PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Pats - Dolphins Week One post-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the official post game thread

This could turn out to be another fantastic draft class, and we haven't even seen the RBs yet.

Yes. I would have predicted seeing some Ridley - but they went Woodhead a lot.

I wonder if Haynesworth will get a fine for the punch, palm to the head of the guy who was trying to twist his knee at the goal line play. Did anybody see that? I am glad the crew kept quiet on it. Could have hurt us big time.

Can I get a shout out for some Red Zone defense?

And at one point the Pats were doing great on 3rd down D. I know the numbers look pretty but at some point the O has to just take some time off the clock and give the D a rest. I'm not surprised they gave up so many 4th quarter yards. They had a great goal-line stand and then Brady has the nerve to score on one play and put them right back out there.

I also thought Chung had a real strong game tonight.

I wonder if Haynesworth will get a fine for the punch, palm to the head of the guy who was trying to twist his knee at the goal line play. Did anybody see that? I am glad the crew kept quiet on it. Could have hurt us big time.

Maybe the guy twisting his knee should get the fine.

What difference would it make if the 'crew' commented on it? Didn't help us any on that PI non-call and didn't help Miami with Gruden and Jaws practically begging the Phins D to make a big play.

Re: The official Post game thread

Weird game. It seemed like it should have been a blowout and not close, but it really was closer than what it should have been.

Brady looked like he's on a mission.

Haynesworth is a beast. Holy crap. If he keeps this up...

Solder was good. For a rookie, in his first game, it was incredible.

Dowling surprised me. He was super competitive out there.

TE's awesome too.

One downside I saw was our game management on offense. Pretty weird. It was like me playing Madden on easy mode and killing the computer, accumulating yards, but never putting the game away because of bad game management.

Now I'm all amped up. Going to be up all night. Love Monday Night Double-Header! Go Broncos!

I have a thought...

Mallett should be beating off in his bed watching the replay of this game.

Re: Someone fill me in

Dude, we gave up 400+ yards to Chad Henne. I don't care if he had to play catch up all game, that's unnacceptable. The word "good" should not be mentioned in the same sentece as "defense" today. Actually, the run defense was very solid, so the above basically applies to the pass defense only.

Total yards with 8 minutes left was 260.

Some of you must be brain dead.

I would say the "soft", prevent needs work.

Re: The official Post game thread

Weird game. It seemed like it should have been a blowout and not close, but it really was closer than what it should have been.

Brady looked like he's on a mission.

Haynesworth is a beast. Holy crap. If he keeps this up...

Solder was good. For a rookie, in his first game, it was incredible.

Dowling surprised me. He was super competitive out there.

TE's awesome too.

One downside I saw was our game management on offense. Pretty weird. It was like me playing Madden on easy mode and killing the computer, accumulating yards, but never putting the game away because of bad game management.

:confused:

38 points

Impressive all around, although the defense was a bit worrisome at times...Brady was otherworldly tonight, and lets hope it continues...glad my close game prediction was wrong!

Dude, we gave up 400+ yards to Chad Henne. I don't care if he had to play catch up all game, that's unnacceptable. The word "good" should not be mentioned in the same sentece as "defense" today. Actually, the run defense was very solid, so the above basically applies to the pass defense only.

The red zone defense is a bigger exception to your dictum. That was great.

For all the passing yards they allowed, I didn't notice any glaring deficiencies in our safety play.

Well done by Solder playing out of position at RT. He's looking like a good draft choice.

My boy DMC let me down today, i mainly focused on him and his matchup on marshall tonight. I didn't expect DMC to shutout marshall but just to continue where he left off last season. Weak pass rush didn't help either, but he was frequnelty beaten and was even spun around when using press coverage against marshall. It's only week 1 but im hoping there's no sophmore jynx here.

To lighten things up i though't he played better in the redzone and should of had that pic as it was perfect coverage, o well tho. Any thoughts?

Props to ras-i for his debut and bodden on his return tho.

I only caught the fourth, but damn the d line looked good. Granted, miami had to throw the ball so they could just pub their ears back, but when was the last time you saw this d push the oline back two yards on a fourth and goal? Very happy with fat albert. Next to vince, that just isn't fair lol. Going to have to download the game and see what I missed. Ras-i looked good and mccourty did a good job on marshall from what I got to see...

Who is wearing 31? Those damn dreads made me think it was still merriweather for a minute. In any case, this defense, barring injury, is going to be unbelievable come week 16.

Also nice to see arrington playing de again lol. Didn't do too bad either, created pressure, even pushed mr. long into henne on one play, not bad.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Great game for us, there was a time after the interception and Koppen leaving that it seemed like momentum was going the other way but the guys were able to get a move on and put the game away. I liked that a lot.

Defense, against the pass, needs to improve big time. We were giving up big yardage right after scoring and allowing the dolphins to get into our half of the field far to easily.

It is a good thing that we have those two tight ends because our WRs are not cutting it. Branch got a good matchup against that backup corner that Brady milked to the max but other than that there wasn't much downfield action. Brady had tremendous time in the pocket but still wasn't able to fire downfield because our WRs are not good enough. Ochocinco needs to get a good game under his belt soon because his confidence is looking shaken, especially after being taken out after that penalty.

I know you guys are breaking down the game everywhere and feel free to move this. Just DVRd the game and instead some music channel was on auto record (never get verizon fios, they couldn't even inform me of that pre recording). Missed every snap and see Brady had 500, seriously he decides to be aggressive fr the first game I miss all decade.

Who started on D specifically at safety and what where the big moments? Why did the D give up 24? Sorry but I'm pissed and need some closure before school tomorrow, it's been 7 months and I miss Brady's best game yardage wise. I need to find a copy this week.

Barrett and Chung were in at safety. Dowling looked very impressive, at times stoning Marshall on critical pass plays. Solder and the entire OL played great. Koppen was hurt but Connolly stepped in and the Pats offense didn't skip a beat.

It is a good thing that we have those two tight ends because our WRs are not cutting it. Branch got a good matchup against that backup corner that Brady milked to the max but other than that there wasn't much downfield action. Brady had tremendous time in the pocket but still wasn't able to fire downfield because our WRs are not good enough. Ochocinco needs to get a good game under his belt soon because his confidence is looking shaken, especially after being taken out after that penalty.

What game were you watching? The tight ends are obviously a huge part of our offense now, but our receivers were doing more than well enough. Welker was slicing and dicing that fish defense. Branch had several key catches. Ocho wasn't much of a factor but that's hardly an indictment on the receivers, Brady racked up over 500 yards, what more do you want? Sheesh.

Last edited:

For all the passing yards they allowed, I didn't notice any glaring deficiencies in our safety play.

Thanks to Ras Dowling.

He looked smooth.

I've got to confess I'm a little worried.

This team looks exactly the same as last years. Maybe with a better D-Line.

Of course that team is still pretty good and will beat 25+ teams easily, but I don't know if we have enough to win it all.
I was expecting way more Ocho, I thought he could assume a role of stretching the D, although he has never been a deep threat, but he can do it.
I liked our defense, expect for Guyton and McCourty. Guyton just flat out sucks, I have no idea what he does on the field and neither does he. McCourty has to step up, if you want to be known as a shutdown corner, you have to close the gap to the reciever, or else, when youre facing the recievers as talented as Marshall but with better QB, you'll be burnt.

I like our team, and I expect it to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes