PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs Bills PostGame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and Keyser sure love to spew off on things that weren't said. Good job.

BTW, what Brady thinks is a helluva lot more important than what you think.

Were you or were you not attempting to shift the blame off the defense by linking their comments?

Saying the defense saved the day is an absolute joke, and obviously they aren't going to say how they really feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question for those hanging part of the blame on the offense for the failed hurry up @ the 2 and the drops:

Since 37 points is clearly not enough to qualify as the offense 'doing its job' can you say exactly how many points the offense is required to put up in order for the defense to shoulder the lion's share of the blame?

45? 55? I mean I get it, 37 isn't enough. Maybe 62 points.

Not all wins are created equal. This win shows the team still has the same deficiencies that have been detrimental to them winning another title in the last 6 years. It IS discouraging to see such a porous secondary put us on the edge of our seat once again. If you say you feel just as confident about this team's perspectives after this win as you did two Sundays ago against the Rams, you are probably lying to yourself.

And here I thought we won the game. People always seem to freak out unless we win by double digits. It's silly. Not every game is pretty or a blowout.

McCourty got the pick to seal the game. Yes our secondary looks bad. But since when has this been news? Chandler caught passes at will over the middle. The defensive middle of the field continues to be a weakness and needs to be fixed. Hopefully Talib's addition to the secondary helps us. Because it needs all the help it can get.

Rick Pitino said it best - the negativity in this town sucks. If you're going to jump off the ledge please do so already so we don't have to hear the whining after yet another win.

I'm happy with the Pats win. And I'm looking forward to next week against the Colts.

When the bills had the ball with a chance to win I was concerned. I was watching the game with my buddy and he said "Don't worry, its the bills they will find a way to screw up the last drive."

Offense did their job by scoring 37 points. The thing is the offense cannot always be expected to score every time or get enough for a first down every time. I thought the defense was awful. Lucky for the pats Fitzpatrick, and the bills in general, are completely incompetent when the game is on the line.

Not exactly a feel good win but a win anyway. Thank God they were playing the bills.

The big hits on the last drive were critical causing two timeouts plus the loss of key players. Obviously, McCourty made the key catch (rather than dropping it) at the end. Brady and Branch understand that they were 2nd and goal at the 2 and could have clinched the game. They could have clinched the game. As has been the case many times before, the offense didn't put away the Bills. Instead, they put the defense (who had been pretty awful) on the field yet again.

Obviously, the offense did their job in scoring 37 points. They're the best in the league, perhaps ever. They should be able to put away the Bills when given a chance. The defense is a poor, albeit, improving defense.

BTW, as Reiss says in his blog, the RUN defense had a very poor game. When this happens, a weak secondary like ours doesn't have much of a chance to succeed. Luckily, the opposing QB mistook McCourty for one his receivers.

Is this guy serious? What the **** did you expect the team leader to say? "Well the defense really let us down today" Sorry, but you're a fool if you really think Brady feels that way.

Really a lackluster effort from the team today. They are definitely capable of doing much better than what we saw today. It's almost as if they're coasting, waiting for the right time to turn it on.

Only problem is, it's not so easy to "turn it on."

God the negativity is so bad. I hate this secondary as much as anybody else but the front 7 had a GREAT season so far. They played poorly for their standards and the secondary was the same ol' secondary. It's early November we can only hope that come January things are better. I think it's safe to say we make the play offs and then it's when it really matters. They can struggle all they want as long as they slowly beginn to improve.

Hopefully Talib can help them and the front 7 plays to their usual high standard.

What Brady said is like when Belichick says that Team X is great in all 3 phases of the game. It's what they say.

What Brady thinks IS a helluva lot more important than what we think. However, I doubt that what Brady said and what Brady thinks are really the same thing.

Patriot way. He's saying what needs to be said. Not saying it's a bad thing...but it is what it is;)

Last edited:
They are only telling the truth. It took me a while to admit it to myself. They are what they are and this Patriots defense is BAD. Hopefully, they will get better, but right now it does not look good

playing a soft zone with inferior safeties and slow linebackers with zero pressure would leave a capable college team lots of options in the middled of the field. You have to change the equation to change an outcome. Leaving Talib out of it as we dont know what we have yet, the only change is to give the QB less time to deliver the ball. Doesnt seem all that complicated.

Is this guy serious? What the **** did you expect the team leader to say? "Well the defense really let us down today" Sorry, but you're a fool if you really think Brady feels that way.

Exactly. Brady will never ever throw his teammates under the bus. No matter how they lose the game he will take the blame and always say we have to play better in every aspect of the game. No one in the world should take Brady words as gospel.

Lastly the defense sucked. The gave up 481 freaking yards today. This team is only going as far as Brady and the offense can take them.

Brady's also not going to trash the defense publicly. The fact of the matter is that they played absolutely horribly up until and including the final drive of the game. Fitzpatrick gifted that throw and put it right between the 3 and the 2. Once again, the defense did nothing to "save the day" except for hanging onto a gifted INT.

And maybe you should quit trying to talk down to people, fat boy.

Quick question for those hanging part of the blame on the offense for the failed hurry up @ the 2 and the drops:

Since 37 points is clearly not enough to qualify as the offense 'doing its job' can you say exactly how many points the offense is required to put up in order for the defense to shoulder the lion's share of the blame?

45? 55? I mean I get it, 37 isn't enough. Maybe 62 points.

With regard to the quick snap, it's not the points. It's the time that could/should have been run off the clock.

Last edited:
I still don't know why they keep on having 4 man rush and the rest drop in zone, but let Chandler run wild on them.

yeah, he IS doing that...but it's like a robot with a limited hard drive...as far as coaching the team the WAY BB wants...uh...you're out of your mind...NOBODY coaches arm tackling and just jogging as the runner runs right past you for an extra 20 yards...TODAY was the worst display of defensive tackling I've seen out of a BB team since he took over

Oh I could think of a few in 2002 that would make your head spin.

How did this thread turn into a post defend the defense thread. They were terrible today. Spin it any way you want. Youth, inexperience, coaching. Yeah, they made enough plays to win the game but being constantly out of position to make plays is either a learning disability on the players or a teaching problem by the coaches.

They have some legit gripes about the officiating, imo. Tough loss for them today.

Legit gripes? 1 really bad pass interference call and a questionable hold call. That's not the reason they lost the football game. Plus the commenter made that comment about the all-time series Brady v.s. the Bills.

Oh I could think of a few in 2002 that would make your head spin.

yeah..I remember the Steve Martin season..he had a bazillion sacks and tackles in pre and post game interviews..unfortunately none of them occurred in a game....the more I decompress and take in what I saw this afternoon, the more I think the Pats took the bye week off and came in thinking they'd cakewalk a dead team...it wasn't just one or two players making attempted tackles and missing, it was all the players at one time or another...they make a hit at the LOS or behind it, and the runner breaks out of it, another hit, and he breaks from that...and then you see the DE just loafing down the field as the runner sprints right past him,without even the merest hint of effort...THAT is what was disturbing me earlier....I have to think the coaching staff is going to be breaking balls in practice this week, stressing play to the whistle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe