Welcome to PatsFans.com

The positives this year

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTS-80, Aug 7, 2006.

1. PATRIOTS-80

PATRIOTS-80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Seymour is locked up!!!! That was huge. Light and Koppen are back!!!!! Again huge. RODNEY'S BACK. That very HUGE. Plus, we had a great draft, our injuries from last year are starting to be healed, and we have an easier schedule this year from last year.

KICKOFF 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

Another positive that I saw at TC. The defense is not sitting back like they were under Mangini. Even though they are going at only half spped most of the time, the defense looks much more agressive and much less passive.
  3. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -1

Thanks, Ochmed, that well could be the key to the year on Defense rather than any one individual player....
  4. flutie2phelan

flutie2phelan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Right you are!
    That Ochmed has a pretty smart pair of eyes.
  5. Ichiro

Ichiro Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Positives:
    Depth at RB: Most teams with good running attacks have two RB's (Denver, Pitt, Carolina). BB saw this coming and did something about it. Drafting Maroney and at the same time blocking Indy from getting him was genius.

Depth at TE: Another league-wide trend is having multiple TE's sets. Graham, Watson and Thomas offer different skill sets.

Dean Pees at Defensive Coordinator: Even though he is now a head coach, I always felt Mangini was never a leader on defense. Yes, he called the plays, taught the schemes, but not a leader. Pees offers a more fiery approach, something that the younger players need.

Another year of experience for Josh McDaniels: I know Belichick loves to promote from within, but it must of been a huge transition to be a 27 year old coordinator last year. Unlike Mangini, I think McDaniels has what it takes as a coach and his play calling will be better.