PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Colts POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is always (read: ALWAYS) good to beat Peyton Manning / Polian & the Colts. Sweet victory. Rub it in all those bandwagoners faces. Drink some more whiskey for this one. Enjoy it!!!!!!

I never had a doubt!

(After Sanders got that INT)

I'll gladly back off labeling their first quarter performance as manhandling, but my point is the D is playing well enough, and as you admit there is no team really playing much better than NE right now.

So just sit back and enjoy a quality win, regardless of how it went down in the fourth. As someone else said, this was pretty much the D's MO in three SB wins: play pretty well, bend in the fourth, but come up with game clinching play (Willie Mac stuffing edge on goal line says hi).

Of course we'd all prefer if the D and O had put the game away earlier, but the Colts are a worthy adversary who coincidently get paid too, so let's just enjoy this one and hope the team doesn't lay a Cleveland-sized turkey on Thursday.

It's simply amazing how patsfans.com is so fickle.

During the Moss era, everyone whines about not having grind 'em out wins and how "blowouts" and stretching the field sucked.

Now we are back with dink n dunk and cardiac wins and still constant complaints.

I'll gladly back off labeling their first quarter performance as manhandling, but my point is the D is playing well enough, and as you admit there is no team really playing much better than NE right now.

So just sit back and enjoy a quality win, regardless of how it went down in the fourth. As someone else said, this was pretty much the D's MO in three SB wins: play pretty well, bend in the fourth, but come up with game clinching play (Willie Mac stuffing edge on goal line says hi).

Of course we'd all prefer if the D and O had put the game away earlier, but the Colts are a worthy adversary who coincidently get paid too, so let's just enjoy this one and hope the team doesn't lay a Cleveland-sized turkey on Thursday.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be happier where the team is right now (as I tried to point out). No I don't expect the team to be perfect in November but I'm just pointing out where we can improve, I'm confident the defense will be alot better 2 months from now. Alot of the problems we have our very fixable. Small adjustments that can go a long way.

I think when the other team has the ball on our 40 with about 30 seconds left and just 1 timeout, we should be able to hold them to 3 points, if you just make your tackles and keep the ball in front of you. I think that when you're up by 17 with 10 minutes left you should make the other team take 4-5 minutes off the clock to get that first td to cut it to 10, and on offense you should milk every second you can. Continue making mistakes like this against a great team and it could bite us next time. That's all I'm saying and people take it like I am complaining. But like I said I'm confident we will be better next time out.

Edelman had a key drop in the fourth quarter near the goal line.

3-6-IND 7 (10:32) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to 11-J.Edelman.
How does that conflict with the fact that he barely played and it is wrong to consider him the starter?
The 4th WR on the depth chart does get some snaps too.

I think when the other team has the ball on our 40 with about 30 seconds left and just 1 timeout, we should be able to hold them to 3 points, if you just make your tackles and keep the ball in front of you. I think that when you're up by 17 with 10 minutes left you should make the other team take 4-5 minutes off the clock to get that first td to cut it to 10, and on offense you should milk every second you can. Continue making mistakes like this against a great team and it could bite us next time. That's all I'm saying and people take it like I am complaining. But like I said I'm confident we will be better next time out.

I agree with this when you're playing a team like Cincy, or even Pitt, and the D pretty much did exactly what you asked in those games. But Manning is a different animal all together.

I said all game to my friends I wouldn't feel comfortable until the clock hit 0:00 and I was dead right.

Lucky for us there is only one Manning and hopefully they won't have to see him again this year.

I agree with this when you're playing a team like Cincy, or even Pitt, and the D pretty much did exactly what you asked in those games. But Manning is a different animal all together.

I said all game to my friends I wouldn't feel comfortable until the clock hit 0:00 and I was dead right.

Lucky for us there is only one Manning and hopefully they won't have to see him again this year.

Yeah, do not want to see Manning in the playoffs, or Brees. Then again Brees would mean we made the super bowl so I dunno!

As for the play before the half, that was all Wayne and just piss poor tackling. That really had me heated, bothered me till the Sanders pick because I really felt like we handed them 4 extra points there. Anyway, glad we came out with the W.

Dungy said the Patriots are the best team in the AFC right now. :eek:

How does that conflict with the fact that he barely played and it is wrong to consider him the starter?
The 4th WR on the depth chart does get some snaps too.
In my opinion, Edelman can be upgraded though not this season.

The defense did well to get the 3 Ints.. However, it's plenty clear they still have work to do.

Colts 1st TD: Spikes and Mayo were clearly confused about who was supposed to do what and Manning took advantage of it with the FB/TE off the end getting the TD

Colts 3rd TD: As soon as I saw the Colts line up, with Chung sitting 1 yard deep in the EndZone, I knew that White was getting the ball.. Another miscommunication of some sort.

The 2nd and 4th TDs were just beautiful passes by Manning and great catches by Wayne and White respectively.

Yeah! After Rodney Harrison prodded him!

I think its clear that Rodney considers himself more of a Patriot than a Charger, and rightly so.

In my opinion, Edelman can be upgraded though not this season.

Ditto. It will be interesting to see what they do at WR in the off-season. Price is sort of an X-factor. Edelman is a nice story but what he brings to the table is limited. The Welker comparisons from last year were premature.

Is TBC stupid? I do forgive him for his offsides in key situations but that move was just dumb. Someone did a similar thing in last game against Colts. I don't quite remember him, I think he was tight end or something and it wiped out our first down.

That stupid push could have easily cost us the game. Hope he's disciplined and shapes up.

I think its clear that Rodney considers himself more of a Patriot than a Charger, and rightly so.

I don't think he considers himself a Charger whatsoever. Call it the AJ Factor.

Dungy said the Patriots are the best team in the AFC right now. :eek:

That's the kiss of death. :bricks:

Since he called the Seahawks the best team in the NFC, they've gone 1-3 while being outscored 126 to 65.

Ditto. It will be interesting to see what they do at WR in the off-season. Price is sort of an X-factor. Edelman is a nice story but what he brings to the table is limited. The Welker comparisons from last year were premature.

Unless hes still fighting through an injury, Im not sure hes 100%.

That's the kiss of death. :bricks:

Since he called the Seahawks the best team in the NFC, they've gone 1-3 while being outscored 126 to 65.

Meh. As the week wears on nobody will be talking about the Pats win. They'll be talking about Sanchize and the Jets. Costas did 2 minutes slobbering all over Rex and Sanchez' knob tonight. King will follow that up with 1,000 words on how awesome they are with multiple Fireman Ed references.

In other words, just the way we like it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes