that on Amendola in any way.

Yet another fail by Ivan – let me ask you a question do you ever post actualities or do you just think by typing words like stupid, idiotic or some other demeaning word that your actually sound like you know what you’re talking about, because sincerely buddy you just sound like a 5th grader who’s mom told him his friend was a bad influence, you ignore everything and anything that is actually in play and just rattle off insults like in some ill faded attempt to sound superior in here, it is so overplayed you should hit up the library for some books on football because you’ve been taking the fake it till you make it approach to being a poster in here since July 2011 and trust me everyone has figured it out by now. Time for a change buddy!!

May I recommend that change not include using insulting words in conjunction with my name or my posts? Grow up little boy!

To those calling for Amendola's release-Stick to Madden, you don't know anything about real football.

At least this thread demonstrates the kind of people who left that game or turned it off yesterday, and say what you want about Amendola, he isn't a quitter, you people are.

Ah, people with differing opinions either:

-know nothing about football
-turned off the game
-are 2nd graders

Elitist internet posters ftw

No, to be fair to Brady6, firstly he's prepared to have an opinion and defend it and secondly he'll try to back up his opinion with facts. I think he's wrong on this thread and doubled down far too much but I can at least respect his attempts to support his theory.

Just like I did you in the Tebow days :)

I see it like this.

There wasn't much he could to defend this hit, that's football. However, these players are seen as "assets" to the team, very expensive investments. I like this kid and I'd never question his toughness and willingness to be on the field, but it sucks. He just has such bad luck with injuries. Football is a cutthroat sport and you are paid to play, either way.

In my field, when investments to pan out, you cut them to save money. Hopefully, he's not too banged up and gets on track. I don't think he'll ever be Welker but he can be very effective when healthy.

I'd imagine brady6 has been the most added name to ignore user lists over the last month.

Amendola isn't the problem, the problem is the negativity of the fans posting in this thread taking shots at him, They are ******s.

Thank god all of them missed the end of that game, people like them don't deserve to enjoy a win like that.

Sorry, I've never known how to counter the "I'm rubber, you're invalid...." response.

:bricks::wha::ugh::suspicious::jaw:

Well currently he projects the following:

8 games played (all at less than 100% of course)
42 receptions
424 receiving yards
0 touchdowns,

Hmmm you think that we should spend $5 mil on this again next year? You’re not in the finance industry right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back