PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Rounds 2&3 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, does drafting Collins with their first pick mean no Abraham, do you think? Or are they very different pieces to the same puzzle?

More likely means no Freeney.

So, does drafting Collins with their first pick mean no Abraham, do you think? Or are they very different pieces to the same puzzle?

I wouldn't rule out Abraham. However, Cunningham, Francis and Bequette need to bring their "A" game to camp this year.

First, NE traded to add valuable picks to this year's draft.

Then, with their first pick, they added a dynamic pass rusher, addressing the #1 need this team has.

Then, with their second pick, they added a fast (4.4) and big (6'3") receiver with *GREAT* hands.

Um....so far, it's very difficult to take complaints about this draft seriously.

I felt like WR was the greatest need but i love this draft so far, can't wait to see what they do with their next 3 picks.

I wish Ian would create a draft archive so that we could look back and see what people said about each draft before, during, and after it.

Love both pick.. Now Darick Rogers, Barrett Jones and Tyrant Mathieu and we can wait to 7 round and see who falls :rocker::rocker:

If Allen somehow falls into our lap in the 3rd then take him without hesitation.

Jesse Williams and Blidi Wreh still out there.

And the QB's are falling so that should push some players down to us.

a pass rusher and a big WR I like this draft so far now they need some DB and OL dept

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 3m
Dobson: 19 Wonderlic. On lower end for WRs they've drafted. Same as Taylor Price, better than Givens (18). Chad Jackson (15) was worst.

Damontre Moore still out there. How about Jordan Poyer for the Pats? Has that BB feel.

Love both pick.. Now Darick Rogers, Barrett Jones and Tyrant Mathieu and we can wait to 7 round and see who falls :rocker::rocker:

Swap Mathieu for Lattimore and I'm sold

Though, I would say both are likely not immediate impact players for the foreseeable future and will need some time to adjust to the NFL. I don't expect them to see a lot of playing time this season.

I no longer make any guesses about readiness, given that the last two "super-raw physical freaks" they drafted were Nate Solder and Chandler Jones. :)

Dobson in particular strikes me as more polished than others have made him out to be.

He said quick, not slow. There is a difference. Dobson's 3 Cone and short-shuttle are easily the worst of any WR the Pats have ever drafted.

and that's why the pats never hit on receivers....they got to move away from that stupid 3 cone thing.

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 3m
Dobson: 19 Wonderlic. On lower end for WRs they've drafted. Same as Taylor Price, better than Givens (18). Chad Jackson (15) was worst.

But from what I have read on Dobson, he is a smart player who can read defenses and adjust routes.

has been a great draft...help with the pass rush..and a big fast WR

Couldn't help but think... With the pats grabbing all those extra picks in the trade with Minny, I now am starting to really lament not get Emmanuel Sanders

• Winner
Reactions: TBR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes