PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Titans POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah...I'm scared too...just read what Blart Scrote and Sanphonyo had to say....these jets are real big bad tough guys...and supremely skilled too...take their words for it

Umm...they did sort of DESTROY the Bills today. The Jets will be tough on our secondary, I predict...but let's not get sidetracked.

Last edited:
Umm...they did sort of DESTROY the Bills today. The Jets will be tough on our secondary, I predict...but let's not get sidetracked.

The Bills are not a measuring stick. The Jets' longest drive was 61 yards; I'm not too worried as long as the Pats don't spot them 50yds per drive.

Also, it appears JMcD is using Edelman as the #3 WR

CJ Spiller...Buffalo RB...14 carries...169 yards...Jets front three DLmen ...3 tackles..1 each for Coples and Ellis...shared tackle for Wilkerson ...Buffalo got destroyed by their POS overpaid "QB"...

CJ Spiller...Buffalo RB...14 carries...169 yards...Jets front three DLmen ...3 tackles..1 each for Coples and Ellis...shared tackle for Wilkerson ...Buffalo got destroyed by their POS overpaid "QB"...

I have to admit I didn't see the game today, or even the highlights. :D

Jets will be tougher than last season, I predict. Thanksgiving game will be BRUTAL.

Maybe...with the Rats you never really know what the fiery inferno is going to happen...they cannot be happy with the play of their D line today, despite the success of their secondary. They have a major liability in Scott at LB and rookie Davis is invisible. Their O line protected well today...we will see if that carries over to the road in Pittsburgh.

Loads of good things to say about the team after this game (though the Jets probably feel the same way and the Bills don't)

Loved:
  • Run Defense
  • Third down defense seemed much improved
  • Running Offense
  • Brady's Arm strength is still impressive
  • Ridley - Running and Receiving
  • Offense is still trying to get synchronized -- gotta be a scary thought
  • Football has started
Confused
I just don't feel we should have a starting defender/CB returning kicks [McCourty]

On last return; Slater was actually bringing it out. Not sure if that was an intentional decision or just the kick went to his side of the field (?).

But if intentional; I would agree it makes more sense to have your gunner return kicks than a starting CB. So maybe BB came around.

I think since BB put our Olympian on ice that the KR position is going to remain a flex play-play decision until he finds someone he
a. trusts (pre-req of anybody he tries out back there)
b. who can make something happen routinely

Still smiling.

Plenty of time to worry about the Superbowl champions in Waiting Jets.

Man. THey're getting stoked about beating the Bills who oddly enough have shown that their QB isn't very good.

Last edited:
The Pats D baby...

workaholics-cookindance.gif

Now I have been a Pats fan for a long time. But this, hand it off to some guy behind Brady? What do you call him?

I think the Pats might have found the fabled running game.... :rocker:

Last edited:
Josh McDaniels is back, that was the best part of the offense for me. The offense looked good, and I also got the impression that there is a higher level that they can go to if they need to - they just didn't feel like going there today. Offensive line needs to be stronger.

On special teams, Mesko quietly had another solid day on the field, with 3 punts inside the 20, pinning the Titans and creating tangible field position advantage which the Pats offense capitalized on for short field scores. Forget about the net yardage average for the day, the Space Emperor of Space had a really good game and his booming leg is a certified ST weapon.

I didn't think that the Zoltan had a real good game yesterday. When we needed a bomb, he gave us a shank; and when we needed the coffin corner, he gave us a touchback.

Otherwise, I agree w/ the rest of your post.

I didn't think that the Zoltan had a real good game yesterday. When we needed a bomb, he gave us a shank; and when we needed the coffin corner, he gave us a touchback.

Otherwise, I agree w/ the rest of your post.

3 of 4 punts were inside the 20. The 4th was a TB (which doesn't count as inside the 20). What "shank" are you referring to?

That may have been the best bit of tackling I've seen by any team since the new rules were put in place. Text book Imo on how the league wants it and the Pat's made it look like good.

No, they gave up 273 yards. You're not counting Hasselbeck's yards.

You're right, I forget Hasselbeck's..

273 instead of 400+ like last year is a vast improvement..

The Bills did more to destroy the Bills than the Jets did with the 3 Interceptions, all of which were poor throws by Fitzpatrick.

The Jets RUN defense was HORRID. 169 yards on 15 carries or whatever it was that Spiller got..

That may have been the best bit of tackling I've seen by any team since the new rules were put in place. Text book Imo on how the league wants it and the Pat's made it look like good.
It was most certainly a clinic, which is very nice to see as it limits their exposure to 15yders and self-inflicted injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News