PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats need to DESTROY the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snail pace improvement?

He is on pace to double his TD's and throw for 1.5 Times last years yardage.

All while cutting down on his picks.
Pathetic to below average is not impressive.

Defense melted down against Cleveland.

Of course Sanchez has struggled at times, not denying that. But he has also had some great games this year.

The future is bright for him, and any uniased nfl fan knows that.

Anyways, the Benadryl I took is hitting me now. Happy thanksgiving pats fans, looking forward to a fun week of arguing:)
If Benadryl is code word for 23 shooters of Tequila, I now understand your posts

Again, you make something up and attribute it to me.
He is a liability.
If he were not, a team with a top running game, top defense and quality corps of receivers would not be struggling to beat the dregs of the NFL.

Whos fault do you think it is that you would have lost to Denver, Cleveland and Detroit if they didnt make brutal, stupid, unconscionsble mostakes? If it isnt Sanchez, what other part of your team is causing you to stuggle vs the worst teams in the league?

They played the Pats well in the 2nd half during their first meeting of the season. No struggles then. In my opinion...Jets play up/down to the level of competition. It's been drilled in over and over and over again by Head Coach Rex Ryan to win the division. As a result, the Jets played their best games vs divisional opponents. I just think (would like to believe) that the Jets didn't take the Lions, Broncos, Bengals, Texans, seriously enough to put out the maximum effort needed for them to be dominant.

When they do put in the effort, urgency, intensity, they are dangerous. The late comebacks, are evidence of that because it's do-or-die.

I certainly do.

Look, I'm not stupid enough to compare Sanchez to Brady straight up QB to QB. That is ridiculous and I would lose...Handily. What I am going to do is point out that if not for an interception returned for a TD and two special teams scores, would you win that game vs Miami? Brady was 19 for 24 for 146 net yards passing. So the Pats can have that happen in a game and it be OK but the Jets cannot have the same sort of thing happen and be OK?

Why not?

Hey eifmp, can you get one of the mods to unban me before March 2011, i have the same username. I was very friendly & stated facts and got the heel.:bricks:

They played the Pats well in the 2nd half during their first meeting of the season. No struggles then. In my opinion...Jets play up/down to the level of competition. It's been drilled in over and over and over again by Head Coach Rex Ryan to win the division. As a result, the Jets played their best games vs divisional opponents. I just think (would like to believe) that the Jets didn't take the Lions, Broncos, Bengals, Texans, seriously enough to put out the maximum effort needed for them to be dominant.

When they do put in the effort, urgency, intensity, they are dangerous. The late comebacks, are evidence of that because it's do-or-die.
When was the last time the Jets won a Super Bowl? Before you were born!

That is just so lame. Team plays worse than you think they are and the excuse is they werent really trying. FOR A MONTH.
If you are correct, the Jets wont make the playoffs and you can start planning for 2011, because they will get destroyed by NE, Pitt, Chicago, and maybe even Miami. If the best you can say about your team is they dont try hard most of the time, you are screwed.

Hey eifmp, can you get one of the mods to unban me before March 2011, i have the same username. I was very friendly & stated facts and got the heel.:bricks:
I see what you did there. Touche

That is just so lame. Team plays worse than you think they are and the excuse is they werent really trying. FOR A MONTH.
If you are correct, the Jets wont make the playoffs and you can start planning for 2011, because they will get destroyed by NE, Pitt, Chicago, and maybe even Miami. If the best you can say about your team is they dont try hard most of the time, you are screwed.

The best thing I can say about my team is that they don't try hard most of the time and still win.

Edit: The Pats weren't trying too hard vs the Browns. Where was that effort vs the Steelers when you played the Browns? I believed they played better vs better comp. Though more talented that the Browns , the Patriots didn't try their best and got embarrassed.

Last edited:
What QB's would you put above Sanchez? Please make a list if you have the inclination.

Jamarcus Russel
Ryan Leaf
Rex Grossman
Jake Delhomme

The best thing I can say about my team is that they don't try hard most of the time and still win.

Edit: The Pats weren't trying too hard vs the Browns. Where was that effort vs the Steelers when you played the Browns? I believed they played better vs better comp. Though more talented that the Browns , the Patriots didn't try their best and got embarrassed.
And you lost to Baltimore and Green Bay.
You would have lost to Denver if a they did not commit dpi on a despearation heave that would not have been caught on 4th down, and to Detroit if they did not try to pass on 3rd down OR if Peterson didnt commit a pf 10 yards out of bounds, and to Cleveland if Stuckey didnt commit a moronic fumble (or at best tied if Cleveland ran the clock out)
So what you are saying is your team is good because they dont try so should lose to terrible teams, but the other team hands the game over anyway?

Patriots played a terrible game against Cleveland,But they also beat Miami, Pitt, Indy, SD, Bmore. Your counter is the Jets didnt try against weak teams but knew they would hand it over??????????

Nah, it's already going down the tubes. Jets fans are in denial that the Pats are playing some of their best football of the season right now and that Brady is playing some of the best football of his career while the Jets have been barely hanging on.

Your the #1 offense and its proven, who gives a damn what they think:)
Jets are #5 defense, who cares what you think

But the Jets are not the defense from last year, were better this year, and were not the offense we were last year, your better.

Im confused, who's better than the other,lol

Last edited:
To be honest the Jets don't scare me at all. Their defense isn't the 2009 defense and the offense is sporadic. I respect what they're doing but have no fear of them at all. I expect it'll be a tough match that the Patriots win to reinforce their supremacy.

One thing I know for certain. The Foxboro crowd has to go mental.

Last edited:
I am so tired of seeing Dirty Sanchez's ugly mug on TV. He's not competing with Brady for the AFC East crown; he's after Manning's hold on product advertisements. The sooner he returns to anonymity, the sooner my TV will no longer endure verbal abuse.

Last edited:
I am SICK of all the BS surrounding the Jets this season. They are a TERRIBLE team with the best luck in the history of the league. They keep playing like **** to terrible teams but manage to play slightly less terrible in the end. And yet they are still the media darlings even though they keep eeking out wins against "elite powerhouses" such as the Lions and Texans. Sanchez sucks and needs to be knocked down 10 pegs.

No more pu.ssyfooting around. The Jets NEED to go down. Since we have no excuses about how we can't look too far ahead we can finally focus on them. I want the Jets to pay so badly.

With all due respect, this is not relevant. While the Jets have received an inordinate amount of media coverage (they are in NY and were on HBO), they are 9 and 2. Further, by virtue of the tie break, they have the best record in the league. They are what their record says they are just as the NEP are what their record says they are. The Patriots are getting a significant amount of respect save their defense. Their defense, at least at this time, doesn't deserve an abundance of respect.

Regarding destroying them on Monday, that would be great but unnecessary (and not likely to happen). A win by one point, because of a crazy bounce, when the Jets seemed to have it wrapped up, is ultimately as good as a blow out.

As much as we Patriot fans hate to admit it, the Jets and Patriots, overall, are fairly equal in potential (yes, in the QB department we have a distinct advantage). Monday's winner truly deserves the AFC Best Team label - whether by one point or 20 points.

What I do hate to admit is that the Jets appear to match up well against the NEP. BB better find a way to tighten up the pass defense.....otherwise we better play mistake free and capitalize on any and every mistake the Jets make (and, imho, better be up by more than a score with 2 minutes to go).

To be honest the Jets don't scare me at all. Their defense isn't the 2009 defense and the offense is sporadic. I respect what they're doing but have no fear of them at all. I expect it'll be a tough match that the Patriots win to reinforce their supremacy.

One thing I know for certain. The Foxboro crowd has to go mental.

I completely agree.

I would compare Hills stats with Sanchez, to see if he can attack you in the passing game. See what comes up.

Id also look at the Browns running game vs your run defense, knowing Rex he'll copy that

Offensively the Jets have the same problem they faced when we beat them last year, We have no pre-Madonna's like Moss, you have to cover everyone. Revis becomes a non issue

Last edited:
Yea it was 1969.

nm_10_easy_rider_dennis_hopper_peter_fonda_100529_ssh.jpg

Sanchez is a good QB. He is only in his second year.
We need to shut L. Tomlinson down or hope he has a bad day if we want to spank the Jets.

And you lost to Baltimore and Green Bay.
You would have lost to Denver if a they did not commit dpi on a despearation heave that would not have been caught on 4th down, and to Detroit if they did not try to pass on 3rd down OR if Peterson didnt commit a pf 10 yards out of bounds, and to Cleveland if Stuckey didnt commit a moronic fumble (or at best tied if Cleveland ran the clock out)
So what you are saying is your team is good because they dont try so should lose to terrible teams, but the other team hands the game over anyway?

Patriots played a terrible game against Cleveland,But they also beat Miami, Pitt, Indy, SD, Bmore. Your counter is the Jets didnt try against weak teams but knew they would hand it over??????????

I'm not arguing the strength of the Patriots victories sir. I argued that the Jets didn't take bad teams seriously, causing said close games. My argument was derided by people on this board. I used the Patriots game vs Cleveland to help back up my point. I also used the Jets determination to win the AFC East this season to show that they played complete games with good effort vs AFC east teams. My point being that any team can lose, or look bad, in the NFL if they don't give the maximum effort each game. This is what I think the Jets did vs the Lions, Broncos, Texans...all teams under .500. They came out with effort vs the Browns because of the Eric Mangini connection. Jets statistically dominated that game, but missed FG made the game closer than it was.

That is all I was saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye