PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Colts POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edelman was not supposed to stop. This is the hi-low drag play they run out of the trips left or right posse against under zones. He ran the low drag to pull the backers coverage down and Welker took the top but unfortunately Angerer who was in under zone and thus picked up Edelman, read Brady all the way and knew Welker was the target (or he did his homework in the video room). Brady in one of his rare moments sold the play with his eyes. You can see this all the way in the first slow motion clip they showed from the end zone camera after the play elapsed.

Edelman was never the target- he isn't anywhere near the down marker. Welker is over it.

Went back to look at this and I can confirm at this point that Angerer was playing star not will, so it was his job to read eyes and break on the ball so he wasn't really going to follow Edelman.

Went back to look at this and I can confirm at this point that Angerer was playing star not will, so it was his job to read eyes and break on the ball so he wasn't really going to follow Edelman.

this is absolutely correct...what I heard post game was wrong and going back and viewing the DVR in slo mo confirms that Edelman ran the correct drag route...so DaB and Psycho, all I can say is thanks for the education. I think I may have been jaundiced post game towards Edelman because he dropped that easy TD at the goal line. Once again, excellent analysis shows why THIS is the pre-eminent football fan board in the universe.

Wow, maybe you should refrain from spewing pointless sarcasm unless you're actually making a coherent point. :nono:

I get it--you're offended that a Patriots fan has the gall to try to be objective when it comes comparing the way Manning and Brady are currently playing, and say that Manning is the more talented QB right now.

I've said several times that Brady's biggest strength this year has been in not turning the ball over, and I'll take that any day of the week. But do you really think Brady is capable of shredding a defense in crunch time like we saw Manning do if he was working with the Colts' current offensive players?

I know objectivity isn't exacly your strong suit Andy, so that's a rhetorical question more than anything else.
Brady has shredded defenses many times without making it pointless by throwing a game losing Int. Actually Brady shredded the Colts for most of this game without throwing Ints.
You seriously are commending a day where a QB leads 4 TD drives and throws Ints on 3 others.
You fantasy football limited knowledge somehow thinks those pretty yardage statistics are more important than winning. I would hope you don't think I am objective if that is your definition of objectivity.

While Cunningham is getting much deserved credit for the pressure on Manning (the decision was horrific but Cunningham turned the throw into a punt), nobody is talking about the fact that Cunningham was tackled on that play. Cunningham clears the edge as Manning is about to begin his throw...and then Diem locks his right arm and takes him to the ground.

If you aren't going to call holding on that play, you just aren't going to call it. I don't know why the officials seem intent on reinforcing the "Manning Comeback" narrative, but it is really hard to dismiss at this point. When your offense is able to hold, your receivers get flags on any contact while your DBs never have to worry about illegal contact or PI...well it makes a comeback almost inevitable.

It really puts the Pats at a severe disadvantage to be up big in the 2nd half (as crazy as that sounds). In a close game, the officials don't have the opportunity to get caught up in the comeback frenzy. Any calls (or non-calls) would not be seen as THE call that changed the whole flow of the game.

Give the Pats (and Cunningham in particular) credit for coming up big in a huge spot. Give Manning all the blame since that decision was borderline incompetent. Even if the throw wasn't altered, McCourty had Garcon blanketed and would have been in good position to break up the pass. Of course he would have had to do it without brushing, bumping or otherwise upsetting Garcon.

It wasn't just that particular play. The Colts were getting away with some pretty blatent holding calls all game long.

Wow, maybe you should refrain from spewing pointless sarcasm unless you're actually making a coherent point. :nono:

I get it--you're offended that a Patriots fan has the gall to try to be objective when it comes comparing the way Manning and Brady are currently playing, and say that Manning is the more talented QB right now.

I've said several times that Brady's biggest strength this year has been in not turning the ball over, and I'll take that any day of the week. But do you really think Brady is capable of shredding a defense in crunch time like we saw Manning do if he was working with the Colts' current offensive players?

I know objectivity isn't exacly your strong suit Andy, so that's a rhetorical question more than anything else.

Lets review this "awe inspiring" perforance that led you to conclude that Manning is CLEARLY better than Tom Brady, the Tom Brady who completed 17 of 19 passess to build a 28-14 lead.
I just you were impressed by the comeback that failed to win the game?

The last 4 Colts drives had 2 TD drives and 2 Manning Ints. I don't see AWE INPIRING there.
But lets look inside those drives.

The first was a 7 plays 73 yard drive. 43 of them were on the ground. Manning completed 4 passes for 30 yards. Wow, there must not be any other QB in the NFL who could take a team on a 73 yard drive with 43 of them on the ground agaist a defense protecting a 17 point lead with 10 minutes left.

On the other he completed 6 passes for 60 yards. Very nice drive, but that is the job of a QB. It is not otherwordly for a QB to have 2 good drives out of 4. It is devastating to your chances to win when you fall behind 17 points and throw 2 ints in your last 4 drives.

So your statistic loving, fantasy football evaluation techniques that put you in awe and think the QB responsible for making the plays that lost the game proved he was better than the QB who made the ones that won it leave a lot to be desired.

Brady shreds the defenses in the first 3 quarters of games so he can take the 4th quarter off. Lately, brady hasn't needed to do a single thing in "crunch time" but apparently you must not have been a fan before 2009 if you think he can't.

Brady has been one of the most efficient QBs, if not THE most efficient QB in the NFL this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes