PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The use of the term 'We' from ANY football fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, speech and expression have nothing to do with it. You could have argued association (and lost under modern jurisprudence), but there's no right to associate with a non-existent group, because the group is non-existent.

The problem is that your perception of the "group" is flawed.

You have restricted it to mean "the New England Patriots company".

While the rest of us consider the group to be "the New England Patriots and fans of the New England Patriots."

When we say "we", we're referring to a collective that includes the team and everyone who wants the team to do well. Not everyone in this group has to have a specific effect on the outcome of an actual football game to consider themselves a part of this group.

And when we say "we should draft a linebacker" or "we really stunk it up", it's just an extension of that.

You have spent multiple pages of this thread repeating yourself over and over in an attempt to explain to us that we don't actually PLAY IN THE FOOTBALL GAMES, or DRAFT PLAYERS. Like none of us know?

The simple fact of the matter is that this group exists whether you like it or not. We are posting on an internet forum with thousands of members that proves this fact. Close your eyes as much as you want, and die a little bit inside every time someone says "WE WON! WE WON!"

But it will never go away.

You are nothing but a watcher and purchaser. Those involved in the business, from the owners to the players and media, milk you for every dollar they can. They don't do that because you're a part of the team. They do that because you are the consumer. You can keep claiming to be part of an imaginary "we" all you want. That "we" doesn't exist. When the Red Sox won the World Series, 'Bob' from Plainfield, Connecticut didn't win it too. When the Patriots won the Super Bowl, I didn't win it despite my investment of time and money. I was just a fan.

Wake up Deus. when I played football in high school and we beat our rivals, any student from my school would say "We beat them" and that was correct. The team represents the school and we all win.

You can debate me all you want, but you'll be wrong. If it bothers you, too bad. the fans of a sports team are part of the collective "we". You are not only debating me, but you're debating 99.9% of all sports fans who refer to their team as we. You do understand that, don't you?

Wake up Deus. when I played football in high school and we beat our rivals, any student from my school would say "We beat them" and that was correct.

Actually one time after a high school football game, we were in assembly the next morning and our principal said "We did it! We beat Holy Trinity!"

And I ran up to the front of the auditorium and I kicked that ****er in the face, because I was on that team and he wasn't. I mean he's like 40 he's not even eligible.

Last edited:
Deus, it IS the "NEW ENGLAND" Patriots, right? And we LIVE in NEW ENGLAND, right? And we FOLLOW and PAY for the team, right? So HOW does that not make it OUR team? Boston is MY city, I live here, I pay taxes to the city/state, so that does make it part mine, right? So why then if the Red Sox are BOSTON'S team it's not also part MY team, since I live in Boston and root for Boston's team.

Anyways, whens the last time Mumbles Menino organized a parade through Boston for Sony?

While the rest of us consider the group to be "the New England Patriots and fans of the New England Patriots."

When we say "we", we're referring to a collective that includes the team and everyone who wants the team to do well. Not everyone in this group has to have a specific effect on the outcome of an actual football game to consider themselves a part of this group.

And when we say "we should draft a linebacker" or "we really stunk it up", it's just an extension of that.

You have spent multiple pages of this thread repeating yourself over and over in an attempt to explain to us that we don't actually PLAY IN THE FOOTBALL GAMES, or DRAFT PLAYERS. Like none of us know?

The simple fact of the matter is that this group exists whether you like it or not. We are posting on an internet forum with thousands of members that proves this fact. Close your eyes as much as you want, and die a little bit inside every time someone says "WE WON! WE WON!"

Hell, I hope it bothers him more than ever from now on!:rolleyes:

Actually one time after a high school football game, we were in assembly the next morning and our principal said "We did it! We beat Holy Trinity!"

And I ran up to the front of the auditorium and I kicked that fudder in the face, because I was on that team and he wasn't. I mean he's like 40 he's not even eligible.

You are one sarcastic SOB! Probably why I like you;)

P.S. go back and edit your bad word before...well, you know!;)

Last edited:

My perception is not flawed. If you know you don't play in the games, etc..., you know you aren't part of the team. It's nice that you can now admit at least that much. You can keep spouting nonsense like "WE WON!" but you didn't win a damned thing, and that's the point. Now you just need to realize that "we" didn't win or lose, and you'll have finally figured it out.

Now, go back and read what the O.P. actually asked of people and maybe you'll be able to get a handle on what's been talked about. The question was: "Does the use of 'We' as a fan irritate you just a bit when you read a post saying 'WE' should have done this,or do you think 'WE is acceptible?"

In other words, the O.P was asking whether people shouting "WE WON" was irritating, not whether or not people did it. That part is already known.

Deus, it IS the "NEW ENGLAND" Patriots, right? And we LIVE in NEW ENGLAND, right? And we FOLLOW and PAY for the team, right? So HOW does that not make it OUR team? Boston is MY city, I live here, I pay taxes to the city/state, so that does make it part mine, right? So why then if the Red Sox are BOSTON'S team it's not also part MY team, since I live in Boston and root for Boston's team.

Anyways, whens the last time Mumbles Menino organized a parade through Boston for Sony?

What is it with you people that you have to defend a non-existent connection with such vehemence? Is your self worth that firmly tied to the success and/or failure of a sports team that you can't bear to face the reality that you aren't a part of that team? You're not a member of the New England Patriots unless you are a member of the New England Patriots. This is simple common sense.

Last edited:
My perception is not flawed. If you know you don't play in the games, etc..., you know you aren't part of the team. It's nice that you can now admit at least that much.

You should have just said "I haven't actually read any of your posts, I just respond by repeating myself over and over."

Because if you had, you would have noticed a trend:

Deus, do you really believe that people are insisting or implying they are "part of" or "responsible" for the success or failures of the team?

Really? I mean... really?

Intelligence has a lot to do with the issue at hand, considering that you are still attempting to explain that most people posting here do not actually get paid millions of dollars to catch footballs and tackle other dudes.

Like I said... Really?

There. I gave you another chance to catch up.

Now you just need to realize that "we" didn't win or lose, and you'll have finally figured it out.

Do you have any idea what you sound like?

"The toll will be $2"

"ok here's $2"

"I said, the toll will be $2, sir"

"ok i am holding out $2, please take it from my hand so i can move"

"I SAID, THE TOLL, WILL BE, $2. SIR!"

:rofl:

Last edited:
My perception is not flawed. If you know you don't play in the games, etc..., you know you aren't part of the team. It's nice that you can now admit at least that much. You can keep spouting nonsense like "WE WON!" but you didn't win a damned thing, and that's the point. Now you just need to realize that "we" didn't win or lose, and you'll have finally figured it out.

Now, go back and read what the O.P. actually asked of people and maybe you'll be able to get a handle on what's been talked about. The question was: "Does the use of 'We' as a fan irritate you just a bit when you read a post saying 'WE' should have done this,or do you think 'WE is acceptible?"

In other words, the O.P was asking whether people shouting "WE WON" was irritating, not whether or not people did it. That part is already known.

Every single fan of a sports team says "We won". So go change the entire sports fan culture. Otherwise give in to the reality of it.

You know, I REALLY like the analogy of rooting for a High School/College team. Dues, you agree that your High School basketball team is YOUR high school's team? If you attend that High School, the team is FOR you, thus it is part Yours. You pay to attend the school, and that team comes with the school.

How is that any different from the Patriots organization? It is the NEW ENGLAND Patriots. It is NEW ENGLAND'S team. I "attend" New England, thus it is FOR me.

Anyways, whens the last time you heard Kraft talk about the Patriots as purely a moneymaking business? Every time I hear Kraft talk, he states that it is important for an owner to NOT be in it for the money. He has specifically said this is NEW ENGLAND'S team, it is FOR THE FANS, and his job as the Owner is to put the best product out on the field FOR US.

I mean, hell, even Bob Kraft doesn't agree with you.

You should have just said "I haven't actually read any of your posts, I just respond by repeating myself over and over."

Because if you had, you would have noticed a trend:

There. I gave you another chance to catch up.

Do you have any idea what you sound like?

"The toll will be $2"

"ok here's $2"

"I said, the toll will be $2, sir"

"ok i am holding out $2, please take it from my hand so i can move"

"I SAID, THE TOLL, WILL BE, $2. SIR!"

I read your posts, and I responded to them. Now, will you go back and try pretending I was talking about intelligence again, or will you just continue claiming that it was me not reading your posts and not the other way around?

You know, I REALLY like the analogy of rooting for a High School/College team. Dues, you agree that your High School basketball team is YOUR high school's team? If you attend that High School, the team is FOR you, thus it is part Yours. You pay to attend the school, and that team comes with the school.

How is that any different from the Patriots organization? It is the NEW ENGLAND Patriots. It is NEW ENGLAND'S team. I "attend" New England, thus it is FOR me.

Anyways, whens the last time you heard Kraft talk about the Patriots as purely a moneymaking business? Every time I hear Kraft talk, he states that it is important for an owner to NOT be in it for the money. He has specifically said this is NEW ENGLAND'S team, it is FOR THE FANS, and his job as the Owner is to put the best product out on the field FOR US.

I mean, hell, even Bob Kraft doesn't agree with you.

Bob Kraft is trying to make money. Telling you it's not about the money doesn't make it true.

I read your posts, and I responded to them. Now, will you go back and try pretending I was talking about intelligence again, or will you just continue claiming that it was me not reading your posts and not the other way around?

I'm going to get out of your way so you can go back to insisting that everyone who says "we" and "our" believes they kicked the game winning field goal on ESPN.

Every single fan of a sports team says "We won". So go change the entire sports fan culture. Otherwise give in to the reality of it.

No, every single fan of a sports team does not say that. That's been the whole point, actually.

Brotha, you need to consider that fact it is you, not the rest of us. You can't make color copies of black & white pictures...yes, it is YOU not us who doesn't get it.

Did you read this?

It's not a non-existent right, it is an "Inherent" right when you are a fan of any team. You ARE part of that we whether you like it or not. this isn't debateable Deus, if you're a Patriots fan, you are part of "US" and the Patriots are OUR team. Collective possessiveness implies "We"

Get it now?

Now, if you want to say it bothers you when some people say "I'm just taking one game at a time" like they are players and don't want to discuss a game 3 weeks down the road because it may hurt OUR chance at victory...they you're right. That attitude is both ridiculous and stupid.

If you were talking about the part I put in bold, then I would agree with you 100%.

Last edited:
You do realize Kraft has been a Patriot's fan since he was a kid? He considered the Patriot's OUR team long before he became the owner. And No, I don't think Kraft bought the Patriots just to make money. He was very wealthy before he bought the Patriots and he has always said he isn't in it for the money, so why shouldn't I believe him?

Brotha, you need to consider that fact it is you, not the rest of us.

No. He is right.

YOU DONT PLAY FOR THE PATRIOTS

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME

SERIOUSLY HOW DUMB ARE UUU

No. He is right.

YOU DONT PLAY FOR THE PATRIOTS

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME

SERIOUSLY HOW DUMB ARE UUU

I give up, how dumb am I?

How many levels of dumb are there? Cause I'm pretty dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft