PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Colts POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wes Welker recovered from the Ryan Clark hit.

Wes Welker also recovered from a torn ACL in three months. He is a freak and a violation of natural laws. This man dragged himself backwards on his bum to take a shower. If that is refusing to quit, I don't know what is.

I was on the verge of tears on that last drive, thinking no way we were going to stop that pink forehead douche.

my god that INT saved my nerves.

Woodhead: Targets 4, Completions 4
Gronkowski: Targets 1, Completions 1
Hernandez: Targets 1, Completions 1, 1 TD
BJGE: Targets 1, Completions 1

In the last 2 weeks, Brady and Palmer were 25-26 for 187 yards and 2 TDs against the Colts when throwing to TEs and RBs. It is beyond baffling why the Pats didn't recognize this in the 2nd half. Brady went almost exclusively to Branch and Welker. I'm more inclined to put that on Brady than the play-calling, but either way I hope everyone learned a valuable lesson on pressing an advantage until the opponent proves they can stop it.

So many of those throws (like the one to Gronk) happen on play-action.

The Patriots did very little play-action in the second half.

They threw from an empty backfield a few times.

Now, you can't complain too much about this, because the Woodhead TD was off a shotgun delay.

I swear some people can't enjoy a win here on this board for more than 5 minutes...

This win was huge. I'm happy as hell, but irritated at the same time. I had a big stack on the Pats -3 :mad:

But even worse, the Colts definitely were going to come back and score the game winning TD after we dominated them almost the entire game. A definite pattern has emerged against the Colts and I'm sick of it. But thank you James Sanders--that play is as good as it gets.

Tom Brady's inconsistency is becoming troubling, while Manning was awe-inspiring with his accuracy, etc. until the game-ending choke. Whether you use number of rings, post season record, etc. it doesn't matter--Manning is clearly the better QB right now.

Passive D in the fourth wasn't an issue--when we blitzed, horseface had all the answers. Not much more the D could have done. The chickensh!t unnecessary roughness on TBC was a typical Colts gimme call IMO. Some things are so predictible you can set your watch by them.

The offense was great and the defense was good for 50 minutes, until a complete collapse. This is a great win and the Patriots vastly outplayed the Colts for the majority of the game. Of course, it almost led to thousands of heart attacks, but we pulled it off and that's, ultimately, what matters.

People forget that this too was the story of our 4 superbowl trips...3 of which we won by a FG...2 of which came in the closing seconds... And none of those teams had a QB who could even sniff Paymeaton's jock...including his doofus kid brother.

Last edited:
People forget that this too was the story of our 4 superbowl trips...3 of which we won by a FG...2 of which came in the closing seconds... And none of those teams had a QB who could even sniff Paymeaton's jock...including his doofus kid brother.

What about Kurt Warner?

What about Kurt Warner?
He was certainly the best of a less than awe inspiring bunch. He happened to be in the midst of one of his two great years with the Rams that were sandwiched around several backup level seasons before he had two good to very good seasons to no avail on a pass happy receiver loaded AZ team. Consistency wise he's not in the same area code as Manning or Brady. Any more than Eli or the dry heaver or poor old emotional Delhomme are. Lots of guys have their moments...

He was certainly the best of a less than awe inspiring bunch. He happened to be in the midst of one of his two great years with the Rams that were sandwiched around several backup level seasons before he had two good to very good seasons to no avail on a pass happy receiver loaded AZ team. Consistency wise he's not in the same area code as Manning or Brady. Any more than Eli or the dry heaver or poor old emotional Delhomme are. Lots of guys have their moments...

Warner got into a rut for a while after the Pats ruined his MVP season. But he revived in Arizona and was consistently among the top QB's in the league while playing there. I agree on the inconsistency. Warner wasn't always great, but he was great more often than Eli and Delhomme.

Career QB rating of 93.7. 2 NFL MVP's, 1 Super Bowl MVP, 3 Super Bowl appearances, 4 Pro Bowls. Warner doesn't belong in the same discussion as Brady or Peyton, but I don't think Eli or Delhomme are in the same class as Warner either.

There's also that McNabb guy, but I don't know WTF to think about him.

Tom Brady's inconsistency is becoming troubling, while Manning was awe-inspiring with his accuracy, etc. until the game-ending choke. Whether you use number of rings, post season record, etc. it doesn't matter--Manning is clearly the better QB right now.

Yeah, but what does your seeing eye dog think?

Manning threw 3 interceptions in this one game. Tom Brady has thrown a total of 4 interceptions all season.

In this game Manning's rating was 96.3 and Brady's was 123.1

Brady is and remains the better qb.

This win was huge. I'm happy as hell, but irritated at the same time. I had a big stack on the Pats -3 :mad:

But even worse, the Colts definitely were going to come back and score the game winning TD after we dominated them almost the entire game. A definite pattern has emerged against the Colts and I'm sick of it. But thank you James Sanders--that play is as good as it gets.

Passive D in the fourth wasn't an issue--when we blitzed, horseface had all the answers. Not much more the D could have done. The chickensh!t unnecessary roughness on TBC was a typical Colts gimme call IMO. Some things are so predictible you can set your watch by them.
'

Incredible, it's as if some of you watch these games in an alternate universe...:bricks:

'

Incredible, it's as if some of you watch these games in an alternate universe...:bricks:

Admit it, Brady was horrible.

76% completion...19 of 25 for 186 yards and a pair touchdowns and no interceptions for a quarterback rating of 123.1.

What a bum.

'

I missed the 1st quarter and 1/2 and Manning's two picks; you obviously were preoccupied with something else in the fourth when Manning's passes were so pinpoint it's hardly describable.

Two plays in a row on our last "drive"--Brady gets a pass rusher bearing down on him and starting to jump and makes no effort to sidestep it--just gives up an easy batted pass. Next play, he throws it into a Colt's LB's breadbasket 5 yards off the LOS with no Pats receiver in sight. Should have been the end of the game there. Can't imagine what he was seeing.

As I've said before,Brady HAS been exceptional in limiting turnovers, and that's the most important thing a QB can do. But seriously--Brady's and Manning's accuracy and preparation/lack thereof are not even comparable at this point in the year.

Brady is allowed to suck every now and then--just not when it counts the most--just not in that situation. Like the rest of the team, he totally took his foot off the gas pedal, which is a death sentence against Indy.

I missed the 1st quarter and 1/2 and Manning's two picks; you obviously were preoccupied with something else in the fourth when Manning's passes were so pinpoint it's hardly describable.

Two plays in a row on our last "drive"--Brady gets a pass rusher bearing down on him and starting to jump and makes no effort to sidestep it--just gives up an easy batted pass. Next play, he throws it into a Colt's LB's breadbasket 5 yards off the LOS with no Pats receiver in sight. Should have been the end of the game there. Can't imagine what he was seeing.

As I've said before,Brady HAS been exceptional in limiting turnovers, and that's the most important thing a QB can do. But seriously--Brady's and Manning's accuracy and preparation/lack thereof are not even comparable at this point in the year.Brady is allowed to suck every now and then--just not when it counts the most--just not in that situation. Like the rest of the team, he totally took his foot off the gas pedal, which is a death sentence against Indy.

Too bad you missed the first quarter because our first drive was great. Brady didn't suck today. He played great until the last 2 drives when the whole team, particularly the playcallers, inexplicably went to sleep and almost cost themselves the game. I don't know what you are talking about with regard to Brady vs. Manning in accuracy and preparation. Brady has 2 losses and Manning has 4. Today Brady had no picks and Manning had 3, one of which DID cost his team the game.

That interception was a gift. Would anyone have been surprised if Reggie had pulled in a 30 yard touchdown reception instead? Why do we put ourselves in these situations. :mad:

Don't tell me we shortened the 4th quarter. Colts almost had enough time for three scores. 3&out and 1 first down possessions do nothing except give the other offense a chance to win against our poor defense.

As I've said before,Brady HAS been exceptional in limiting turnovers, and that's the most important thing a QB can do. But seriously--Brady's and Manning's accuracy and preparation/lack thereof are not even comparable at this point in the year.

Brady is allowed to suck every now and then--just not when it counts the most--just not in that situation. Like the rest of the team, he totally took his foot off the gas pedal, which is a death sentence against Indy.

Manning threw 3 picks, including 1 "when it counts", and he also had 2 picks dropped.

Brady and Manning have the exact same completion % im pretty sure. Brady also had to play Baltimore and completely shredded Pitt. He also played against the #1 ranked defense in SD and at the Jets.

Manning has faced Houston twice, NE, JAC, and Denver. Those are some stellar defenses! Manning should have near 70% completion and 0 ints with the pass defenses he's played.

Next play, he throws it into a Colt's LB's breadbasket 5 yards off the LOS with no Pats receiver in sight. Should have been the end of the game there. Can't imagine what he was seeing.

yeah...really...go off half cokked much? Edelman blew the route...it was a crossing pattern and he was supposed to stop over the middle ...instead he kept crossing well out of the intended play. A busted route. Sure it looks bad when the play is effed up but that was on Edelman NOT Brady....but go crazy with your blind hatred for whatever reason....maybe the Pats can replace Brady with Jamarcus Russell to make you feel better.

Last edited:
Edelman blew the route...it was a crossing pattern and he was supposed to stop over the middle ...instead he kept crossing well out of the intended play. A busted route.

That's not how I saw it - it looked like TB was throwing to Welker about 5-10 yards past the Edelman route. Edelman crossed toward the right, and the LB covering him stopped right in the line of TB's intended throw. Brady really stared that throw down - maybe the LB was peeking into the backfield?

That's not how I saw it - it looked like TB was throwing to Welker about 5-10 yards past the Edelman route. Edelman crossed toward the right, and the LB covering him stopped right in the line of TB's intended throw. Brady really stared that throw down - maybe the LB was peeking into the backfield?

no..it was exactly what I just posted, and it was covered in the post interview on EEI last night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back