PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Richard Seymour is OVERRATED Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I will get blasted for being "negative" again, but such is life. Richard Seymour just may be the most OVERRATED defensive player in football. Hands down. Everyone talks about Freeney on these boards like he is overrated, but at least that guy has an IMPACT on some games!! When was the last time Big Sey did ANYTHING during a game that the announcers or fans noticed???? The guy gets paid TOP DOLLAR to be a dominant defensive lineman. Dominant defenseive linemen get sacks, force fumbles, get hurries on the QB, shut down the run, etc.... I'm sorry, but would our defense miss this guy at all if he went down and Jarvis Green had to fill in?? Would we not miss Asante Samuel more? It's going to be a shame if we lose Samuel over money, when we are paying Big Sey a boat load of money and not getting the big time production that should accompany it. Big Sey might be a great guy and a team captain, but that does not excuse the fact that he is always hurt and does not give pro bowl level production when he is on the field.

Thank you for this post!!

We now know you have no idea of the difference between a 250-260 lb. speed rusher and a 3-4 defensive end.

Seymour's job is to tie up two offensive linemen. The pass rushers in a 3-4 are the linebackers.

If you ever had any credibility here, you don't now.

Go away and hide. You've been exposed.:bricks:

Last edited:
What a surprise a thread like this coming from "National Sports Advisors". Exactly what sports do you give advise to? Are you a paid consultant?

That's quite the handle you have given to yourself as a user name. Mine describes me perfectly. But I'm wondering why such the loftly user name?

He advises teams to use 315 pound guys as outside rushers.

His plan to use 260 lb. speed rushers to take on double teams in the 3-4 defense hasn't worked so far, he's still trying to hget the bugs out.:rolleyes:

Can't do what? What are you asking me brother?

Hey, we're of the same cloth bro, we live, eat and love this team. How much sleep did you get last night? I'm on 2 hours right now.

My theory, NSA and BTM are one and the same. Check out how often NSA uses "bro" or brother in his replies.
any chance we can get a mod to see if both of these trolls are using the same IP addy?

And by the way, the cap numbers in the article you linked to don't really help your argumant, IMO. there are 36 DEs in the league with a cap number of 4 million or higher, which makes me feel okay about Sey's number.

Chief, we're not talking 4mill, we're talking 6.7mill, we need to see more out of Richard, that's all I'm saying and I think we will once he finally gets all the rust out, I think he'll be dominant in the playoffs, we just haven't seen it yet.

Here's a question for you, do you think Richard is the same player now as he was PRIOR to his new contract?

No question, he's stout, he's an anchor over on that ride side and never, ever, gets blown off the ball, he's alot like Warren on the other side, they are both anchors. But, here's my concern from last night's game, the Patriots had to abandon their 4-3 scheme with Jarvis in the game, which in essence would have given Richard single coverage throughout most of the 1st half and that line got chewed up by McGahee.

Last edited by a moderator:
NSA = BTM

:eek:

incase u didnt know..we played a 4-3 yesterday, he had quiet a few tackles, pressures and hits on the QB.
He was playing DT while Green was DE and all the rushing yards gain off TACKLE. BB said they got the run game going OFF TACKLE

Seymour is not overrated. Him and Wilfork dominated the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back