PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Pats - Dolphins Week One post-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pass rush is awful as per usual. Drafting anyone who might fit that need is forbidden! My throat hurts from screaming about Henne having as much time as he did.

what? best pressure Ive seen in years

- Brady's hair was fabbb tonight
- Defense looked porous at times but altogether gave up 24 - 7 came almost directly off a pick and another 7 was in garbage time. Not so bad a performance especially considering some of the great catches Miami guys made + Henne did play better than normal early on.
- McCourty did struggle but after Miami pulled within 21-17 he really buckled down IMO. Started to see the McCourty of last year after point, until the garbage time TD when I wasn't paying full attention.
- Brady has that one strand of hair that comes down around the nasal area was def diggin that.
- Interested to see the snap distribution. Like I said in the other thread RID has potential to be a great starter opposite McCourty but does that diminish Bodden's role too much? I was expecting great things after that '09 year and hope to see him impact the defense.
- Props to the OL, Connolly did great in Koppen's absesne. I understand it's a broken ankle, isnt that 6-8 weeks? Could he avoid IR then?
- TE's, Welker, Branch were great. Oocho dumb penalty and not much impact yet but he did well in his role. Should get better with time.
- Miami couldn't stop Brady from moving up and down the field at will. Why would they want to? His hair looked freaking amazing

Pass rush is awful as per usual. Drafting anyone who might fit that need is forbidden! My throat hurts from screaming about Henne having as much time as he did.

Gonna have to disagree here, Henne was sacked a few times and hit pretty hard plenty more.

If Miami can keep it together they will give the JETS fits... Instead of Rex begging for volunteers to help knock us off, he better start focusing on finding a way for his team to beat the teams the JETS will face who couldn't. Cause they won't all hand you a giftwrapped W like the Cowgirls did...

Same with Buffalo. Remember they were a god-awful drop from beating Pitt and a late whistle from beating Baltimore last year -- on top the of whooping they unleashed on KC Sinday.

I see that subliminal message Patsy...that's all you girls think about...hair ,shoes.clothes, makeup...more shoes...did I mention shoes??:biggrin2:

In the universe I inhabit, the Pats sacked the Phins numerous times with Brady sacked once behind a makeshift OL. Sucks to be in your universe.

Janikowski just made a 63 yard field goal

In the universe I inhabit, the Pats sacked the Phins numerous times with Brady sacked once behind a makeshift OL. Sucks to be in your universe.

hey!! Look what I spied through the telescope, PWP....

18981694v2_225x225_Front.jpg

sorry ,Keyser..or is that Verbil?

Wilfork needs to lose weight. Hopefully, they'll fix that.

I must be losing my touch on what is sarcasm and what isn't.

You want a svelte Vince in there forcing Miami to loft up fades from the 1 yard line because they know they can't run it? Getting a few goal-line stops isn't enough because Vince's esthetics are unpleasing to you?

I'm going to bed, my buzz from that absolute whooping on the road is starting to wear off.

Didn't think anything could top what Rodgers and Brees did on Thursday.

Brady just put the league on notice about who the real top dog is.

Didn't think anything could top what Rodgers and Brees did on Thursday.

Brady just put the league on notice about who the real top dog is.

After Thursday, all the talk I was hearing was about how Rodgers was the best player in the NFL. I kept wondering how Brady's unanimous MVP award had been forgotten so quickly.

I figure it's been remembered now.

I must be losing my touch on what is sarcasm and what isn't.

You want a svelte Vince in there forcing Miami to loft up fades from the 1 yard line because they know they can't run it? Getting a few goal-line stops isn't enough because Vince's esthetics are unpleasing to you?

I'm going to bed, my buzz from that absolute whooping on the road is starting to wear off.

I think he's talking about the shift to the 4-3 and increasing Vince's utility as a pass rusher therein, but I could be wrong.

There's no point in VW continuing to imitate a human-sized bowling ball if he's not going to play NT in the 3-4.

Last edited:

I agree! Feeling pretty good about this win. Lots of areas for the team to improve upon, but a division road win down in Miami in September? I'll take it! Now the BB documentary on Thursday night, Pats game on Sunday. This may be the best Patriots week in a very long time! :)

Can I enjoy this victory for 24, 48, 72 hours?

Just wondering because I am not sure how to proceed from here.

If nobody responds to this thread I will be stuck in the Twilight Zone so please guide me from here. :p

Yeah, because my post was me being full of myself :rolleyes:

Get lost

You may not be full of yourself.

However, I wouldn't be looking for any Mensa invitations anytime soon.

It's amazing the number of really stupid observations. It's hard to fathom that so many fans are completely clueless in analyzing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe