PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Colts POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto. It will be interesting to see what they do at WR in the off-season. Price is sort of an X-factor. Edelman is a nice story but what he brings to the table is limited. The Welker comparisons from last year were premature.

That route Edelman ran that he dropped the pass was his first play in the game. It was also the same route that Edelman ran against the Ravens when Ray Lewis almost decapitated him. You can tell Edelman was wary of getting destroyed by the way he turned his head around right away.

Half the disgruntled posters frantic that we didn't run the clock down, half frantic that we ran instead of passing. lol

So we put up some points and then played "not to lose" against Manning.

If you've watched Manning when behind, it's pretty damn easy to lose, so I prefer not to, which is what we did...not...do.

That route Edelman ran that he dropped the pass was his first play in the game. It was also the same route that Edelman ran against the Ravens when Ray Lewis almost decapitated him. You can tell Edelman was wary of getting destroyed by the way he turned his head around right away.

I'm not as down on the guy as some here are. I just think he's a JAG.

Meh. As the week wears on nobody will be talking about the Pats win. They'll be talking about Sanchize and the Jets. Costas did 2 minutes slobbering all over Rex and Sanchez' knob tonight. King will follow that up with 1,000 words on how awesome they are with multiple Fireman Ed references.

In other words, just the way we like it. ;)

Haha, I'm sure. Speaking of Fireman Ed, I went to the Pats-Jets week 2 and he doesn't get hoisted up on his friend's shoulders anymore. He stands on the edge of the stands (which isn't very wide). The Jets fan I was with and I were talking about how he will definitely fall off one of these days. I don't think the Jets can afford to lose someone so valuable to the team right now.

Haha, I'm sure. Speaking of Fireman Ed, I went to the Pats-Jets week 2 and he doesn't get hoisted up on his friend's shoulders anymore. He stands on the edge of the stands (which isn't very wide). The Jets fan I was with and I were talking about how he will definitely fall off one of these days. I don't think the Jets can afford to lose someone so valuable to the team right now.

I did see him up on someone's shoulders at one point today (which is hopelessly gay). But yeah he is going to fall at some point especially since you know he's downing a few adult beverages during the games. As much of an asshat as that guy is I'd hate to see him seriously injured which seems like a forgone conclusion at this point.

That's the kiss of death. :bricks:

Since he called the Seahawks the best team in the NFC, they've gone 1-3 while being outscored 126 to 65.

I cannot believe that you - no, that anybody - took the time to compile that stat

Re: Horrendous play calling in 2nd half

Agree with most of you. It's a fluke win. It was a diseaster in the making. A recurring nightmare of losing 3 score leads to Colts. Coaches almost blew it and wasted a magnificent effort by the entire team.

The coaching and play calling is to blame. At crunch time offense went run heavy and got stalled. Against a depleted defense with no secondary. Brady was picking them apart; and we chose to run/run/3rd and long/punt??? We needed first downs not 30 seconds off the clock and punt when there were 2-3 minutes left.

Defense played prevent. Another BB disaster. Why not occasionally blitz a LB down middle or CB/S off the edge? It's not Matt Patricia, it's BB. This prevent crap has gone on throughout his tenure.

BTW, let's prey for Hobbs.

If the Jets place Fireman Ed on IR, do they get to use his roster sport on another annoying mascot, or do they have to go without for the rest of the season? :p

I just got in from the game and the Pro Tailgate Party...uh...the Pats led from start to finish...am I correct???...i thought THAT is what I saw in person, but reading a few of these threads I'm beginning to wonder if I attended the game in an alternate universe. I was in 112 close up and Brady was STEAMED that Edelman dropped that easy TD and belive me, in real time, that was STILL an easy catch...it hit his hands...gotta make that play especially in a Pats/Colts game.

If I never see another prevent , 2 deep safety shell it will still be too soon for me. Worst strategy in actuality ever.

If the Jets place Fireman Ed on IR, do they get to use his roster sport on another annoying mascot, or do they have to go without for the rest of the season? :p

Mark Sanchez will be QB and mascot since he did such a good job running down the field as if he were a airplane

But he should have caught the ball. He might have gotten killed but still, he is paid to catch the ball.

I cannot believe that you - no, that anybody - took the time to compile that stat

I know :violent:

There's no real good excuse here. All I can say is that Dungy comment floored me, and I can't get it out of my head since he said it.

Woodhead: Targets 4, Completions 4
Gronkowski: Targets 1, Completions 1
Hernandez: Targets 1, Completions 1, 1 TD
BJGE: Targets 1, Completions 1

In the last 2 weeks, Brady and Palmer were 25-26 for 187 yards and 2 TDs against the Colts when throwing to TEs and RBs. It is beyond baffling why the Pats didn't recognize this in the 2nd half. Brady went almost exclusively to Branch and Welker. I'm more inclined to put that on Brady than the play-calling, but either way I hope everyone learned a valuable lesson on pressing an advantage until the opponent proves they can stop it.

The offensive play calling with Charlie Weiss would have gained a couple more 1st downs and closed these games out. Our great offense suddenly could not do anything right in last 5 minutes. Time to get rid of the bush-league OC.

I said all game to my friends I wouldn't feel comfortable until the clock hit 0:00 and I was dead right.

Lucky for us there is only one Manning and hopefully they won't have to see him again this year.

I just got in from the game and the Pro Tailgate Party...uh...the Pats led from I was in 112 close up and Brady was STEAMED that Edelman dropped that easy TD and belive me, in real time, that was STILL an easy catch...it hit his hands...gotta make that play especially in a Pats/Colts game.
If Edelman drops passes on a consistent basis, he'll find himself on the unemployment line real fast.

They would sign one of our Minutemen and put them on the practice squad.

But he should have caught the ball. He might have gotten killed but still, he is paid to catch the ball.
Wes Welker recovered from the Ryan Clark hit.

This was great team win. The fact that it took a great pick by James Sanders to seal the deal was classic Pats. Watching the game I got memories of Colts/Pats in 2003 when Wille made that tackle on the goal line. Once again big win. GO PATS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back