PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Rounds 2&3 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 4m
While Dobson is big and reasonably fast (4.55), he is not a huge YPC guy. 15.7, 13.6, 11.9 in 2010-12 with Marshall.

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 5m
Thought Wheaton, Patton and Allen were all more game-ready. Guess we'll see.

Hate to break it to Curran, but Dobson ran in the low 4.4's at his Pro-Day. Some had him clocked, unofficially, at 4.37.

YPC is based as much on the routes you're given to run as it is what you do after you catch the ball.

Well, I was hoping for a Boldin-sized receiver. There you go. So far so good. Thank you Vikings for the extra picks!

That is a fair comparison because Dobson's wingspan is considerable....

Nice call Borg.

Dobson doesn't thrill me. Will be much happier if he's paired with one of the quicker guys so I'm not overly concerned yet.

Get Wheaton and Lattimore and I'm a happier bunny.

I would love that, however there are still a number of really good prospects with 20 to go till their next pick. This could end up being another really strong draft for them.

First, NE traded to add valuable picks to this year's draft.

Then, with their first pick, they added a dynamic pass rusher, addressing the #1 need this team has.

Then, with their second pick, they added a fast (4.4) and big (6'3") receiver with *GREAT* hands.

Um....so far, it's very difficult to take complaints about this draft seriously.

Finally!

Love the Dobson pick, he's got everything we were screaming for and watching the clips i love the way he goes after the ball. 2 Needs addressed in 2 picks and i really like both of them as prospects.

Marshall also produced Randy Moss, so there's some good history there. I'm not certain what else it means, but it's an interesting tidbit. :cool:

Pats got a passrusher and a wide receiver! pretty much addressed their major needs. might see a CB in the 3rd and maybe another receiver or TE.

how is a 4.44 slow?

He said quick, not slow. There is a difference. Dobson's 3 Cone and short-shuttle are easily the worst of any WR the Pats have ever drafted.

Then, with their first pick, they added a dynamic pass rusher, addressing the #1 need this team has.

Then, with their second pick, they added a fast (4.4) and big (6'3") receiver with *GREAT* hands.

Um....so far, it's very difficult to take complaints about this draft seriously.

People just love to complain in general

Would love for us to move up and take Williams. We need that interior rush BAD. Wilfork isn't going to play at this level forever.

Either this year or next you'll see him slow down.

And another pretty good Pat wr from Marshall,,,,Troy Brown

but.but...but.....Mel Kiper had that LB in the fifth rd.:enranged:

Yea Deus - because the Patriots drafts since 2009 have been atrocious. You need to get to Foxborough as soon as possible and do what you can.

:bricks:

Marshall also produced Randy Moss, so there's some good history there. I'm not certain what else it means, but it's an interesting tidbit. :cool:
Troy Brown

Does lighting strike 3 times?

We should go for another receiver in the 3rd and then Mathieu because we are decimated at WR. Amendola and Dobson to start is not enough. Not big on Donald Jone so we need another one.

So, does drafting Collins with their first pick mean no Abraham, do you think? Or are they very different pieces to the same puzzle?

Wheaton/Patton/Swope/Boyce/Bailey/Goodwin. Lots of smaller quicker guys still .Wouldn't surprise me if we don't get one until #91.

As well as one Mr. Troy Brown.... Aka, Mr. Patriot. :rocker:

Jamie Collins and Aaron Dobson. LB and WR...

Both should see playing time this season.
I agree. Though I had hoped the LB would've been Arthur Brown (who went to Baltimore, of course). I'm satisfied with the 2nd round picks this year. Both are necessary to compete in today's NFL. Explosive edge rushers will always be in vogue as long as these passing rules exist. And big bodied perimeter WRs with 4.4 speed, and sure hands don't grown on trees.

Though, I would say both are likely not immediate impact players for the foreseeable future and will need some time to adjust to the NFL. I don't expect them to see a lot of playing time this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe