PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The LAST Maroney thread: haters repent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never hate any Patriots' player, but I do think that we do not have an answer at the running back position in Lomo. The days of the star RB are gone, for the most part, though. Maroney is a fine enough 2nd back to compliment Fred Taylor or Sammy Morris, but he cannot shoulder the burden alone.

I liked how he ran today, though, fumbles notwithstanding.

At times he has runs where he looks powerful, and at times he just flat out sucks.

His running style blows for this offense IMO. We need a grind the clock RB, and Maroney isn't cut for that with his sutter step BS, and his dancing at the line of scrimmage. It irritates me so much that he does this, and doesn't seem to learn. Every now and then he gets through, but most of the time he doesn't.

I'll never hate any Patriots' player, but I do think that we do not have an answer at the running back position in Lomo. The days of the star RB are gone, for the most part, though. Maroney is a fine enough 2nd back to compliment Fred Taylor or Sammy Morris, but he cannot shoulder the burden alone.

I liked how he ran today, though, fumbles notwithstanding.

well said man... Fred will help this running game so much.... I anticipate his return:)

Maroney had a good game today
He still has the field vision of Marion Butz
I swear he takes the handoff with his eyes closed
He has run recently with a degree of toughness not previously displayed
Still not a number 1 back

Really?
Addai has 7 Rush Tds, 3 rec tds, and a pass TD with 1 fumble.
Thats 11 TDS that he's accounted for...not too bad, and he was considered a more all around back than LoMo hence the 3 Rec tds.

Addai has played fairly well this year, he's NOT your Turner type Runner

Have you ever seen Addai run? He is awful as a runner. Sure he can catch the ball, so that's where his value lies, but as strictly a RB?? Man....

His TDs are a product of defenses respecting Peyton Manning, not him creating or doing anything on his own really.

You know how when you slip and you try to keep yourself from falling by flailing your arms around, and your legs are out of control? That's how Addai runs the ball...

He has run recently with a degree of toughness not previously displayedStill not a number 1 back

Only on 1 out of every 3 carries.....

He has run recently with a degree of toughness not previously displayed
Still not a number 1 back

you nailed it as well.....

Fred T is our best runner when healthy.

Have you ever seen Addai run? He is awful as a runner. Sure he can catch the ball, so that's where his value lies, but as strictly a RB?? Man....

His TDs are a product of defenses respecting Peyton Manning, not him creating or doing anything on his own really.

You know how when you slip and you try to keep yourself from falling by flailing your arms around, and your legs are out of control? That's how Addai runs the ball...

I've watched him play the last 2 games(and others over the years), and he's looked at least as good as loMo, and he is a great pass catcher.
I DON'T EVEN CONSIDER HIM A 'GREAT RB"

What's your point?'

When does Fred "he's not a Freddie, he's our RB" Taylor come back from injury binjury?

He had real ability, he's a lot better than Maroney, although I do respect his effort-io.

When does Fred "he's not a Freddie, he's our RB" Taylor come back from injury binjury?

He had real ability, he's a lot better than Maroney, although I do respect his effort-io.

what???

Fred T is our number 1 RB.... hands down.

At times he has runs where he looks powerful, and at times he just flat out sucks.

His running style blows for this offense IMO. We need a grind the clock RB, and Maroney isn't cut for that with his sutter step BS, and his dancing at the line of scrimmage. It irritates me so much that he does this, and doesn't seem to learn. Every now and then he gets through, but most of the time he doesn't.

While some running backs are incredible in almost any situation, Maroney is only mortal. He had a good game today. Not bad, not great. The thing that our team needs to help us improve our running game are better offensive linemen.

Let me know if anyone else saw this: On several plays, Maroney had to cut back to the other side because there were defenders in the offensive backfield. These instances were not rare occurrences. It happened several times! From my vantage point, it looks like Koppen and our back up right guard (i'm sorry but I totally forgot hit name just now) aren't doing us any favors.

Koppen seems to be able to get to the second level for big gains in the running game. The problem is that it is usually because a defensive linemen just blew past him and was picked up by another interior linemen or running back. Sometimes that lineman or running back can handle that defender. Sometimes they cannot. When they can't, really bad things happen.

Unfortunately Maroney is one of those people affected.

While some running backs are incredible in almost any situation, Maroney is only mortal. He had a good game today. Not bad, not great. The thing that our team needs to help us improve our running game are better offensive linemen.

Let me know if anyone else saw this: On several plays, Maroney had to cut back to the other side because there were defenders in the offensive backfield. These instances were not rare occurrences. It happened several times! From my vantage point, it looks like Koppen and our back up right guard (i'm sorry but I totally forgot hit name just now) aren't doing us any favors.

Koppen seems to be able to get to the second level for big gains in the running game. The problem is that it is usually because a defensive linemen just blew past him and was picked up by another interior linemen or running back. Sometimes that lineman or running back can handle that defender. Sometimes they cannot. When they can't, really bad things happen.

Unfortunately Maroney is one of those people affected.

Side oure LINEMEN are good..... but they are of a deffensive "Pass Rush" Nature.... we do not have as a great RUN BLOCK as we do a PASS BLOCK....

i Like how we are constructed..... heavier on the PASS rather than the RUN

Look some of us hate Maroney some love him,but I say we support him because hes a Pat and hes our 1# option. I think next year it will be moot anyway as we certainly will take a RB fairly early and then we can project our love and hate on him.

lets hear it, its now time, the excuses have ran out

give this man an extension

You're kidding right? He has an average game and we should keep him despite his mediocrity in others? He has never been a consistent player. Many will be calling for his head again soon enough

22 carries, 77 yards, 3.5 avg. 2 tds, 1 fumble.

I call that a 7 out of 10, not even close to a "helluva" game.

Agreed

he's a below average RB and I miss Morris and Taylor more every week

Look some of us hate Maroney some love him,but I say we support him because hes a Pat and hes our 1# option. I think next year it will be moot anyway as we certainly will take a RB fairly early and then we can project our love and hate on him.

currently yes.... FRED T imo.... is a beter back..... he runs better and can find more holes...... Until Fred T is healthy.... we have Maroney as our number 1 RB.

It is what it is.... but fragile Fred is a better option and he is more nimble....

take it for what it is..... we must.... even despite FRED T being better.... we have to run w/ MARONEY. I do not like it... but we have to....

Play Solid Football and win the best as we can.... we are hurt... YES.... but we are still capable of GREAT things.:) This 2009 PATRIOT can do great things...... we can determine that w/ good play calling and better clock management.

2009 PATRIOTS are capable of great things.... and we create our own DESTINY.... even despite BS calls by Referees.... we are great and we just need to be that on a consistent basis. I LOVE THIS TEAM..... but at times we are our own worst enemy. CONSISTECY my PATS..... not average football.... we are better than this..... IT is time we show it and not BS it.
Despite Referee Marks..... we create our SUCCESS w/ great PLAYS:)

Hey, everyone praising Taylor and Morris vs Maroney: you have to be on the field to make plays.

Hey, everyone praising Taylor and Morris vs Maroney: you have to be on the field to make plays.

they could crutch their ways to better stats than Maroney is capable of without injuries

You can't say that to them cause that make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back