PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official CALM THE HELL DOWN thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, a lot of these "fans" probably came on board during this decade. They lack perspective.

That's fine, this bandwagon was getting crowded anyway. *Cue decline in sales of pink Pats hats and jerseys now*

Maybe a bunch of latecomers will jump off the Pats bandwagon now. Good riddance.

Tom Brady was one of the worst performers for NE today. He left plays and points on the field. There was no pass rush because the Jets have a great O-line. Galloway made plays. He may not have made plays at certain points, but he caught some first downs and would have had a TD if the ball was thrown better.

The Pats O-line was what everyone expects the to be...solid. Brady had time. Yes he was pressured, but always had time to throw before he was hit.

A huge bright spot for NE was Edelman. In his first real chance to see action, he looked like a quasi-welker. You get this guy in there every week and he could create HUGE problems for opponents. Imagine it....the real Welker in the left slot, and Edelman in the right slot...teams would have to risk covering them with LBs, or put safeties on them and leave Moss and Galloway 1 on 1.

A tighter performance today wins NE the game.

Nov. 22 will be interesting.

Side notes:

Belichick clearly hates Ryan but still acted like a sore loser (ignored Sanchez, who said nothing all week)

Sione Pouha for the Jets, no.91, is a dirty player....pushed Kaczur from behind onto a pile onto the ground twice after the whistle.

Sanchez again looked like he is for real. He took a sack, Favre would have tossed it up for a pick.

Pats are still tops in the division

The Jets are not the dominant ground n pound running team they said they were going to be.

It's hilarious that a Jets fan has a better observation of this team than most Pats fans do. I disagree about the O-Line though. They did a good job at run blocking, but were anything but "solid" in pass protection.

Tom Brady was one of the worst performers for NE today. He left plays and points on the field. There was no pass rush because the Jets have a great O-line. Galloway made plays. He may not have made plays at certain points, but he caught some first downs and would have had a TD if the ball was thrown better.

The Pats O-line was what everyone expects the to be...solid. Brady had time. Yes he was pressured, but always had time to throw before he was hit.

A huge bright spot for NE was Edelman. In his first real chance to see action, he looked like a quasi-welker. You get this guy in there every week and he could create HUGE problems for opponents. Imagine it....the real Welker in the left slot, and Edelman in the right slot...teams would have to risk covering them with LBs, or put safeties on them and leave Moss and Galloway 1 on 1.

A tighter performance today wins NE the game.

Nov. 22 will be interesting.

Side notes:

Belichick clearly hates Ryan but still acted like a sore loser (ignored Sanchez, who said nothing all week)

Sione Pouha for the Jets, no.91, is a dirty player....pushed Kaczur from behind onto a pile onto the ground twice after the whistle.

Sanchez again looked like he is for real. He took a sack, Favre would have tossed it up for a pick.

Pats are still tops in the division

The Jets are not the dominant ground n pound running team they said they were going to be.

Very classy post, and nice insights. Welcome to the board - regardless of your team preference, posters with intelligent and objective analysis are always a great addition.

I didn't see the game live, but from the parts I've been able to see your thoughts seem very rational. The better team won today. It looks like we had chances to put you away in the first half but couldn't capitalize, and you guys made the necessary adjustments in the second half. Kudos to you. You have a lot of talented players - hopefully they can let their play do the talking in the future. Personally, I would welcome a legitimate contender within the division, and let the better team win.

We have a lot of work to do and adjustments to make, but the NFL season is never about September, and SB contenders are usually determined by how they deal with adversity.

Really, why the need for an "official CALM THE HELL DOWN thread?" I think that's what Boston Boxer was getting at. Most fans react differently, just let them. When, and if, the Pats correct these mistakes, none of this will matter. But for one week it does.

Its frustrating to watch the team lose. Its even more frustrating to watch the team lose to another team the bragged about doing it the entire previous week up to the game. Even then at the end of the day the Patriots are still human and yes the team will have its bad days. Yeah I don't like bad days either but its part of being an fan is sticking with the team during them... even if some of us need to vent about it a bit.

And like I said earlier... next week will be better. The team will learn from what happened this week and will become stronger.

The team will learn from what happened this week and will become stronger.

We'll see. It's possible that this team is flawed. The 2005 team started 4-4 and was only 6-5 before finishing 10-6 to win the division, and never really recovered from Tedy's stroke and Ted Johnson's retirement. We were good enough to win the division, but not to go far into the playoffs. In contrast, the 2003 team started 2-2 and then went 14-2 and won the SB. Hard to tell this early on what this team will be. I'm optimistic that we have the talent to be a contender, but it's too early to know for sure given how we've looked so far.

We'll see. It's possible that this team is flawed.

Flaws with the defense? Oh yeah. But its the offense thats not clicking, and roster wise, there's no flaws there. Welker being out, doesnt help, but it shouldnt hurt this much. I was never expecting the defense to look great until midseason. This was before the 'trade', and Tedy, and Mayo. So i'm really not expecting much. I thought they did some good things today. Its the offense that has issues, but they just need time to fix it.

Maybe a bunch of latecomers will jump off the Pats bandwagon now. Good riddance.
In the good ole days of yesteryear (2007) i don't remember the board crashing like it does now, i've wondered if its over loaded with band wagoners.

Flaws with the defense? Oh yeah. But its the offense thats not clicking, and roster wise, there's no flaws there. Welker being out, doesnt help, but it shouldnt hurt this much. I was never expecting the defense to look great until midseason. This was before the 'trade', and Tedy, and Mayo. So i'm really not expecting much. I thought they did some good things today. Its the offense that has issues, but they just need time to fix it.

No flaws roster-wise with the offense? I'm not sure I would go that far. Backup QB, depth at WR, a power running game and the OL all have some room for personnel improvement. But personally I would say that the problem has been a combination of execution and offensive scheming/play calling.

Its frustrating to watch the team lose. Its even more frustrating to watch the team lose to another team the bragged about doing it the entire previous week up to the game. Even then at the end of the day the Patriots are still human and yes the team will have its bad days. Yeah I don't like bad days either but its part of being an fan is sticking with the team during them... even if some of us need to vent about it a bit.

And like I said earlier... next week will be better. The team will learn from what happened this week and will become stronger.

Well said, cant wait till next sun to erase this taste in the mouth

No flaws roster-wise with the offense? I'm not sure I would go that far. Backup QB, depth at WR, a power running game and the OL all have some room for personnel improvement. But personally I would say that the problem has been a combination of execution and offensive scheming/play calling.

OK, with the exception of backup QB, i see no flaws. The depth at OL, and WR, imho, are fine. Thats not to say that it wouldnt be nice to have probowlers as depth, but thats just not possible. Same for the running game. I would love to see them draft the second coming of Corey Dillon, but what they have this year should do the trick.

Did you guys watch the same game as the rest of the world? Our defense was awful. Guyton is almost slower the Bruschi. We really need another MLB, Derrek Brooks, please?

Our O-line did the best they could, for as much as the Jets blitzed Brady didnt get sacked once. Welker not playing was such a big loss, Eidelman is no Welker but he had a solid game, the best on the team. Gallaway is a bust, he looks lost out there and Brady and him just havent clicked yet.

Not time to panic, yet as its only week 2, but it shows how much we need Mayo to return and Brady and the WRs to click.

Guyton slower than Bruschi?
Wow....you might want to get your facts straight. Gary Guyton is one of our faster players. He was the fastest LB when he was in ther combine and still packs the speed and power. C'mon...you should have left that comment out.

We knew that not having Welker could really hurt our offense and IT DID

Hats off to Edelman...he played well but our Offensive unit was out of whack.

Galloway got manhandled and the TE's did too.

with a healthy Mayo...we would have had more pressure on Sanchez.

With out the brady interception agaisnt the bills, the bills would only have scored 17. Today the pats held the jets to 16, so Iam feeling good about our defense.

We need to keep this in mind.

The Jets and Bills have pretty good offenses that will get better towards Playoff time.

I think our defense will get better too

To dump all the blame at the feet of the O-line is just wrong.

The playcalling stunk tonight - anyone see Mike Martz on the Patriots sideline?

They had good success running it...then couldn't help but go away from it.

"We will beat you with the pass" was the stubborn mantra.

You put Brady back there to pass 50 times a game he is going to get hit - teams are going to tee off with no threat to run the ball.

Todays loss was a horrible mixture of lack of execution from Brady, awful penalties across the board and stagnant playcalling.

The D did okay, in my book.

The playcalling DID stink. We needed to rush more-big mistake.
Tom was confused on some of the calls and it showed. False starts...delay of game....there was probably some Jets fans manipulating our comm system.

Kevin O'Connell is a rat.

That is what we said about the Miami loss last year.. Division games are crucial, we beat ourselves today... And it could come back to bite us in the end.. But it may not mean much in the end, because the defense is not a championship defense ... And the O is missing something right now..

Wes Welker

I take the point of view that my father instilled in me.

How much money do I make if the Patriots win? None.

How much money do I lose if the Patriots lose? None.

Does it change me as a person if the Patriots win? No.

Does it change me as a person if the Patriots lose? No.

[Heck, I could make the argument that not listening to sports radio this week will make me more productive. :) ]

You could.
Mark Sanchez stated that he avoided all the media hype all week.
There's nothing really good to talk about right now anyway until the next game.
It stinks we lost to Rex Ryan, The Jest and fans but we really deserved the loss because we sucked.
Our Offense could not produce.

Am I the only one who didn't see it this way? I think this ties in with the idea that, because the OL didn't give up any sacks, they did a good job. Just because #12 is exceptional when it comes to moving in the pocket, doesn't mean he had all day to throw.

To be clear, he didn't have a good game. He still has some rust. But this was also a TERRIFIC job by the jets defense. They were ferocious, active and tough to deal with.

People need to relax.
Totally agree with your points....accurate and true.
Things are the way they are...it's early.
I'd rather progress than go 6-0 and flop.

The playcalling DID stink. We needed to rush more-big mistake.
Tom was confused on some of the calls and it showed. False starts...delay of game....there was probably some Jets fans manipulating our comm system.

Kevin O'Connell is a rat.

TB did mention communication problems, but I think it had to do with everyone not being on the same line on the wrist band.

TB did mention communication problems, but I think it had to do with everyone not being on the same line on the wrist band.

Funny you mentioned that. Watching some tape-I see some of the guys keep looking and the arm bands-maybe confused? Were they mis-matched?
Hmmmmm.

Whatever....we lost to Rex Ryan, Kerry Rhodes and the Jets Fans.

K. O'Connell shared intel as well.

What's with all the doom and gloom?

Reading all the posts here it looks like the Jets DID win the SuperBowl. We lost agains the Jets - its over. Need to move on. Its not the end of the season. We were humiliated against the Dolphins last year and ended up with an 11-5 record. We lost 31-0 against Buffalo several yrs back in the OPENING game and went on to win the SuperBowl.

The level of "distrust" in Brady actually shocks me. I myself am more of a pessimist but I still have enormous faith in Brady. He won us the first game otherwise we would be 0-2 (both Div losses). If we lost in Bufallo - it would not have been this big a deal - its because its the Jets. Thats understandable but lets just take a deep breath and realize its just 2 games into the season. The year after we won our 1st SBowl we were 3-0 and missed the playoffs. Even with the 2007 team - we almost lost to the Ravens and to the Eagles at home with Feely as their QB (if my memory is correct). With TB at the helm - he had looked quite bad against the Dolphins most years since 2001-2006. Jets were 8-3 last year and missed the playoffs. My point is things can change very quickly. It was a bad loss but the Jets just held serve. Let them be happy. They haven't beaten us in their stadium since 2000 so its understandable.

Lets focus on the Falcons and hope we win and the Jets will be playing a desperate Titans team next week so things might change.

On another note - not sure who to root for tonight. The Dolphins or the Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST