PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats need to DESTROY the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to respect the Jets. They could beat us. They have beat us.
I think we are better but its wiser to stay humble rather than be humbles. The Jets can play.

We need to respect the Jets. They could beat us. They have beat us.
I think we are better but its wiser to stay humble rather than be humbles. The Jets can play.

Just a thought, but how we see football in N.O.

When someone breaks into your house, are you humble? or do you kick their tail:)

These guys are breaking into your house.

To be honest the Jets don't scare me at all. Their defense isn't the 2009 defense and the offense is sporadic. I respect what they're doing but have no fear of them at all. I expect it'll be a tough match that the Patriots win to reinforce their supremacy.

One thing I know for certain. The Foxboro crowd has to go mental.

No fear at all? I admire the confidence. I have some but have fear too because of our defense. The Jets have given up more than 20 points only twice this season (23 and 27). Like it or not I think it is fair to say their defense is playing very solidly. Conversely, the Patriot defense is giving up a lot of points nearly week in and week out. The troubling equation for me is: their defense probably will be able to slow us down to some degree -- while our defense won't be able to slow them down to keep pace.

In my mind this game is won or lost (obviously the wild card for both teams being turnovers/mistakes) on whether the Patriots can play their very best bend but don't break defense (meaning they may give up tons of yards but the Jets end up kicking field goals). I believe the Jets will move the chains frequently. If that equals the Jets coming away with 7 versus 3 often?? The Patriots will be fighting for victory up a brutally and disappointingly steep hill.

Sure is alot of junk being spoken about a 9-2 team just because some of their wins were not deemed "strong enough" and they rarely have put together 4 good quarters.

I am talking about the Pets and Jats.

I hope the pats beat the piss outa the jets....

i live in nj so imagine my suffering :(
they have 1 good year and its like 2nd comeing down here.........my god please make it stop!!!!!!!!

No fear at all? I admire the confidence. I have some but have fear too because of our defense. The Jets have given up more than 20 points only twice this season (23 and 27). Like it or not I think it is fair to say their defense is playing very solidly. Conversely, the Patriot defense is giving up a lot of points nearly week in and week out. The troubling equation for me is: their defense probably will be able to slow us down to some degree -- while our defense won't be able to slow them down to keep pace.

In my mind this game is won or lost (obviously the wild card for both teams being turnovers/mistakes) on whether the Patriots can play their very best bend but don't break defense (meaning they may give up tons of yards but the Jets end up kicking field goals). I believe the Jets will move the chains frequently. If that equals the Jets coming away with 7 versus 3 often?? The Patriots will be fighting for victory up a brutally and disappointingly steep hill.
Absolutely no fear of the Jets at all. I can't explain it to you but the Pats will beat the Jets and do it well. I was more concerned with the Jets last year than this year.

Brady is playing lights out and the defense is making the plays when they need too.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. He can not bring a team back from behind and lacks physical tools.

I would take Sanchez over him all day.

Cassel has the worst oline and receiving options in this league while Sanchez has the best of both. Brees, Brady, and Manning would never lose a game with that team for the rest of their careers.

Personally, I think the jets are good agaianst teams that are mediocre. They can win when they play teams like Cleveland,Houston,Miami. But whenever they play big teams like Baltimore,Green Bay they suck.

They played New England when Tom Brady was still stroking Randy Moss' ego.We have now found our stride after letting him go so I look forward to a a very good game.:rocker::rocker:

Jets have an excellent defense, they can run the ball and they have very dangerous weapons at both WR spots, at TE as well as at the QB spot.

This team is loaded with playmakers at the skill positions on both sides of the ball making them a very dangerous opponent.

The Pats will have at be at their best to beat them. Gotta play mistake free ball and score 7's instead of 3's this game.

Should be a heck of a game.

Just a thought, but how we see football in N.O.

When someone breaks into your house, are you humble? or do you kick their tail:)

These guys are breaking into your house.

What would you prefer win next week game or get the chance to play in the 2010 SB ?

Personally, i will take the SB.

ps: If Patriots lose next week, i hope they build something great because of it and put them in the 2010 SB.

Last edited:
I don't know where the line puts this game, if the line is even out.

I think it's two good teams going at it. I think they're both flawed teams. I think they both have a lot of weapons on offense. I think they both find ways to win.

When a team beats you early in the season, I furthermore think it's kind of a self-defeating argument to say "they're only good against mediocre teams," especially when one of those other mediocre teams also beat your own team -- and then shore up that opinion with the opinion that "that was before and we're all better now."

However - I will be totally stoked to knock the Jets down a game and wipe that half-game-up smirk off their collective faces.

I'd hate to end up the moral equivalent of a Ravens fan, proclaiming "we're a dangerous playoff team, nyah nyah nyah."

I don't know where the line puts this game, if the line is even out.

I think it's two good teams going at it. I think they're both flawed teams. I think they both have a lot of weapons on offense. I think they both find ways to win.

When a team beats you early in the season, I furthermore think it's kind of a self-defeating argument to say "they're only good against mediocre teams," especially when one of those other mediocre teams also beat your own team -- and then shore up that opinion with the opinion that "that was before and we're all better now."

However - I will be totally stoked to knock the Jets down a game and wipe that half-game-up smirk off their collective faces.

I'd hate to end up the moral equivalent of a Ravens fan, proclaiming "we're a dangerous playoff team, nyah nyah nyah."

Not trying to sound too much like a homer but I think the NEP win by a couple of TDs. 34-20.

Last edited:
The jets pass rush isn't like last year.

Hell, most of teams they play don't even fear the pass rush any more.

I agree, their pass rush is overrated this year, much like the Squeelers'.

Gonna be a long ten days ....

It's a little strange hearing Pats fans belittle a team for lucky wins, just barely winning, or beating mediocre teams (or teams not near full strength).

The Jets & Pats seasons have basically mirrored each other in many ways; if not for a few bounces, both could just as easily be 6-5.

If anything, the Jets are much stronger top to bottom. The Pats, as always, rely almost solely on the arm of one of the best QB's of all time...

What would you prefer win next week game or get the chance to play in the 2010 SB ?

ps: If Patriots lose next week, i hope they build something great because of it and put them in the 2010 SB.

Ok, thats a better point than I tried to make. SB is the goal.

It's a little strange hearing Pats fans belittle a team for lucky wins, just barely winning, or beating mediocre teams (or teams not near full strength)....

Patriots are hardly at full strength themselves if you want to go there. The subject was covered pretty exhaustively here leading up to the Colts game. Feel free to search.

I can't help thinking it must be frustrating for Jets fans to load up on all these stars, see the Pats load up on rookies and second-year guys and then go through the sort of overhaul they've gone through even during the season -- and the Jets still can't shed the Patriots.

Well beating the Jets would open up the #1 seed to the Pats. Having the #1 seed could mean a path to the SB.

The final answer is: Just Beat the Jets!!!

Patriots are hardly at full strength themselves if you want to go there. The subject was covered pretty exhaustively here leading up to the Colts game. Feel free to search.

I can't help thinking it must be frustrating for Jets fans to load up on all these stars, see the Pats load up on rookies and second-year guys and then go through the sort of overhaul they've gone through even during the season -- and the Jets still can't shed the Patriots.

The Pats had some bad injury luck early, but after those early losses, they've actually been pretty healthy. Most teams in the league have had it worse at this point.

And the Jets can finally shed the Pats with a win next week. It's as it should be - it's like a heavyweight fight, where the challenger can't just win on points...they'll have to knock the champ out if they want the title....

The Pats had some bad injury luck early, but after those early losses, they've actually been pretty healthy. Most teams in the league have had it worse at this point.

And the Jets can finally shed the Pats with a win next week. It's as it should be - it's like a heavyweight fight, where the challenger can't just win on points...they'll have to knock the champ out if they want the title....

Some ESPN analyst said that the Patriots do not play well against the "Press Coverage" vs. the "Zone Coverage". He said that is why the Jets will win next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back