PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Titans POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am relieved that the game is over and that there was a positive result. That being said, I have changed my mood from "worried" to "cheerful."

I was worried only because I really hate opening up on the road. Strange things happen on opening days in the NFL.

But now, I will have six days to relax before getting worried again. :) I am, I suppose, a natural worrier.

I am relieved that the game is over and that there was a positive result. That being said, I have changed my mood from "worried" to "cheerful."

I was worried only because I really hate opening up on the road. Strange things happen on opening days in the NFL.

But now, I will have six days to relax before getting worried again. :) I am, I suppose, a natural worrier.

So you are our "Road Worrier".

Very impressed with the front seven in both aspects, but I was a little surprised that Ninkovich wasn't more creative with his pass rush. Overall we are big, strong, physical, and can maintain our gaps and control the point. The additions of Jones and Hightower gives our defense a "finished" look-- especially against the run.

Vince looks about five years younger out there- he might need to be drug tested. :). Just a stone cold beast- never slowed down and dominated one-to-one and had to be doubled. I just hope he can maintain his pace throughout the season.

Steven Ridley looks like Ricky Watters to me...same style.

I loved this win, a complete team win. Everything was balanced.

horrible...go stand in the corner...:nooo:

Thank you thank you, I'll be here all week.

Don't forget to tip your wait staff.

:D

...I think we can scrap your argument and just focus on what looked like significant improvement in this game.

Cold, caustic, and still highly accurate - good to see you aren't resting on the laurels after crossing 30K.

"They are who we thought they were!", to quote the famous line by Dennis Green. The Pats offense put up 30+ points on the board as usual and forced the Titans to play catchup all day. Ridley showed that he is ready to be our workhorse starter with an opening 20 carry 125 yard performance. Brady was in control as usual. And of course nobody had an answer to our stud tight ends who combined for 2 TD catches and over 110 yards receiving.

Meanwhile on the other side of the ball, the Pats excellent run D, anchored by Wilfork and Mayo stifled Chris Johnson and limited him to a subpar 4 yards on 11 carries performance. That's .36 ypc for those keeping track at home! The secondary looked much improved as Tavon Wilson and Chung put the statement hit of the game on Nate Washington. Wilson, the highly controversial 2nd round pick, also picked off a Kyle Arrington deflection. Chandler and Hightower combined for a sack, forced fumble, and TD return which are the definition of HIGH IMPACT defensive plays! And that's exactly why BB thought so highly of them that he moved up TWICE to secure those heady players in the 1st round.

On special teams, Mesko quietly had another solid day on the field, with 3 punts inside the 20, pinning the Titans and creating tangible field position advantage which the Pats offense capitalized on for short field scores. Forget about the net yardage average for the day, the Space Emperor of Space had a really good game and his booming leg is a certified ST weapon.

And do you know the scary part for the rest of the NFL? This isn't even the Pats at their best yet. And they blew the Titans out by 21 points. Oh yeah, I have a feeling that we are about to witness a MONSTER season by our beloved Pats! Watch out NFL! 2012, the Revenge Tour begins!

Steven Ridley looks like Ricky Watters to me...same style.

A buddy of mine and I said the exact same thing today. Very similar style

"They are who we thought they were!", to quote the famous line by Dennis Green. The Pats offense put up 30+ points on the board as usual and forced the Titans to play catchup all day.

The Patriots offense did not put up 30+ points, so you might want to edit that section of your post.

Amazing that we got through 131 posts with virtually no mention of Jerod Mayo. It seemed to me that #51 was EVERYWHERE today, usually stonewalling a ball carrier.

9 tackles/4 asst and a PD, pretty nice day at the office!

I think having different type passing threats and a running game is going to improve the play of the line more than any one player would. Quick, decisive, balanced attack is a good antidote.

Don't forget how far we went with a QB with training wheels and a waiver wire line in 2001.

Keep developing players and we'll have that depth.

This is an excellent point. We have such a diverse group of skill players,we could exploit a defense in any way, or conversely cover up any mismatch a defense presents to us by going away from it.

Amazing that we got through 131 posts with virtually no mention of Jerod Mayo. It seemed to me that #51 was EVERYWHERE today, usually stonewalling a ball carrier.

9 tackles/4 asst and a PD, pretty nice day at the office!
I loved what I saw from him today. Hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg from this front seven.

This was one of the most complete games the Pats have played in a long time, so hopefully there was just so much to gush about people forgot to mention the old reliable player in place of the shiny new toys. I'm beyond happy with everything I saw from the Pats today and I'm even more excited about the rest of the season.

Rather than looking at Lloyd as a deep threat, I'd say that he threatens middle-deep. His ability to threaten the outside between 15-30 yards downfield is huge. Both abilities are game changers because of the amount of field they open up.

I think he is effective with pretty much every route you want from a WR.
Today he caught short outs, he caught a 27 yard out that hasn't existed in our offense, he was wide open for a home run ball.
The combination of a WR who can do that and a TE in Gronk who can also threaten every part of the field, makes it difficult for a defense to choose what they want to expose.
Defense is about conservatively covering everything decently, or sacrificing one thing to overplay something else.
We are making it harder and harder for a D to be willing to sacrifice something.

This team did me proud today. Everyone has pretty much said it all regarding the win today. Defense and the running game were outstanding. Kudos to the oline and te's for helping Ridley look awesome today. Very pleased today to say the least.

I just wish we could score as many points as the AFCE leading Jets

Five things to be happy about on offensive side:

1-We had a running game! Holy crap, a running game!
2-Lloyd showed flashes of brilliance. Once he and Brady truly synch up, he will be a force.
3-Someone earlier in the thread was saying Welker wasn't a factor. This is silly. He was double-teamed much of the day, so while he may not have caught a lot of passes, he freed up Gronk, Hernandez, etc to get the ball.
4-Gronkowski made some gorgeous catches, some great blocks for Ridley, and was an all-around beast. Great to see him healthy again.
5-Brady was Brady. We are so dang lucky he is our QB. :youtheman:

Hightower is a stud. He will be a pro bowl caliber LB for a long time.
He just has football player written all over him,

He and Spikes together form just a seriously nasty pair of linebackers. Oh, and Mayo just makes plays all over the field (9 tackles). :D

I just wish we could score as many points as the AFCE leading Jets

yeah...I'm scared too...just read what Blart Scrote and Sanphonyo had to say....these jets are real big bad tough guys...and supremely skilled too...take their words for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes