PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

throwback uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seymour93 said:
The logo doesn't go good with the red on the sleeves. Your shade of red, however, is darker than Michigan Dave's layout's. Maybe if you could use Dave's shade of red, take out the silver of the helmet and make it white, and also fix the blue and white stripe on the sleeve just above the logo, it would look mint.

Here: :p

branch1ny.png

pats1 said:

that's better... but still

Maybe it's Photoshop or maybe it just looks worse in action.

Seymour93 said:
that's better... but still

Maybe it's Photoshop or maybe it just looks worse in action.

Exactly. It's too many colors. That's why the Pats need to stick with mainly blue with silver and red accents.

Wow, I always imagined that I would LOVE a red jersey with blue pants (as opposed to the mockups with red top & white or silver pants) but now seeing it in action (no offence to the artist!) bleeeeeeeeeeech. Looks like the Bills uniform. No thanks.

And please, Jebus, please... never a white helmet again. Nevah evah.

Saw football card with Plunkett and others in Blue Uni Jerseys. I knew I wasn't crazy, (you know what I mean.:p ).

Patti37 said:
I am with you. I love the topics you bring up and even if it were only for one game, I would love to see the throwback uniforms.

grazie Patti37.
i really have a passion for the red throwbacks and pat patriot.
the simply reason why i love them ?

it was the 'first love' for the colours and the name of th team that created in me a passion for a 'strange sport' , as was called here in Italy.

it was beginning '80...

i simply do not understand why once a year (not every game of course) we are not returning to the 'original' colours of our team.

THEARCHIVES said:
That looks really tight! Can we email this to Jonathon and Bob Craft somehow?

not bad imho. i like them.
but pls also put pat patriot instead flying elvis now...

denverpatsfan said:
Love the old unis. I own (2) throwbacks. Johnathan Kraft had better check with his marketing dept., because they sell quite a few throwbacks every year. If they didn't make money on them they wouldn't be in the pro-shop. It's called supply and demand.

Having a throwback uni day every few seasons would be fun. Doesn't necessarily have to be in Foxboro.

If they can wear those awful silver/dirty-white unis every season then what's the big deal.

The old unis remind me of all the fun times I had going to the games with my Dad. Win or lose it was always fun.

nice post, thks.
the 65% of my Patriots shirts are throwbacks...

and i will never stop to buy 'throwbacks' articles

anyway, as i imagined, there are a lot of us that love the 'old' colours-good !

Michigan Dave said:
Here's a concept I did that blends a little bit of the old with a the new. The option exists to wear white pants with similar striping as the old uniforms, and the current blue pants as well. I killed the silver altogether for this concept (except for in the logo) since I think it's OK to ditch for a third jersey. I like the white helmet with the flying elvis, too.

PatsConcept.jpg

not bad...compliments !
white helmet with flying elvis is really good.

RayClay said:
Agreed. A lot of great players and a lot of great efforts over the years.

I'm proud of the original franchise through the years because it took a lot of guts to keep football in New England.

Though we flopped at times, we had exceptionally good teams at times in the 60's 70's and 80's despite little money, ownership turmoil and nomadic situations not many teams could survive.:eat1:, (an applause smilie would have been nice).

correct.
ok...we were not winning Super Bowls but also in the past , at times, we were good.

what i liked also from those years is, as you correctly mentioned, some greta players and a lot of effort.

i imagine that it was very tough to keep football in NE...

overall it could be nice that EVERY team once a year could play with the thwrowbacks (are probably the Lions the only team that every year are dressing them ? - but i'm not sure)

italianpatthepatriot said:
overall it could be nice that EVERY team once a year could play with the thwrowbacks (are probably the Lions the only team that every year are dressing them ? - but i'm not sure)

Even the Lions ditched them for the black jerseys.

Re: as parcells said,....

ilduce06410 said:
when patriots first went to "kraft blue", parcells noted...
Kraft blue's? The blue unis first appeared prior to the Krafts buying the team, when Orthwein was still in control.

I have always liked the red throwbacks...THAT was an era of some good football for the Patriots..the red and Pat Patriot..honoring the past like that is always good!! Even IF ONLY once a year...

Pats726 said:
I have always liked the red throwbacks...THAT was an era of some good football for the Patriots..the red and Pat Patriot..honoring the past like that is always good!! Even IF ONLY once a year...

i feel TOTALLY the same...
ONLY once a year...
but...every year if possible

it was amazing to see for me Bruschi, Mc Ginest, Brady @ DET with the red uniforms and Pat Patriot some years ago...

and, again, very correct...we had also some good football with those colours...and they were always our loved New England Patriots: so honoring the past is always good also for the 'old' players that are now seeing the best NFL team in the last years

i feel TOTALLY the same...
ONLY once a year...
but...every year if possible

it was amazing to see for me Bruschi, Mc Ginest, Brady @ DET with the red uniforms and Pat Patriot some years ago...

and, again, very correct...we had also some good football with those colours...and they were always our loved New England Patriots: so honoring the past is always good also for the 'old' players that are now seeing the best NFL team in the last years
italianpat, I'm still not clear on this. Do you like the throwback uniforms? If so, you should voice that opinion.:rolleyes:

Patjew said:
italianpat, I'm still not clear on this. Do you like the throwback uniforms? If so, you should voice that opinion.:rolleyes:

ok...i have understood...

Pats726 said:

But the era doesn't even compare to our latest success.

Last edited:
ok...i have understood...
I was just making a joke. I love your posts and topics.

Patjew said:
I was just making a joke. I love your posts and topics.

of course i understood you was joking, Patjew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back