PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Pats-Jets post-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your NY Jets MVP
600x375

Re: Force the ball to Gronk much?

Can't tell without seeing the game tape. No one else might've been open.

I don't know... Was Brady ever scanning the field? Too many of the plays seem to have only one option. Disappointing performance from the offense in the 2nd half.

In all my years of watching football, I've never seen that call. I didn't even know it existed.

Not only was it a bizarre call, but pushing a player upfield had zero effect on that play.

My only thought is that a referee's call should never dictate the outcome of a game, but this one did.

The rush had an effect on the play. A good rush would increase a kickers chance of missing. If Jones move created pressure that the rule doesn't permit then so be it. What I don't understand is why the rule doesn't permit it.

So now we know the reason brady has relied so much on the short passing game. Tom brady is not an accurate deep ball thrower.

Haha. You're just realizing this after 12 years?? This is what hurts them against the jets. The jets cut off the short game and brady can't make them pay deep.

I thought the D was fine today. Not sure what's wrong with Brady, and the rest of his offense but .... it's gotta get much better if they wish to win come playoff time.

Seven games in and he has thrown only 8 td's. That is pathetic and alarming.

In all my years of watching football, I've never seen that call. I didn't even know it existed.

Not only was it a bizarre call, but pushing a player upfield had zero effect on that play.

My only thought is that a referee's call should never dictate the outcome of a game, but this one did.

That's because it has only been a rule for seven weeks. Not sure whether the problem there was the player or the special teams coaches -- but you have to know the rules. Every single one of them.

Every ref is trained on the brand new rules, and if you commit one right under his nose, I assume he's going to call it. I imagine a ref could conceivably take a pass on calling that one where it's not blatent, but if you're ever going to call it, where the guy does it right in front of you and it's a very long try where it theoretically could make a difference on a low kick, I suppose that's the play.

Combination of the awful receivers and Brady starting to lose it.

Its the same story every time this team loses. It starts with the inconsistent play of the offensive line and its inability to protect the QB. The team then for whatever reason gives up on the run altogether and becomes predictable. Brady misses throws he should normally make. You can't win too many games scoring 6 pts in the second half.

These injuries really ****** suck. Imagine healthy Wilfork, Talib, Kelly, Mayo and a non convict Hernandez out there. Jets get destroyed. And excellent dept with Jones and Vellano coming off the bench. Really is sad. This team healthy without Hernandez killing people is easily the best in the league. and not gonna even get into if they signed Welker.....*sigh*

Brady's long ball has been bad for a while now. Moss made a lot of catches he had no business making. I blame this loss on Brady. The WRs are what they are.
That Brady contract extension would definitely bite the patriots because I don't even see 2 more good years in him. He'll soon be too one dimensional and predictable.
Well bradys not exactly working with talented seasoned players hes had a lot of time to get use to. And the jest have a pretty good defense on top an all new receiving corp

That Jets were the better team! I do not know how me won 5/7!
The rule is stupid but C.Jones still broke the rules!
The D couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag yet again! Are there no free agents that could do something in the middle of the field? Is Ted Washington still available?
I still do not see the point in Blount having a contract! He is overweight and would struggle to break the banner at the start of a college game! So why continue to put him back for kickoffs!
One bright soak is that Gronk looked good, not great, but good!
And I worry that Brady is going to get killed by the OLine while trying to over throw a ball!

Congratulations to the Jets on winning their Super Bowl. What are their off-season plans?

An astonishing call. Just astonishing.

The offense scored 20 and gave up 7. Not good enough.

Force the ball to Gronk much?

I contribute Brady locking onto gronk from the oline. After 2 fumbles and a pick 6, he wouldn't trust them. He was looking for a big reliable target and that was gronk. He wasn't gonna give the rooks a chance to get open. The oline needs to clean up and Brady has to trust his teammates. If he doesn't, this is exactly what we will see.

Offense stalled in the second half, Brady's deep ball is horrid. Our defense is back to a joke w/o Talib & Mayo (unsurprisingly). With the injuries it's difficult to sustain the defense we had been seeing but it is still sad to see the effects of the injuries. Lots to look forward to with Miami coming to town next week...

hightower was a liability in coverage

These injuries really ****** suck. Imagine healthy Wilfork, Talib, Kelly, Mayo and a non convict Hernandez out there. Jets get destroyed. And excellent dept with Jones and Vellano coming off the bench. Really is sad. This team healthy without Hernandez killing people is easily the best in the league. and not gonna even get into if they signed Welker.....*sigh*

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts...

Precision short passing game is not working because of the unfamiliarity and Brady is inaccurate deep, as always.

This is silly. Boger didn't make the call. He didn't even see it. It's not his call nor his zone. He was getting ready to have the yardage markers changed to send the ball the other way when he was alerted that one of his colleagues had a penalty on the play.

Your NY Jets MVP
600x375

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes