PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

throwback uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know i love them but...do you think we will ever dress them in the future ?

it seems that also this near we will not see them and now it is a very very long time (since a now old Thksgiving game in DET) we do not use the red + pat patriot...

b a d !

i want them MINIMUM once a year regularly...

i hate also the third uniform (the silver...)
Gawd, I hope not. Think about it. Red coats are the bad guys. Pat Patriot looks like a guy squeezing out a deuce. Heck, even the attempt at a tricornered hat on a round helmet was better.

ItalianPat, how many threads have you started on this same subject? I understand you like the old unis but they were changed for the better. The old reds and squatting Pat logo conjure bad memories of an inept franchise for most folks, along with being historically inaccurate from the very beginning. (The invading British wore red, not the original Patriots.) I actually like the silver jersey, it looks awesome up close. I'd like to see them use the blue pants with the blue jersey, that looked pretty studly the couple times they tried it back in '02.

The problem with the Silver is it only looks good in person. On TV it looks like dirty white. That is why this year they'll use red alternate jerseys. Well, that and making everybody buy a new jersey.:)

.. Football isn't all about winning in my book. ...
Winning isn't everything, right Mr. Lombardi?:D

(For any that don't know the quote of Lombardi's. "Winning isn't everything; it is the only thing."

This argument is silly to me. The uniforms aren't meant as a historical representation of the actual Revolutionary War soldiers. Lions are not blue, yet no one laughs at the Detroit Lions. Red is one of the colors of the USA, and the New England Patriots, therefore a red uniform has no historical significance whatsoever.

Maybe you are right. No historical significance beyond a guy getting paralyzed, Ben Dreith, Super Bowl XX, etc.

I have always liked the red throwbacks...THAT was an era of some good football for the Patriots..the red and Pat Patriot..honoring the past like that is always good!! Even IF ONLY once a year...

Wow, talk of nostalgia goggles. The highlights of the Red Uniform: Ben Dreith, Super Bowl XX, Losing an AFL playoff game, the snowplow, and Darryl Stingley. Yes those are the highlights - I don;t want to mention Zeke Mowatt, 1-15, Irving Fryar, Michael Jackson's Victory tour, etc. If we never see throwbacks in "honor" of that era, it'll be too soon.

I do think,that it would be pretty awesome for us to wear Throwbacks against the Bears when we play them this year.Alot of history in this game as I dont think we have played them all that much since the 85"86 Superbowl.Though I may be wrong.I love the throwbacks personally.

Oh yeah, I would love reliving that game.:rolleyes:

Well, you see the olds reds and think **** McPherson & Rod Rust, I see Stingley, Francis & Vataha. I think I had actually supressed any memories of the characters from the McPherson era out of my memory-bank. Thanks for the reminder.

Yup, Stingley. Let's have a guy paralyzed each year too.:rolleyes:

last time we used the red throwbacks was a victory @ Detroit

i was very very happy to be able to see that game alive too

i still hope we use them against Chicago this year...

hope cost zero
We do not play Chicago this year unless the Bears make the Super Bowl.

According to Reiss, the silvers are here again this yr, and replaced in 09 for the 50 th anniversery...

But according to pfw in progress, last yr was it for the silvers.. who knows , we have to ask them I guess..

As a fan from 78 , need the throwbacks..

According to Reiss, the silvers are here again this yr, and replaced in 09 for the 50 th anniversery...

But according to pfw in progress, last yr was it for the silvers.. who knows , we have to ask them I guess..

this is the reason of my question and you confirm it.
i do not know if we will wear Pat Patriot and red throwbacks this year or next year

probably we will know the exact reply later this summer

i hope it will be this year as i 'need' too the throwbacks since i started to be a NE Patriot fan due to 3 things (the name of the team, the uniforms, the helmet)

since beginning '80...

Yeah I believe this is the last year we will see the Silver jerseys

Hello IPP,I like the second generation Old Pats Jerseys which were Red with no stripes.The wore white pants with Red and Blue stripes.The were worn from about 1970 until 1979.It was a great llok and it made the team look bigger.

Earlier than I thought. YAY!

I remember reading how the colors black and red both are interpreted as "meaner" by some deeper part of the brain, but red also got more flags as refs subconsciously though the guys in red were stretching the rules more.

Sorry no links, this was in the early '80s.

Hello IPP,I like the second generation Old Pats Jerseys which were Red with no stripes.The wore white pants with Red and Blue stripes.The were worn from about 1970 until 1979.It was a great llok and it made the team look bigger.

Hi my friend, i love also the white jerseys and red paints plus Pat Patriot

great look too imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes