PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The play just then from Jadeveon Clowney deserves it's own thread.

If Wilfork had come out his junior season he might have been the #1 overall pick. Instead he opted to stay for his senior season then fell to the Pats at #21, which was a trade deferred 1st round pick. :)

Imagine this team without Wilfork? Wow. Great tradeback. Could the same happen with Clowney. Who knows!

If Wilfork had come out his junior season he might have been the #1 overall pick. Instead he opted to stay for his senior season then fell to the Pats at #21, which was a trade deferred 1st round pick. :)

Imagine this team without Wilfork? Wow. Great tradeback. Could the same happen with Clowney. Who knows!

Very unlikely, but you never know. There's a risk to prospects returning. Injury, certainly, but not just that. Look at what Matt Barkley lost. There are guys like Von Miller who go back and develop their game, but there are guys who's flaws get exposed, who get double teamed, who have inconsistency issues or off-field problems, etc. It's not a given that guys like Anthony Barr or Louis Nix will improve their draft status by returning for another year, or that guys like Clowney or Stephon Tuitt will continue to rise. For Clowney, who would almost certainly have been the #1 pick this year, there's nowhere to go but down.

Very unlikely, but you never know. There's a risk to prospects returning. Injury, certainly, but not just that. Look at what Matt Barkley lost. There are guys like Von Miller who go back and develop their game, but there are guys who's flaws get exposed, who get double teamed, who have inconsistency issues or off-field problems, etc. It's not a given that guys like Anthony Barr or Louis Nix will improve their draft status by returning for another year, or that guys like Clowney or Stephon Tuitt will continue to rise. For Clowney, who would almost certainly have been the #1 pick this year, there's nowhere to go but down.

Very true. Andrew Luck is much more the exception than the rule. Speaking of Barkley, wouldnt it be funny if Arizona is sitting at 7 (again) looking for a qb (again) and staring at a USC qb (again) who stayed one year too long (again).

I wonder if Kurt Warner is available?

If I'm Clowney, I'd sue to get in the draft this year. Surely, would be the top pick. NFL says wait three years. BS. People say I could have went out of high school. I roll the judge the tape of Marcus Lattimore's injury(his teammate and friend). Rest my case.

If I'm Clowney, I'd sue to get in the draft this year. Surely, would be the top pick. NFL says wait three years. BS. People say I could have went out of high school. I roll the judge the tape of Marcus Lattimore's injury(his teammate and friend). Rest my case.

He has no ground to sue, explain why a court would rule in his favor

He has no ground to sue, explain why a court would rule in his favor

He's being discriminated against because of his age. Forced to play for no money endangering his future earnings.

How is he being forced?

He's not being allowed to be play in the NFL. He can use all of these reports claiming he'd be the number one pick this year if allowed to come out. Aaron Hernandez was only 20 when he started his career. Clowney will be the same age.

He's not being allowed to be play in the NFL. He can use all of these reports claiming he'd be the number one pick this year if allowed to come out. Aaron Hernandez was only 20 when he started his career. Clowney will be the same age.

If he wants to earn money, he could always play in Canada. There's nothing stopping him. But if he wants to earn lots of money, then he needs to make the same sacrifice that every other prospect has had to do and wait three years.

If he wants to earn money, he could always play in Canada. There's nothing stopping him. But if he wants to earn lots of money, then he needs to make the same sacrifice that every other prospect has had to do and wait three years.

What's the basis of making someone wait 3 years? Sounds kinda arbitrary to me. They will let a 20 year old in because he's 3 years out of high school. But, won't let a 21(Not Clowney) year old in because he's not mature enough? I'm confused

What's the basis of making someone wait 3 years? Sounds kinda arbitrary to me. They will let a 20 year old in because he's 3 years out of high school. But, won't let a 21(Not Clowney) year old in because he's not mature enough? I'm confused

I don't know why the original rule was set. Is it maturity or experience that originally defined the rule? All I know is that you can't start arbitrarily applying a rule because one freak of nature materialises once every generation.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back