PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

throwback uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
pats1 said:
But the era doesn't even compare to our latest success.
Of course not...but many think the 75 team was one of the best...go with the throwbacks...

uniforms

one 'old' uniform i loved a lot was the Houston Oilers one...
pity that they are not existing anymore under the same name and the same logo (that went with the TEN Titans for how long ? 1 year or 2 years ?)

it looks we will play with the silver ones (3rd) against Houston - does it means, like i think, we will not not use the red throwbacks also this year ?

very very bad !

italianpatthepatriot said:
it looks we will play with the silver ones (3rd) against Houston - does it means, like i think, we will not not use the red throwbacks also this year ?

very very bad !

Yes, no red. The only alternate the Pats are scheduled to use is the silver.

finally...one allied with me...

I'm also a supporter. I'd like to see them once a year.

I do think,that it would be pretty awesome for us to wear Throwbacks against the Bears when we play them this year.Alot of history in this game as I dont think we have played them all that much since the 85"86 Superbowl.Though I may be wrong.I love the throwbacks personally.

This thread is back from the dead!

let's hope something will happens and we will play with the red uniforms against the Chicago Bears

Personally, I don't get the love for the blue shirt/blue pants combo they trotted out a few years back. It screamed XFL to me. Also, I'd love to see the throwbacks once every year or 2. Yes, it brings back some bad memories for us but I prefer to think of the great players who wore those uniforms instead. Finally, I'm one who can't stand the silver alternates. Drab and crummy looking from where I sit. A red alternate like some of the posters who are proficient with Photoshop have been throwing out looks awesome.

1976pats said:
Personally, I don't get the love for the blue shirt/blue pants combo they trotted out a few years back. It screamed XFL to me. Also, I'd love to see the throwbacks once every year or 2. Yes, it brings back some bad memories for us but I prefer to think of the great players who wore those uniforms instead. Finally, I'm one who can't stand the silver alternates. Drab and crummy looking from where I sit. A red alternate like some of the posters who are proficient with Photoshop have been throwing out looks awesome.

I had to laugh at myself -- I disagree with everything you say. The all-blue combination looks really striking and tough to me. I also really like the silver alternates and would prefer to see the old red jerseys dead and buried where they belong. All I can think of when I see them is **** McPherson and Rod Rust. Bleah!

Tunescribe said:
I had to laugh at myself -- I disagree with everything you say. The all-blue combination looks really striking and tough to me. I also really like the silver alternates and would prefer to see the old red jerseys dead and buried where they belong. All I can think of when I see them is **** McPherson and Rod Rust. Bleah!

Well, you see the olds reds and think **** McPherson & Rod Rust, I see Stingley, Francis & Vataha. I think I had actually supressed any memories of the characters from the McPherson era out of my memory-bank. Thanks for the reminder.

Blue on Blue = yuck.
Talk about supressing memories, did'nt we get killed both time we wore those?

last time we used the red throwbacks was a victory @ Detroit

i was very very happy to be able to see that game alive too

i still hope we use them against Chicago this year...

hope cost zero

wanna see all-silver!

last time we used the red throwbacks was a victory @ Detroit
i was very very happy to be able to see that game alive too
i still hope we use them against Chicago this year...hope cost zero
perhaps some folks don't liike the all-blue. tome, the silver jersey just looks like a dingy white, like somwthing went wrong with the washing machines.
i would like to see all-silver, tho.
i didn't like the red jerseys. pretty ambivalent about pat patriot too.
everyone knows how he was selected, right?
BUT i'd rather see pat patriot than flying elvis. elvis has no "character", i think. they could have done a better job with integrating the old uniform into the new one.
but i think our part of the country may be the old place where fans value tradition so much.
celtics jersey better stay the same. ditto redsox. they've made some minor chenges with da broons, & i think it's hideous.
these teams in newer markets change to anything they want, some every couple years. good for merchandising.

considering that the BILLS, if i'm not wrong, will use all season the 'old' helmet logo also the PATS could use Pat Patriot sometimes too regularly

the 3rd uniforms (silver) imho are horrible to say the least

the 3rd should be always the red and dressed once a year regularly

helmethistoryfe4.jpg

they need to bring 1960 back with the numbers.

Does anyone have a picture of the blue on blue?? I can't find it anywhere on the net... thanks in advance

So I love the red uniforms but don't want to go back.

Don't go back then. Bring the red unis into the future and include the past in the glory. Raise it up. Bring it forward. Include it - it's part of our legacy, and it was the foundation for what we have now. Without the past we don't even exist now.

Think of all those teams that changed unis in a spooked, vain attempt to change their fate. It's wasted effort. The effort should go into hard work and team work. That's how this team transformed the losing past into what we have now. Nobody and nothing, including uniforms can take that away.
The only way you really go back is if you are a slave to spooked beliefs.

Anything but this:

blechwh7.jpg

The older away game unis were my favorite. White shirts, red pants. Irving Fryar looked so good I was a very sexually confused 10 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News