PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Colts POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win, however I think I got stomach ulcer from watching that last ten minutes of the game ! Phew, thanks Cunningham for that great pressure on Manning, and thanks Sanders for that great interception. Game finished here just after 3am, but didn't sleep till 5am, kept thinking about that last drive and how it could have ended. Thanks God. After the pain of last year I coudnt and woudnt have taken a loss in identical circumstances . However this win will now transform our already great season to another level. A level of where the players now have the confidence that they can go all the way. We needed that win for just that, Confidence. Now is the time. GO PATS.

I just didn't have a stomach of steel for this one. I turned it off when they pulled w/in 3 and followed the game via the game thread instead. I was taping the game so I was able to watch what I missed after I knew the outcome.

Not one of my most stellar keep-the-faith moves as a fan, but I have already had a terrible weekend and just couldn't bear the end of this game.

Last edited:
I missed the 1st quarter and 1/2 and Manning's two picks; you obviously were preoccupied with something else in the fourth when Manning's passes were so pinpoint it's hardly describable.

Two plays in a row on our last "drive"--Brady gets a pass rusher bearing down on him and starting to jump and makes no effort to sidestep it--just gives up an easy batted pass. Next play, he throws it into a Colt's LB's breadbasket 5 yards off the LOS with no Pats receiver in sight. Should have been the end of the game there. Can't imagine what he was seeing.

As I've said before,Brady HAS been exceptional in limiting turnovers, and that's the most important thing a QB can do. But seriously--Brady's and Manning's accuracy and preparation/lack thereof are not even comparable at this point in the year.

Brady is allowed to suck every now and then--just not when it counts the most--just not in that situation. Like the rest of the team, he totally took his foot off the gas pedal, which is a death sentence against Indy.

Are you kidding me??? Seriously, are you ******* kidding me???

Brady DESTROYED the Colts for 50 minutes of that game while Manning made two boneheaded throws that put his team in a hole.

Than Edelman drops a TD pass and Brady has ONE bad misfire the whole game and you come here telling me their accuracy and preparation is not even comparable?? Are you insane???? Manning also threw a horrible pass just out of Mayo's reach with no Colts receivers around that bounced of Jerod's hands, and also made another terrible decision on a quick screen and McCourty bobbled the easy pick.

So Manning gets credit for almost coming out of the hole he dug himself, but you chastise Brady for his only mistake of the night? Get a clue, douchebag.

Last edited:
I missed the 1st quarter and 1/2 and Manning's two picks; you obviously were preoccupied with something else in the fourth when Manning's passes were so pinpoint it's hardly describable.

Two plays in a row on our last "drive"--Brady gets a pass rusher bearing down on him and starting to jump and makes no effort to sidestep it--just gives up an easy batted pass. Next play, he throws it into a Colt's LB's breadbasket 5 yards off the LOS with no Pats receiver in sight. Should have been the end of the game there. Can't imagine what he was seeing.

As I've said before,Brady HAS been exceptional in limiting turnovers, and that's the most important thing a QB can do. But seriously--Brady's and Manning's accuracy and preparation/lack thereof are not even comparable at this point in the year.

Brady is allowed to suck every now and then--just not when it counts the most--just not in that situation. Like the rest of the team, he totally took his foot off the gas pedal, which is a death sentence against Indy.

OK

What village lost it's idiot?

Manning threw THREE (3),(III) picks. One lost the game.

Preparation? 3 picks is preparing? accurate? 3 picks?

Maybe this guy is auditioning for a job as a mediot. That's the only explanation for "thinking" like this. Show you are dumb enough for an ESPN paycheck.

no..it was exactly what I just posted, and it was covered in the post interview on EEI last night.

Really? Because if you actually watched the play, you'd have seen Wes looking for the pass right behind Hagler.. That pass was intended for Welker, not Edelman..

:eek::ugh::nooo:

yeah ,I watched it on my DVR when I got back from the game...Brady's arm was in motion as Edelman crossed in front of the LB...look at it again...on the post game show the question was brought up and explained by one of the participants.THAT is all I'm relaying here...what I HEARD post game from a source on EEI asked specifically about that play. Real time from the stands it sure looked like a bad pass.

yeah ,I watched it on my DVR when I got back from the game...Brady's arm was in motion as Edelman crossed in front of the LB...look at it again...on the post game show the question was brought up and explained by one of the participants.THAT is all I'm relaying here...what I HEARD post game from a source on EEI asked specifically about that play. Real time from the stands it sure looked like a bad pass.

I did look at it again.. And if you actually DID, you'd see Welker right where the ball would have been if LB hadn't been there. On that play, Edelman moving across would normally cause the LB to go with him.. The LB chose not to follow Edelman. The replay from behind Brady CLEARLY shows Welker behind the LB right where the ball would have ended up.

Tom Brady's inconsistency is becoming troubling, while Manning was awe-inspiring with his accuracy, etc. until the game-ending choke. Whether you use number of rings, post season record, etc. it doesn't matter--Manning is clearly the better QB right now.
I do not know if you have even bothered watching the New England Patriots last two games.

Playing not to lose is something you hate to see, but part of growing pains for this young team. Once more, we did not see 60 minutes of football and unless that happens we are not going to Dallas.

Who is playing 60 minute football right now, though? Eagles, Falcons maybe? No one in the AFC. We've beaten all the other AFC contenders (save for the Jets, which hopefully we tidy that up two weeks from today...).

As for not playing 60 minutes and winning the SB - we're now 3-1 in SBs in which our defense under Belichick has collapsed in the 4th quarter. The only difference is 3 times Brady had the last meaningful possession, and the most recent, Goober 2.0 did, instead.

Last edited:
Great win, only thing is I wish there was better play calling to burn out more clock in these situations, instead of just netting a couple of yards then punting.

I did look at it again.. And if you actually DID, you'd see Welker right where the ball would have been if LB hadn't been there. On that play, Edelman moving across would normally cause the LB to go with him.. The LB chose not to follow Edelman. The replay from behind Brady CLEARLY shows Welker behind the LB right where the ball would have ended up.

and if Edelman STOPPED like he was supposed to, as explained post game, the ball would have hit his hands in FRONT of that LB. If that ball was meant for Welker it would have been up higher, not chest high where it hit the LB'er. I'm assuming I have the same game recording you do and I see what you mean but YOU don't seem to want to believe what I HEARD post game. Fine. You win.

The only complaint I really have about this team is that they seem to take their foot off the gas way too much. I want us goin back to 2007 days when we never stopped trying to score until it was a billion to one shot of the other team comin back.

While Cunningham is getting much deserved credit for the pressure on Manning (the decision was horrific but Cunningham turned the throw into a punt), nobody is talking about the fact that Cunningham was tackled on that play. Cunningham clears the edge as Manning is about to begin his throw...and then Diem locks his right arm and takes him to the ground.

If you aren't going to call holding on that play, you just aren't going to call it. I don't know why the officials seem intent on reinforcing the "Manning Comeback" narrative, but it is really hard to dismiss at this point. When your offense is able to hold, your receivers get flags on any contact while your DBs never have to worry about illegal contact or PI...well it makes a comeback almost inevitable.

It really puts the Pats at a severe disadvantage to be up big in the 2nd half (as crazy as that sounds). In a close game, the officials don't have the opportunity to get caught up in the comeback frenzy. Any calls (or non-calls) would not be seen as THE call that changed the whole flow of the game.

Give the Pats (and Cunningham in particular) credit for coming up big in a huge spot. Give Manning all the blame since that decision was borderline incompetent. Even if the throw wasn't altered, McCourty had Garcon blanketed and would have been in good position to break up the pass. Of course he would have had to do it without brushing, bumping or otherwise upsetting Garcon.

While Cunningham is getting much deserved credit for the pressure on Manning (the decision was horrific but Cunningham turned the throw into a punt), nobody is talking about the fact that Cunningham was tackled on that play. Cunningham clears the edge as Manning is about to begin his throw...and then Diem locks his right arm and takes him to the ground.

If you aren't going to call holding on that play, you just aren't going to call it. I don't know why the officials seem intent on reinforcing the "Manning Comeback" narrative, but it is really hard to dismiss at this point. When your offense is able to hold, your receivers get flags on any contact while your DBs never have to worry about illegal contact or PI...well it makes a comeback almost inevitable.

It really puts the Pats at a severe disadvantage to be up big in the 2nd half (as crazy as that sounds). In a close game, the officials don't have the opportunity to get caught up in the comeback frenzy. Any calls (or non-calls) would not be seen as THE call that changed the whole flow of the game.

Give the Pats (and Cunningham in particular) credit for coming up big in a huge spot. Give Manning all the blame since that decision was borderline incompetent. Even if the throw wasn't altered, McCourty had Garcon blanketed and would have been in good position to break up the pass. Of course he would have had to do it without brushing, bumping or otherwise upsetting Garcon.

That's not just the Colts...holding rarely gets called on the last minute drives. The NFL wants excitement, and a team "getting screwed" on a holding penalty with 45 seconds left is not good for buisness.

The "2 minute drill" has gone from what seperates the great QB's from the good ones, to a weekly exercise in lacadasical officiating.

Lets be honest here.I am sure everyone here thought we was gonna lose that ballgame on that last manning drive.We got away with one and sometime its better to be lucky then good.Once again this damn coaching staff gets conservative holding a big league!It seems like it happens in every second half of the ball game.They where very flat in that second half and sitting on a big lead.Someone needs to tell BB and O'Brien that football is 4 quarters and no lead is safe especially against a guy like Manning!

Last edited:
To the people complaining about the Pats not dominating the colts. Only a few times have we just wiped the floor with him. Probably 2-3 times at most. One of the greatest games in all of modern Patriots history was what NFL films called "The longest Yard". When McGinest was table to do that amazing TFL on fourth down on the goal line with seconds left. As much as we hate Manning, he's an icredible QB and he's very very hard to stop. It was not pure luck by the defense that we did, it was well earned.

and if Edelman STOPPED like he was supposed to, as explained post game, the ball would have hit his hands in FRONT of that LB. If that ball was meant for Welker it would have been up higher, not chest high where it hit the LB'er. I'm assuming I have the same game recording you do and I see what you mean but YOU don't seem to want to believe what I HEARD post game. Fine. You win.
Well if Edelman did not run the correct route, then it's time for Edelman to spend some time on the deactivated list. Dropped passes and bad route running is not what Tom Brady needs right now.

To the people complaining about the Pats not dominating the colts. Only a few times have we just wiped the floor with him. Probably 2-3 times at most. One of the greatest games in all of modern Patriots history was what NFL films called "The longest Yard". When McGinest was table to do that amazing TFL on fourth down on the goal line with seconds left. As much as we hate Manning, he's an icredible QB and he's very very hard to stop. It was not pure luck by the defense that we did, it was well earned.

Yes, but the offense's failure to convert in the 4th quarter really doesn't help. All we needed was to sustain one drive and we win the game. Instead we put Manning in position to almost have 3 scores in the last 8 minutes.

Yes, but the offense's failure to convert in the 4th quarter really doesn't help. All we needed was to sustain one drive and we win the game. Instead we put Manning in position to almost have 3 scores in the last 8 minutes.

Oh, I absolutely agree with the fact that the offense basically rolled over in the fourth. I'm just saying the defense did well, all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back