PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Play to Run for Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to explain this to you, but then I thought...it's AndyJohnson.... so why bother....
No, you thought you just treid to argue that teams gameplanned for Tim Tebow running twice a game and taking what 100 snaps all year, and you realized yuo had no answer so you posted that instead.
Feel free to explain away how Jets opponents spent the week gameplanning for Tim Tebow. It should be a fun read.

No, you thought you just treid to argue that teams gameplanned for Tim Tebow running twice a game and taking what 100 snaps all year, and you realized yuo had no answer so you posted that instead.
Feel free to explain away how Jets opponents spent the week gameplanning for Tim Tebow. It should be a fun read.

No, I didn't want to get too into it because you can be a real pain in the ass. But since you asked... Let's recap the conversation. Someone said that nobody needs to account for Tim Tebow and I mentioned that for his career, he has a 5.0 ypc average, which is really good. So yes, teams need to account for him. You then chimed in that last year he only ran for 3.2 yards per carry, so why would anyone need to account for him if he only produced that. In response to that, I suggested two possibilities: (1) teams were paying attention to him (I used the term "game-planned" meaning not that the entire defensive scheme was designed to stop him, but rather that they perhaps paid special attention to situations when he would be in), and that limited his effectiveness, or (2) the Jets just really sucked that bad. Given that they couldn't run the ball or pass the ball very well last year, I'm inclined to believe that the biggest reason for Tebow's low ypc in 2012 was that the Jets just sucked that badly.

But yeah, when Tebow is in, yes, I think teams are well aware of what he can do, especially running the football, and so yes, I think that teams prepare for what he offers. Belichick, for example, game-planned for Tebow's strengths when the Pats played the Broncos in 2011.

There. Was that a fun read?

Belichick, for example, game-planned for Tebow's strengths when the Pats played the Broncos in 2011.

But that would be for any starting QB.

No, I didn't want to get too into it because you can be a real pain in the ass. But since you asked... Let's recap the conversation. Someone said that nobody needs to account for Tim Tebow and I mentioned that for his career, he has a 5.0 ypc average, which is really good. So yes, teams need to account for him. You then chimed in that last year he only ran for 3.2 yards per carry, so why would anyone need to account for him if he only produced that. In response to that, I suggested two possibilities: (1) teams were paying attention to him (I used the term "game-planned" meaning not that the entire defensive scheme was designed to stop him, but rather that they perhaps paid special attention to situations when he would be in), and that limited his effectiveness, or (2) the Jets just really sucked that bad. Given that they couldn't run the ball or pass the ball very well last year, I'm inclined to believe that the biggest reason for Tebow's low ypc in 2012 was that the Jets just sucked that badly.

But yeah, when Tebow is in, yes, I think teams are well aware of what he can do, especially running the football, and so yes, I think that teams prepare for what he offers. Belichick, for example, game-planned for Tebow's strengths when the Pats played the Broncos in 2011.

There. Was that a fun read?
There are no players on the field that teams ignore.
Tebow gets no special focus, because he just isn't good. He gets the routine amount of focus given anyone lined up in his spot.
To suggest defenses gameplaned to stop Tim Tebow last year is still ridiculous, even after you backed off.

There are no players on the field that teams ignore.
Tebow gets no special focus, because he just isn't good. He gets the routine amount of focus given anyone lined up in his spot.
To suggest defenses gameplaned to stop Tim Tebow last year is still ridiculous, even after you backed off.

So just so I'm clear...

Tim Tebow brings a vastly different skill set to the table than Mark Sanchez does. And you don't think teams playing the Jets spent any time during the week going through the unique stuff the Jets could run if Tebow was in the game?

The best play to run for Tebow is where he stays on the bench. Either that or he hands off the ball to a RB because there's only 5 minutes left in a 30 point blowout win.

The best Play to Run for Tim Tebow is having him take Gronk's spot on the point after TD team, if he can be taught to block well enough.

Oh, after we get a time machine.

Honestly, I think BB is just screwing with people's heads right now. I doubt Tebow sees a single snap if he even makes the roster.

The best Play to Run for Tim Tebow is having him take Gronk's spot on the point after TD team, if he can be taught to block well enough.

Oh, after we get a time machine.

The best play to run is something from the other team's offense for Tebow as QB of the practice squad.

Chances Tebow sees the field as a QB or gets the ball snapped to him are 0. Tebow is not fast at all so RB is out. I have never seen him catch the ball so TE is out. The reason he averaged 5 yards a carry in Denver was because teams hesitated for a second not knowing if he'll throw or pass. Teams will have no such hesitation because they know he would never ever throw the ball as only Brady does that. So if the Pats are dumb enough to give him the ball, Ds will rush him like hell and he would suck.

My bet is he does not make it past preseason at best.

So just so I'm clear...

Tim Tebow brings a vastly different skill set to the table than Mark Sanchez does. And you don't think teams playing the Jets spent any time during the week going through the unique stuff the Jets could run if Tebow was in the game?

Tebow didn't play. How much time do you think teams spent preparing for his 3 plays a game?
Your argument is that he was statistically hamstrung because of the excessive game planning team focussed on him.
Game planning for a player and being aware of gimmick plays are 2 entirely different things.

Honestly, I think BB is just screwing with people's heads right now. I doubt Tebow sees a single snap if he even makes the roster.

I don't get how anyone thinks anything different, or how you think BB is screwing with anyones head.
He was brought in as a possible 3rd QB. Unless both Brady and Mallett get injured he won't see the field.
Did you think BB was screwing with people by bringing in Kafka?

This forum is full of so many idiots.

Tebow didn't play. How much time do you think teams spent preparing for his 3 plays a game?
Your argument is that he was statistically hamstrung because of the excessive game planning team focussed on him.
Game planning for a player and being aware of gimmick plays are 2 entirely different things.

I'll just go back to post #62 where I already addressed that. Pay attention to that bolded part.

Tim Tebow's best position is towel boy or maybe it is missionary, idk.

I'll just go back to post #62 where I already addressed that. Pay attention to that bolded part.
OK, so we are past the argument that his 3.2 ypc isn't an unfair stat because teams focussed their game plans on stopping his 2 carries per game.
Now you are saying it was 3.2 because the Jets sucked, while Shonn Green average 3.9, Bilal Powell 4.1 and Joe McKnight 6.0?

Woudn't it be easier to just realize what everyone else already has concuded? Tebow was awful last year.

I think Tebow has found his niche here

as a media sponge

as long as he is here, you can pretty much count on the fact that the rest of the roster will be relatively ignored......and I think BB would be OK with theat

OK, so we are past the argument that his 3.2 ypc isn't an unfair stat because teams focussed their game plans on stopping his 2 carries per game.
Now you are saying it was 3.2 because the Jets sucked, while Shonn Green average 3.9, Bilal Powell 4.1 and Joe McKnight 6.0?

Woudn't it be easier to just realize what everyone else already has concuded? Tebow was awful last year.

I'm not "now saying it was 3.2 because the Jets sucked". I offered that in my initial response to you on this.

And yes, the Jets sucked. They were 23rd in the league in rushing yards per attempt last year. Tebow wasn't as good given limited opportunity last year as he has been the entire rest of his career. That's a fair point.

I think Tebow has found his niche here

as a media sponge

as long as he is here, you can pretty much count on the fact that the rest of the roster will be relatively ignored......and I think BB would be OK with theat

That's a great observation. Although I think its already starting to die down. The fact that skip bayless only talked about him the day he was signed is a good indicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back