PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Rounds 2&3 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at SF. Very few if any holes on that roster.
Look at us.

Yeah.

Why? Because of these stupid ******* reaches.
That's 20 DBs or more and counting.

How many of those DBs turned into solid starters? Pro Bowl players?
How's our pass defense?

We SUCK at this. Period.

Yeah, going 2-14 every year is such a bu...oh wait, that doesn't happen :rolleyes:

Let me know which WTF pick Bill's had that has EVER worked out.

In 2009 there were two second-round picks that didn't already have Wikipedia pages before they were drafted: Raiders S Michael Mitchell, and Mt. Vollmer.

Look at us.

Yeah.

How's our pass defense?

We SUCK at this. Period.

Devin McCourty say hi, Dennard turning into a solid starter.

easy there, buddy. i'm not thrilled with tonight's 3rd round, but Devin McCourty from Rutgers turned out pretty good. In fact he was one of only a handful of pro bowlers from the 2010 first round.

The Devin McCourty that sucked so bad at playing the cornerback position in his second year they put him at safety just so they wouldn't have to release him and look foolish they that they took him in the first?

Teams figured out McCourty after his rookie season and he has been a contribution to some of the worst secondary play i have ever ever seen in this league. He's a slight upgrade if that at safety but nothing else.

We looked good towards the end because of Talib and Dennard (who we all knew would be a smash hit after last years draft) and that's it.

He's probably an upgrade from Ebner.

Hey, Matt Barkley, you were the #1 highschool prospect in the country? You think you're entitled to millions and 1st round status because you face Pac-12 defenses and have the best WR duo in the country?

Whahahaha your career is over, no millions for you! Enjoy the bench biiiiiitch.
(yes I've lost my mind with the Harmon pick)

Yeah, going 2-14 every year is such a bu...oh wait, that doesn't happen :rolleyes:

That gets pulled out every year.
Pats fans should be happy with their 12-14 wins and just shut up.

The issue is: how many teams would like Brady and Belichick?
What if the team had a slightly stronger roster?
Would there be a couple more wins, a couple more Super Bowls?

The kooky draft decisions the past couple years really have not helped this team over the hump. Luckily Brady is good for those 12-14 wins.

Giants were going to take him at 18 or 19 of that year.

Huh? The Giants had the 29th pick that year (took Hakim Nicks). And they also had the 45th pick where they took Clint Sintim. Vollmer was drafted 58th. The Giants passed on Vollmer not once, but twice.

Look at us.

Yeah.

How's our pass defense?

We SUCK at this. Period.

i hate going 0-16 every year and not being competitive :(

Let me know which WTF pick Bill's had that has EVER worked out.

Logan Mankin comes to mind the experts had him rate as a 6th rounder IIRC, then the pundits who wanted the WR out of Mi instead of Seymour. Then there was the WTF over McCourty.

Last edited:
I don't understand why two of our five WRs should be rookies?

We're not exactly rebuilding. Also, other than Edelman the other three are new to the team. If Amendola and Edelman go down, these rookies have to play, no waiting and developing, just play. Brady has his work cut out for himself as is. Last, another rookie would only be our #5 WR. One rookie a year, at the WR position, is probably best IMO.

The Devin McCourty that sucked so bad at playing the cornerback position in his second year they put him at safety just so they wouldn't have to release him and look foolish they that they took him in the first?

Not because he's a stud at safety, just saving grace? Gotcha.

some of the worst secondary play i have ever ever seen in this league

Watch the 2011 Packers and 2012 Saints, you'll see even worse.

We looked good towards the end because of Talib and Dennard (who we all knew would be a smash hit after last years draft).

Yeah, McCourty patrolling centre field and playing the safety position correctly - something the team hasn't had since Harrison didn't contribute at all, did it?

Or his game winning interception against the Bills?

Seriously, quit posting and go to bed, you're showing yourself up even more than usual.

Yes, this is likely the end of the Ebner experiment. Both Dobson and Ryan are top special teamers.

He's probably an upgrade from Ebner.

Not because he's a stud at safety, just saving grace? Gotcha.

Watch the 2011 Packers and 2012 Saints, you'll see even worse.

Yeah, McCourty patrolling centre field and playing the safety position correctly - something the team hasn't had since Harrison didn't contribute at all, did it?

Or his game winning interception against the Bills?

Seriously, quit posting and go to bed, you're showing yourself up even more than usual.

I don't say he sucks as a safety, i think he's a slight upgrade but nothing more. Don't go anointing him as Ed Reed Jr please. Oh and wow you managed to find two teams that were as bad as us when it came to playing secondary? What an achievement, bravo. (sarcasm)

Never to question BB but most of the time in the draft BB is rigid with his belief of who is the best player he believes fit for the team and takes them instead of just sticking to what is the common theory except in the 1st rounds. His later round "see what sticks" picks havent had much great production over the yrs.But he can do it. No other coach would try this .

The difference between this pick (and the Wilson pick last year) and guys like Vollmer, Mankins and Branch is while they may be considered reaches, they weren't completely out of nowhere UDFA types. Mankins was rated a 3rd rounder by NFL draft scout and is comparable to the Kyle Long pick for the Bears. Vollmer had a 3rd/4th round projection and Deion Branch was projected as a 3rd rounder. That is a big difference to taking a guy in the 3rd round that most people had never heard of and was ranked 413 overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents