PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Play to Run for Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI all the hysterics, #12 has completed 100% of 3rd and 4th down conversions of a yard or less 46 times I believe since 2001...

Tebow will probably be listed as the emergency qb... that is about it.

Brady throws the ball, Chief.

Outstanding use of a Jaws Reference to make a strong, crushing Point!! :D 20 Points!! :rocker:

601px-Jaws-Harpoon-2.jpg

They might be looking for ways to convert 3rd and 2nd/4th and 2 at the same rate we get 3rd and 1/4th and 1 at the goal line.

If you can consistently get that in this league you'll go very far.

Hey, if it works in Maden, it's got to work in real life :rolleyes:

I want them to run the Release 5 play for Tebow. Brady lines up behind center and an assistant instructs Tebow to go see Belichick and bring his playbook.

Tebow has a career rushing average of 5.0. Most teams account for a running back that has a rushing average of 5.0.

And, while he cannot throw nearly as well as other quarterbacks, he *can* throw much better than most running backs. Since many teams have a HB option trick play, if Tebow gets the ball in the backfield it at least means that other teams have to *consider* the fact that he can throw it to a guy that's downfield.

So yes, teams will account for Tebow.

I didnt see anyone worried about him while he averaged 3.2 last year.
All 11 players have to be 'accounted for' but no one is paying special attention to Tim Tebow.

If Tebow makes the roster , I think BB will experiment with 2 point conversions. That is a possibility of him getting on the field and playing to one of Tebow's strengths and It does not affect Brady being on the field at all as he wouldn't be on the field anyway .

It's the type of innovation BB loves .

Yes! Forget Gost! Tim Tebow can be Mr. Two Points from here on out. If Tebow can learn to convert better than 50% of the time, it will be a massive success and a real benefit to our team

I didnt see anyone worried about him while he averaged 3.2 last year.
All 11 players have to be 'accounted for' but no one is paying special attention to Tim Tebow.

Maybe the reason he only averaged 3.2 ypc is because teams game-planned for him. Or because the Jets just really do suck that bad.

I'll take "Jets just suck" for $500 ,Alex....

Maybe the reason he only averaged 3.2 ypc is because teams game-planned for him. Or because the Jets just really do suck that bad.

Teams game planned for his 2 carries a game?
Wow, there is just no need for reason in your thought process is there?

Short yardage situation (preferably within the 5 yard line). Brady in the shotgun, Tebow next to him as a RB in shotgun formation. The Pats obviously do this all the time anyway, even with Hernandez. You've got Gronk and Hernandez at TE and Amendola split wide. We know Tebow is terrific on taking those handoffs and pounding ahead for a handful of yards. So they can go direct snap to him. They can use him to block for Brady. They can snap to Brady, fake the handoff to Tebow, and hit Gronk or Hernandez. Or then can direct snap to Tebow and he hits Gronk (a huge target that even Tebow might have a hard time missing) for a short TD.

:D:D:D
Bradys thirsty, they hand the water bottle off to TTebow who races out between plays to make sure TB is hydrated.

Teams game planned for his 2 carries a game?
Wow, there is just no need for reason in your thought process is there?

I was going to explain this to you, but then I thought...it's AndyJohnson.... so why bother....

This board has now officially become the "them" we laugh at from afar..

This is the fifth Tebow thread running concurrently, did Kafka ever even get a thread of his own???

This guy, at best, is a third string emergency quarterback, he may develop.. but the odds of that happening are slim bordering on none.

Folks who expect some kind of instant offense from him or change of pace are terrifically naive about how things are done here..

Training Camp should become a real circus..

I wouldn't mind Tebow on running plays so much, but any play (outside of a gadget play, which the defense would easily be able to dianose pre-snap most of the time anyway) that he's taking the ball out of Brady's hands to pass would be a horrible call by McDaniels.

I just can't think of a scenario in which I would rather have the ball (or a key component of a play) in Tebow's hands over any of the other options we have. If he has value, it is as a 3rd QB who can actually chip in on special teams or be an emergency RB/TE.

Direct snap to Tebow for a run? Rather see a direct snap to Ridley or Vereen.

Snap to Tebow, then he throws it? Good lord, accuracy is arguably MORE important on the goal line, where there's a billion guys crammed into ten square feet and your throwing windows are generally the width of the ball.

I just can't think of a scenario in which I would rather have the ball (or a key component of a play) in Tebow's hands over any of the other options we have. If he has value, it is as a 3rd QB who can actually chip in on special teams or be an emergency RB/TE.

Direct snap to Tebow for a run? Rather see a direct snap to Ridley or Vereen.

Snap to Tebow, then he throws it? Good lord, accuracy is arguably MORE important on the goal line, where there's a billion guys crammed into ten square feet and your throwing windows are generally the width of the ball.

Here is one: 2 point plays
sure Brady woud still be better but you can't expose Brady like that going for 2 point plays were you rush it 75% of the time .

Going for 2 points every time is the type of innovation and shift in NFL strategy that BB is known for . Who knows , it's a thought anyway

This board has now officially become the "them" we laugh at from afar..

This is the fifth Tebow thread running concurrently, did Kafka ever even get a thread of his own???

This guy, at best, is a third string emergency quarterback, he may develop.. but the odds of that happening are slim bordering on none.

Folks who expect some kind of instant offense from him or change of pace are terrifically naive about how things are done here..

Training Camp should become a real circus..

Of course it will. I thought it was hilarious how people acted like it wasn't going to happen because swarms of his college followers (a lot of whom were not Gator fans before he came along, mind you) as well as media didn't pour onto the forum within 24 hours of the signing. Look at the forum. Six of the first seven threads are about Tebow. Look at NFL.com. One of the first reports is about Tebow greeting the media. Another report down the page is DeSean Jackson's thoughts about whether or not he can be a successful NFL quarterback. ESPN has one report on Tebow joining the Pats, but it's buried thanks to the Heat getting smoked last night and the Stanley Cup. I'm sure they'll be all over Tebow come TC. All this, for a third string quarterback who might not even see the field...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News