PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Titans POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Lets post comment and observations ( no knee jerk reaction, I hope) about today's good win on this thread.

First I was impress by the play or the rookies, Hightower, Jones, and Wilson.

The OL played well with Solder doing a good job. To my eyes that sack that TFB got hurt was more on TFB than Solder. Cannon did a solid job, I don't remember when he came in for SeaBass, or why. Hope that SeaBass is not having issues again. Certainly Ridley looked real good.

This is an overall young team that has been rebuilt over the past 4 years and say what you want about BB's drafts, this team is solid.

T. Wilson

With an interception and 3 tackles, Wilson looked like he had a decent game. He played like a, well, how you expect a rookie second round draft pick to play. He made a couple of sure tackles and I am a lot more comfortable with him back there with him than I ever was with Sergio Brown or even Ihedigbo. A lot of so called experts drilled BB for drafting him so early. HA! They said the same thing about Ridley and Mankins and look how they turned out.

I know, I know! It's only one game, but I like what I saw from Wilson today.

Patriots @ Titans Post Game Thread:

It was a pretty good game. Offense looks good. Ridley looks like the real deal at RB. Brady was firing them left and right. Woulda been nice to see more touch on his passes instead of rockets, but it's only the first game.

I like the addition of Lloyd. Edelman didn't look out of place.

Solder only got beat the one time by Wimbley. Cannon did well subbing in for Vollmer.

Good:
Ridley - 21 carries for 126 yards and a TD
Lloyd - 5 Receptions for 69 yards
Rookies on Defense: 2 sacks, Interception, Forced Fumble, Fumble Recovery for a TD.
Cunningham: Kid looked good subbing in for Ninkovich and as an interior pass rusher next to Wilfork.

Bad:
The one series where the Titans went 80 yards in 1: 28.

UGLY:
Locker and Washington going down on the same play where the "fumble" was recovered/returned by Chung.

Connolly going down when he was playing FB on the Goal Line TD.

OTHER:
Refs - overall, they weren't any worse than the "normal" referees. They missed or ignored a lot of holding. Saw the Titan receivers holding like crazy.

Play-calling by McDaniels: Really good until he started getting too pass happy in the 3rd quarter.

Lets post comment and observations ( no knee jerk reaction, I hope) about today's good win on this thread.

First I was impress by the play or the rookies, Hightower, Jones, and Wilson.

The OL played well with Solder doing a good job. To my eyes that sack that TFB got hurt was more on TFB than Solder. Cannon did a solid job, I don't remember when he came in for SeaBass, or why. Hope that SeaBass is not having issues again. Certainly Ridley looked real good.

This is an overall young team that has been rebuilt over the past 4 years and say what you want about BB's drafts, this team is solid.

SeaBass was in and out a few times, but Cannon did take a majority of the snaps.

Connolly's injury (concussion) is the one I'm worried about. It may take any leverage that the Pats have with Waters away from them..

Re: Patriots @ Titans Post Game Thread:

Can only agree with the above really. Overall a good solid team performance by the lads.

Re: T. Wilson

He played extremely well. I posted it in so many threads today. I was really impressed by the kid. In fact, I think he was our best safety today. He even played some CB too, and he did adequately in that role as well. He was seldom out of place, like we saw last year with Barrett and Brown. I think he was our best safety today.

Let's also not forget that the other two rookies, JONES and HIGHTOWER both had really good games today as well. As far as I'm concerned, Jones looks like a veteran out there. If I didn't know he was rookie, I'd have guessed he's been in this league for quite some time.

That run defense...

Last edited:

awesome: up two scores with 9 minutes to go and used up most of the clock running the damn ball, and at least got a FG out of it, ending it.

Don't understand why Connolly was used as a FB (the play he got injured)
1) OL depth is pretty thin as it is
2) what good is the FB on the roster if he isn't used in an ideal FB blocking play

Hope his injury isn't too bad.

I feel at ease about not giving Wes a big deal.

I'm sure he'll still tear it up at some point. But he clearly isn't as important as he was a few years ago.

Well the new era of not giving up 150-200 yards in the waning minutes of the 4th quarter.............up 3 scores may be over.

Will patsfans.com handle by...........studying the defense when the game is being decided?

I thought Ras-I Dowling looked fairly handy. Stay injury free PLEASE!

That run defense...

Vince makes everyone around him 100% better. He should have been in the conversation for DPOY the last couple of seasons.

Re: T. Wilson

Oh come on!!!!!!!

Mel "Clueless" Kiper and Triumph and state and the D@$%&% Awry have never heard of him.

CUT HIM NOW!!!!!!!!

The defense overall and the rookies Chandler Hightower and Wilson were impressive. The defense looked faster, and swarmed to the ball on most occasions. the offensive play calling a fine mix of run and pass. And the pats stuck to the run, where as in the past the run was abandoned pretty quickly if there where just a couple of poor pickups.

PS like i said in the game thread i can't remember the pats having a DE with a combination of speed and strength like jones, that strip of the ball in the end zone was a thing of beauty

Last edited:

Don't understand why Connolly was used as a FB (the play he got injured)
1) OL depth is pretty thin as it is
2) what good is the FB on the roster if he isn't used in an ideal FB blocking play

Hope his injury isn't too bad.

I expect Hilliard to be let go. He was not good..
I'd rather see them bring in Jacob Hester or Ovie Mughelli, though they may need to use the spot on a C/G if Connolly is gonna be out for awhile.

Everything's pretty much been said, all around great performance.

One thing that hasn't been said (unless I missed it), ZERO turnovers today. Also we punted on 4th and 2 in Titans territory. Maybe a sign of having more faith in this defense than years' past we've tended to go for that more often than not.

Last edited:
I was most impressed with the run offense and defense. Both looked very impressive with the run defense being dominant.

I thought the passing game was OK but am not worried as they'll get better as the timing improves. The pass defense still gives up too many big plays over 20 yards. Gotta improve this stat moving forward.

I thought Ras-I Dowling looked fairly handy. Stay injury free PLEASE!

I think the CBs (other than Arrington) played a very good game. It was Arrington who let Washintong go when McCourty and Gregory already had players in their zone..

McCourty had 2 or 3 PDs (not sure how they count the one he dropped that woulda been an interception).

The tackling by the secondary was great... Best tackling they've done in a long time. I only saw ONE play where they just hit the player with their shoulder instead of fully wrapping up and that was along the sideline and it took the receiver OOBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes