PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs Bills PostGame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the Bills forum. Brady is 20-2 against the Bills because the league doesn't want Buffalo to win and Wilfork is the dirtiest player in the NFL.... lmao.

In no way do I want any change at O co-ordinator. What I DO want is better situation awareness out of A FORMER HEAD COACH who should recognize the usefulness of end game strategy and clock burning..there NO justification for the quick pitch before the 2 minute warning just as there is NO justification for sitting Brady in the end zone for three consecutive passing plays, burning just TEN seconds, and giving the friggin' ball BACK to a QB who is tearing the defense apart at will...did McD NOT notice what Fitz was doing to the D?....the defense DID make two crucial TO's happen in the 4th quarter which led to the victory...it should NEVER have come down to that....you have the ball at the ONE yard line, first and goal with 2:30 left and the Bill get the ball back at 1:50????? without using a TO?

Joker, hey, I feel your pain. I agree that the play calling at first and goal at the two with < 3 minutes to go was FRUSTRATING! A gamble unworthy of the situation. But when a team is scoring at the level the Patriots are and winning at a 666 percentage (Damien!!), talk of canning some coaches is fundamentally flawed logic. The Patriots are much better served having a staff meeting tomorrow to speak of what not to do in that situation.

As unsatisfying as it is to watch the Patriot's Pass D play poorly and the O sometimes become impotent at exactly the wrong time, the Patriots have a formula that will likely win most of their games and give them another tangible shot at a SB appearance. To alter that formula by way of a coaching change prior to game #10 of the season is something that should only be done if the results have a high percentage chance of producing better outcomes. The chances that the outcomes will be better are not likely close to being high -- IMHO.

Not for nothing, but that lowly Rams team we pounded into the dirt 2 weeks ago are beating the vaunted 49ers in San Francisco. The Bills haven't beating New England in NE for 12 or whatever years it was, plus they had the last game close until the Pats ran away with it in the second half. You know they were fired up for it. Maybe we should chalk some of this up to inter divisional rivalry and slow down on the negativity.

Read the Bills forum. Brady is 20-2 against the Bills because the league doesn't want Buffalo to win and Wilfork is the dirtiest player in the NFL.... lmao.

They have some legit gripes about the officiating, imo. Tough loss for them today.

dennard didn't look so much beaten as out of place. he is pretty bad in zone coverage. I don't know how much zone they'll play when talib is at CB...hopefully not much

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

They have some legit gripes about the officiating, imo. Tough loss for them today.

Both teams got bad calls.

On both offsides the Bills C double clutched so it should have been false start
Spikes didn't hit Fitzpatrick in the head (despite him moaning about it on the field and after the game).

I'm just glad Devin McCourty made the plays when he did. On that final play it seemed as if Fitzpatrick wanted to go to his left to start with but thought better of it and looked to his right and threw before surveying properly his receiver's position relative to McCourty.

Initial impressions are that we looked safer over the top in pass coverage but possibly left the middle wide open as a result.

And props to the O-line again, Mankins and Connolly both missed chunks of the game.

Bills match up well with the Patriots and have scored a lot of points in recent meetings against this Defense. Our linebackers are mismatched in coverage and that is what you get if you sacrifice by having 3 "heavy" linebackers built to stop the run first and foremost. Spiller and Jackson were really elusive and at times helped by poor tackling from our D but they really had some exceptional runs. Running backs and TE's who can catch effectively seem to be like kryptonite to the Pats D.

I know McDaniels got some heat for the 3 passing plays on the Patriots goal line after the fumble, but execution is everything. The playcalling put the Offense in position to make that play if Welker holds onto that pass on 2nd down.

But the playcalling on the opposite end of the field was not playing the percentages and the penalty on Ridley could have been one of the key plays if the Patriots had lost. As good as the Patriots offense is, they seem to want to outsmart the opposing coordinator to their own detriment. Sometimes you have to call the bluff of the opposition but those kind of decisions work best when they are used sparingly.

Brady KNOWS he left a lot of plays out there on the field...1st and goal at the one...that HAS to be a TD with this offense....no ifs, ands or buts...it HAS to be tied with the lack of reps and meetings...has to....no way Brady should be so clock ignorant as he was in the 4th...a rookie, yeah...but a QB with tom's experience??...that opportunity was THE dagger...you must stick it in the heart of the opposition...especially at home

The defense surrendered more than 30 points. The only reason it wasn't more is because Fitzpicksix brainlocked and hit a wide open Devin McCourty at the end of the game.

Not to mention the Bills offensive penalties in the first half that helped the Pats D stop them on a couple drives.

Sorry but whatever.The Patriots had some gripes about as legitimate as legitimate in multiple games this year. Officiating happens and it can hurt, no doubt. But there wasn't a single call that was a difference maker in this game. The Patriots made more plays in this game than the Bills....that's the true story of this game. And the difference between the two franchises is the Patriots don't use them as an excuse....while the Bills are over there at the mic sobbing over them (from what little I saw) -- though credit to Fitz for having the right attitude.

Since parity has been the trademark of the league, the margin between winning and losing in any NFL game is paper thin. There are benefits and detriments to the way BB has built this defense, just as there are benefits and detriments to what JM does on offense.

For example, when those lumbering elephants I talked about earlier that are the Patriots run stoppers do draw a bead on a wide out like Jackson after a catch, the ball has a tendency to spring out of the guy's hands like it had been in a jack-in-the-box.

However we measure things here in terms of championships. To me the notion that you get yourself into the post season where "anything can happen" is even more flawed in the NFL than it is in MLB. You plan your way to championships.

While all is surely not lost, I think that unless BB makes some subtle changes to bring himself in line with the league he has today, not the league he had ten years ago, he will find himself less and less likely to prosper in the post season and will find himself facing more disappointments when push comes to shove. He may get all the way to the SB to find that disappointment and he might not get that far, but somewhere along the way the deeper the Pats get into the post season the more likely the flaw in recent Pats teams will catch up to him.

The telltale sign to me is that when the more recent iterations of the Pats team gets to the post season and loses, the lose looks very similar to a regular season lose. The Pats offense, while being very potent, fails just often enough or fails at the most critical time and its defense simply does not get it done with the other team's offense on the field at the critical moment in the game. All by way of saying that you are facing a heck of a talented team if you get to the SB or even deep in the playoffs, and what you did to get to the point many not get you past that point.

Again I think the Pats Offense is certainly good enough and just needs JM to get out of its way with this this silly play calling. This is a team that needs every point it can get and is talented enough to get those points. This trick play bull is a waste of time, seems to do nothing but put the offense in a hole and waste drives needlessly.

The defense to me is a different story. It needs a few more talented athletes on the field than what it has now and at linebacker needs somebody that can hold his own against the run while not being totally lost in pass coverage. None of that means nor requires a complete change to how BB builds his defenses, but it does require that he be a bit less stubborn about this issue than he appears to have been in recent years.

Maybe an animal of a pass rusher would be a pleasant change from this never ending string of guys that graduated from Football U, summa cum laude but get totally swallowed up by a double team just as an example.

can someone explain the last pats offensive play where he underthrew woodhead by like 5 yards, it looked like he had room to gain a few yards by running. sometimes i think brady is too cautious when scrambling.

my take on this one was that Brady saw him open, ****ed to throw and then saw the hat going down from the ref -realized the problem and he chunked the throw so as not to get a penalty for illegal touching. I think he was too far gone in his decision/throwing motion to tuck and run.

Fitzpatrick's ineptitude saved the day. The defense had no hand in forcing that.

You and Keyser sure love to spew off on things that weren't said. Good job.

BTW, what Brady thinks is a helluva lot more important than what you think.

Fitzpatrick's ineptitude saved the day. The defense had no hand in forcing that.

The rookie WR, Graham, actually was supposed to run the underneath route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots