PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The play just then from Jadeveon Clowney deserves it's own thread.

Fair to point out he didn't get a sack though. Feather in Taylor Lewan's cap.

A tackle for loss of that caliber is just about as good as a sack. It's hard to see who was assigned to Clowney, but it could have been Lewan.

A tackle for loss of that caliber is just about as good as a sack. It's hard to see who was assigned to Clowney, but it could have been Lewan.

For a fairly uncontroversial point, that statement got some pushback. It wasn't a criticism of Clowney, it was a compliment to Lewan.

Arguably, Clowney will be the best DE Lewan will ever have to face. If he comes out of the matchup fairly well, I like his chances in the NFL.

do we already have an extra 1st round pick next year?

Nope. Surprisingly.

Damn i hope we try and get at least 1 more 1st for next year this seems like the perfect year to trade back since 25-60 are very close in value this draft. imagine going into 2014 with 3 first round picks that would be perfect

You guys forget the play before was about the worst call by refs I've ever seen. But the football gods, who wanted SC to win regardless of the human intervention by the pinstrips, gave us that classic Clowney decaptiation.
http://www.diehardsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/OBC.gif
http://i0.wp.com/guyism.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/cfb.jpg?resize=627,312

I could hear a SC fan of mine screaming from my house. . . . and he's in South Carolina. :p

Seriously, though, WTF was up with that call?

I could hear a SC fan of mine screaming from my house. . . . and he's in South Carolina. :p

Seriously, though, WTF was up with that call?

That must have been the worst call ever. After what Clowney did straight after, have to believe in the Football Gods.

so...the giants are gonna tank next year then?

I'm not sure what's more disrespectful: Clowney destroying that poor SOB five yards into the backfield or Clowney completing the most nonchalant fumble recovery I've ever seen right after the hit. :eek:

I'm not sure what's more disrespectful: Clowney destroying that poor SOB five yards into the backfield or Clowney completing the most nonchalant fumble recovery I've ever seen right after the hit. :eek:

He picked the ball up like you or I would pick a chestnut off the grass in our backyard.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back