PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Things Brady should say in his first/next PSIgate press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I'm not just being casual here. Each item is inserted very deliberately because I think they would have good chances of being picked up by the media, and because they address questions in the media's/public's minds.
  • I'm completely innocent.
  • I believe everybody else in the Patriots' organization is completely innocent too.
  • It is difficult for me to respond to some parts of the subject, because I've never been told how the scheme I allegedly participated in worked, and I also haven't been able to guess. For example, I gather that supposedly Bird McNally was involved, and that supposedly it happened both at home and on the road; nobody's ever explained how that makes sense when he doesn't even travel with the team.
  • I don't think the outcome is just. Justice would not be served unless the people who truly have harmed the league in this process were punished themselves.
  • However, it's best to move on. I need to focus on football, and it will be a joy to do so. That's what I'm all about.
  • I think my lawyers did great work. Kessler and the rest of the team were awesome. In particular, I think people have been too hard on Yee. His advice to me assumed that the league was operating in good faith, and if that assumption were correct, his advice would have turned out to be good.
  • My family has been awesome in their support. I don't know what I would have done without them. I love them so much.

My attorneys (in the 100 million defamation suit I have filed against the NFL*) have instructed me to not speak to the press, so I'm just here so I won't get fined.

My attorneys (in the 100 million defamation suit I have filed against the NFL*) have instructed me to not speak to the press, so I'm just here so I won't get fined.

Nice and funny, but I think he should duck questions about a defamation suit.

That's certainly an option, because I certainly feel I was defamed, and besides the unpleasantness for me and my family I am told this may also have cost me a great deal of money.

But right now I'm focusing on football. If my attorneys have any news for you on the defamation side, it probably won't be until after the season.

I think my lawyers did great work. Kessler and the rest of the team were awesome. In particular, I think people have been too hard on Yee. His advice to me assumed that the league was operating in good faith, and if that assumption were correct, his advice would have turned out to be good.

I think Yee assumed the league was not operating in good faith. Which turned out to be true.

Or am I interpreting that incorrectly?

I'd re-enact the scene from Tango & Cash where Kurt Russell stands up in the court room and yells "This ****in' sucks!" to a boisterous round of applause.

If Brady held a press conference he should just sit there and just let the Donald do the Talking for him man it be hillarious I have to say if he was the owner he would of never rolled over to Goodell.
In no way shape or form am i implying that he would of made the wise business decisions Kraft has such as hiring BB and Caserio.

If he was certainly going to address the situation, I think he needs to start at the beginning.

I woke up Monday morning and did my usual spot on the radio. I was told that we were being investigated to under inflated football, to which i responded, "Now I've heard it all. See, part of be a Patriot is we get accused of alot of things. You can say it comes with the territory."

Fast forward to Mort's tweet about the 11 of 12 balls being 2 pounds under the minimum. This caused quite a bit of stir because it certainly seemed alarming and we were all scrambling around to find out what was going on and if/how this happened. The only thing I knew, nobody was doctoring the footballs.

So, when I came to that press conference, I had no idea how all of this had happened. We hadn't discussed the science of it (IGL) and had no information outside of Mortenson's tweet. I walking into that press conference after BB and the hositility was palpable. I'm kind of a low key guy and while I've comfortable in front of the media, this was a difference experience all together. People didn't want to get answer to their questions, it was open season and they wanted to know why I did what I actually didn't do. So, was i nervous? Yeah, more nervous than even my first game as a football player.

Someone asked me if I was a cheater. I responded by saying, "I don't think so.". At that time, I was shocked and I didn't have any answers myself.

....I'm sure his PR people can do much better.

Just say "It's no big deal I'm sure we'll get this resolved. It's nothing to cry about." And then be done with it.

Why would he hold a press conference about this?

If he doesn't address DefameGate questions in a press availability, he'll be hounded by questions about it literally for the rest of his career. Of COURSE he has to address them.

I think Yee assumed the league was not operating in good faith. Which turned out to be true.

Or am I interpreting that incorrectly?

Well, you've shown that I worded that one badly. ;)

But I don't think Brady's side anticipated that he'd be punished severely for not doing something he in fact wasn't obligated to do.

Some reporter that has slammed Brady throughout this whole thing asks a question

Brady: "You should probably ask the nfl that one because some of you guys only want to write their narrative"

No. A higher road than that.

Insult the league. Say that he doesn't know how to answer a question because it seems to depend on premises he doesn't agree with, or refuse to answer a question because he just answered it before. Give honest answers to "How do you feel about X?" questions, even if they're very negative. :)

But don't insult the press gratuitously, even the ones who clearly deserve it.

If he was certainly going to address the situation, I think he needs to start at the beginning.

I woke up Monday morning and did my usual spot on the radio. I was told that we were being investigated to under inflated football, to which i responded, "Now I've heard it all. See, part of be a Patriot is we get accused of alot of things. You can say it comes with the territory."

Fast forward to Mort's tweet about the 11 of 12 balls being 2 pounds under the minimum. This caused quite a bit of stir because it certainly seemed alarming and we were all scrambling around to find out what was going on and if/how this happened. The only thing I knew, nobody was doctoring the footballs.

So, when I came to that press conference, I had no idea how all of this had happened. We hadn't discussed the science of it (IGL) and had no information outside of Mortenson's tweet. I walking into that press conference after BB and the hositility was palpable. I'm kind of a low key guy and while I've comfortable in front of the media, this was a difference experience all together. People didn't want to get answer to their questions, it was open season and they wanted to know why I did what I actually didn't do. So, was i nervous? Yeah, more nervous than even my first game as a football player.

Someone asked me if I was a cheater. I responded by saying, "I don't think so.". At that time, I was shocked and I didn't have any answers myself.

....I'm sure his PR people can do much better.

Good point by you. Good points for him to make when a relevant question arises (and it will).

If Brady held a press conference he should just sit there and just let the Donald do the Talking for him man it be hillarious I have to say if he was the owner he would of never rolled over to Goodell.
In no way shape or form am i implying that he would of made the wise business decisions Kraft has such as hiring BB and Caserio.
Good, because he would not have.

I don't think he should engage with the press on this at all. There's nothing in it for him to do so. I mean, like it really helped him last time, didn't it? :rolleyes:

When the Court issues its ruling, I think he should just release a statement through Kessler, Yee and his other advisers.

If the Court finds in his favor, he should thank the Court and Judge Berman by name. Say something about how he was confident all along that he would be vindicated. Perhaps express concern that no other player have to go through what he went through. Thank his family, friends, supporters and the fans who stood by him (especially the guy who was ten feet away from him and shouted "One more for the thumb, Tommy" as he got into his vehicle after his appearance in court on August 12th--just kidding...that was me. :)). Then he should refer all other questions to Kessler, the NFLPA, Yee or the Team and say he will have no other comment and then state some version of "I'm on to Pittsburgh."

If the Court finds against him, he should issue a statement in which he regrets the decision of the Court, but thanks the Court for its time and consideration. He should then say how disappointed he is and that he will be pursuing all available legal options and refer all other questions to Kessler, the NFLPA, Yee or the Team and conclude by thanking the fans and all those who supported him and say that he will have no other comment until the legal process is completed.

I don't think he should engage with the press on this at all. There's nothing in it for him to do so. I mean, like it really helped him last time, didn't it? :rolleyes:

When the Court issues its ruling, I think he should just release a statement through Kessler, Yee and his other advisers.

If the Court finds in his favor, he should thank the Court and Judge Berman by name. Say something about how he was confident all along that he would be vindicated. Perhaps express concern that no other player have to go through what he went through. Thank his family, friends, supporters and the fans who stood by him (especially the guy who was ten feet away from him and shouted "One more for the thumb, Tommy" as he got into his vehicle after his appearance in court on August 12th--just kidding...that was me. :)). Then he should refer all other questions to Kessler, the NFLPA, Yee or the Team and say he will have no other comment and then state some version of "I'm on to Pittsburgh."

If the Court finds against him, he should issue a statement in which he regrets the decision of the Court, but thanks the Court for its time and consideration. He should then say how disappointed he is and that he will be pursuing all available legal options and refer all other questions to Kessler, the NFLPA, Yee or the Team and conclude by thanking the fans and all those who supported him and say that he will have no other comment until the legal process is completed.

That would be a great way to get people to think:

1. He's guilty.
2. It's probably correct that he got off on a technicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back