PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Pats-Jets post-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. You're just realizing this after 12 years?? This is what hurts them against the jets. The jets cut off the short game and brady can't make them pay deep.

Dobson beat his man and brady basically threw it out of bounds.

Refs won the game for the Jets

-Forced the Ball to Gronk WAY too much

-Brady can't throw a deep ball to save his life. So stop throwing them tom

-D is so bad without Talib and Mayo

If pushing a teammate through/into the pile is a 15 yard personal foul, why hasn't it been called on at least 50% of run plays this year? They mentioned it being a payer safety issue. If this is true, call it every play, not when meaningless on a fg attempt. We got jobbed today. That questionable catch def made contact with the ground pet my slowmo dvr replay. How that doesn't get reviewed is an insult to the idea of replay. Kind of like leaving in a Baltimore db after he clearly throws a ref in an after the whistle altercation. But this is the Goodell nfl. Inconsistent.

Still not understanding the logic of surrounding an aging QB with rookie receivers, one tight end and one slot receiver who is always watching the game from his couch. ONE TD in three games is a shocking number.

When will people stop blaming the rookies for Brady being downright mediocre so far this season?

His accuracy is off, his decision making is off and his deep ball is 80/20 chance of missing.

In all my years of watching football, I've never seen that call. I didn't even know it existed.

Not only was it a bizarre call, but pushing a player upfield had zero effect on that play.

My only thought is that a referee's call should never dictate the outcome of a game, but this one did.

While I agree, the team DESERVED to lose that game the way most of them played. I include the offensive coaching staff as well.

Re: Force the ball to Gronk much?

Where the flying .Fvk. was Collie????? Edes, Collie, Gronk(decoy),... :confused:

that call was as ticky tack as it gets...I understand it is in the rulebook but you dont call that in OT when the other team is getting a legitimate chance to kick a field goal. that call right there DECIDED the winner of the game.

as bad as the pats were, they were getting the ball back at the 50 yard line only needing to get 20 yards or so..

when people say "we didnt deserve to win that game" I never really get that...are the pats only allowed to win games where they blow out teams? a win is a win

Yes, it appeared to me that he started looking for gronk as a safety blanket. I would find it hared to believe that the rookies where covered that often. If the jest were going to key on anyone to shut down it would be gronk

Refs won the game for the Jets

I thought it was a ticky-tack call, but the Jets outplayed the Patriots in the second half. Tough to win when the team is 1/12 on 3rd downs.

Just like the CIN game... No dedication to Ridley in the running attack. Miscues in the passing game. Gronk isn't the fix-it-all solution.

hightower was a liability in coverage

There are approximately 2 middle linebackers who are consistently not a liability in coverage and they both play in SF

Exsctly. Hightower is a 3-4 MLB being used as a coverage LB. The only people who think Hightower can be effective in man coverage are Patricia and Belichick. This one's on Belichick as far as I'm concerned, not Hightower.

A problem is Brady is failing massively on his deep throws. Are his receivers screwing up that badly? Throughout the season there's been many open guys downfield...you can only blame them for so long...Brady just isn't hitting them. Sucks to see.

1 for 12 on 3rd down.

I was in a loud bar down here in Maryland watching today's game.

So my one question I have is - - on the Bolden reception down to the 2 yard line late in the game, what was the Patriots penalty on the offesettings?????

It was the wrong call. You cannot tell from any angle (including the ref's) if Jones was pushing his teammate forward or if he was pushing him to the side to get around. You simply cannot.

But the Pats should have never let it get to that point. Brady was off all day and there was no running game. Add that to horrible LB play and the likes of Cole in the secondary and you have a ****-storm of a game.

They just need to regroup and get ready for next week. No use in dwelling on a loss.

In all my years of watching football, I've never seen that call. I didn't even know it existed.

Not only was it a bizarre call, but pushing a player upfield had zero effect on that play.

My only thought is that a referee's call should never dictate the outcome of a game, but this one did.
It's a new rule so your years of watching football are irrelevant. And it doesn't matter if it impacted the play or not (what penalty does such a thing matter?)

No ref has ever decided the outcome of a game by making the right call. Put the blame where it belongs.

Exsctly. Hightower is a 3-4 MLB being used as a coverage LB. The only people who think Hightower can be effective in man coverage are Patricia and Belichick. This one's on Belichick as far as I'm concerned, not Hightower.

Would you rather BB choose Steve Beauharnais or Dane Fletcher or Chris White to play in coverage?

It's hard to blame Hightower or Belichick... The Mayo injury was always going to be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back