PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The LAST Maroney thread: haters repent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, everyone praising Taylor and Morris vs Maroney: you have to be on the field to make plays.

You are 100% Correct.

Hey, everyone praising Taylor and Morris vs Maroney: you have to be on the field to make plays.

Thats the thing until someone better can play theres no need to cry over spily milk

I'll never repent, nice guy but he's average. Sorry but it's true.

they could crutch their ways to better stats than Maroney is capable of without injuries

And yet, Maroney's numbers as a Patriot are somehow better than Morris'. Strange how that works.

I don't care what his numbers are, and they aren't great the last two games, but he's running hard and tough, which will pay off big time for him and the team.

Love the way he's running now and he wasn't running that way at the beginning of the season.

Let's just be happy he's running hard and appreciate he has more upside than many.

Canton can wait a few games though, he's not there yet.

As much as I love Montana, come on man.

I'm sorry

I avoided the Maroney hate bandwagon. He's our running back and I support him but when he fumbled in Indy I just couldn't help myself. It kills me to watch the offense work hard, get down to the goal line and hand it to a guy who didn't do anything all drive just to see him cough it up.

Disagree, he's average, I think he's just starting to tap his potential. Of course it's up to him, it takes a lot more than talent to be a superior back in the NFL.

I'm sorry

I avoided the Maroney hate bandwagon. He's our running back and I support him but when he fumbled in Indy I just couldn't help myself. It kills me to watch the offense work hard, get down to the goal line and hand it to a guy who didn't do anything all drive just to see him cough it up.

Excellent point! No running back has ever fumbled the ball before.

I'm a Maroney fan and I really believe that the guy is our best RB

but

This is hardly a game where we should be singing his praises, he had an ok game today.

I'm sorry

Everybody fumbles, that was the second in his career (exceptionally good). Of course he did it again, but he's running hard up the gut and fighting for extra yards. I'd rather see that at this point. He can work on ball security. Faulk was awful, to the extent it looked like he wasn't long for this league. He worked his ass off, as he did on his blitz pickup, which he used to be awful at.

Mama never said it would be easy to be an NFL back. Maroney has big time potential if he works to improve like Faulk has, for instance.

Don't forget, Fragile Fred Taylor had his trials early too.

Last edited:
22 carries, 77 yards, 3.5 avg. 2 tds, 1 fumble.

I call that a 7 out of 10, not even close to a "helluva" game.

Yeah, from a statistics standpoint, he wasn't that great, but he really did play a great game. He really has learned to stop dancing behind the line of scrimmage, he hits the hole consistently and quick. There's been enough of a sample size this season that I think it is fair to say he is past those old woes for the most part. He had some really nice 6-7 yard runs today, making defenders miss, trucking guys, refusing to go down after contact. He really took what was given to him, and I think he had a great game.

His best run of the day was definitely that 14 yard run where he completely trucked Kerry Rhodes, knocking him flat on his ass.

Maroney is running real well right now. While I wouldn't go as far as signing him to an extension, I will say that if he runs like this come January, it will mean good things for the Patriots.

Yeah, from a statistics standpoint, he wasn't that great, but he really did play a great game. He really has learned to stop dancing behind the line of scrimmage, he hits the hole consistently and quick. There's been enough of a sample size this season that I think it is fair to say he is past those old woes for the most part. He had some really nice 6-7 yard runs today, making defenders miss, trucking guys, refusing to go down after contact. He really took what was given to him, and I think he had a great game.

His best run of the day was definitely that 14 yard run where he completely trucked Kerry Rhodes, knocking him flat on his ass.

Maroney is running real well right now. While I wouldn't go as far as signing him to an extension, I will say that if he runs like this come January, it will mean good things for the Patriots.

No, he hasn't.

And he hits the hole/line with authority 1 out of 2-3 times. Most of the time, he runs into the line upright without his body leaning for yardage. He needs to learn how to get 4-5 yds consistently, which is what this offense needs.

To whoever said his numbers are better: I would rather a guy get 4 yds consistently, and have 12 yds on 3 carries, than a guy who gets no gain, 2 yds, and then 10 yds on 3 carries. Same numbers on the face, but it was gained differently. Maroney sucks.

Are people really saying he has been our best RB? Give me Morris or Taylor anyday when they are healthy. Maroney is our best healthy RB RIGHT NOW, but that's not saying much.

I hope we draft a runner on the first day during the draft...

Excellent point! No running back has ever fumbled the ball before.

Is that what he said?

I don't think so, or else it would have been more like:
" This jackass lost THIS one, and another non- important- to- the- apologists fumble last week in the End Zone"
Thats 2 weeks in a row, and definite game changers....not important though:rolleyes:

Last edited:
lets hear it, its now time, the excuses have ran out

give this man an extension

He's doing OK/Good, nothing more. No more excuses, just keep producing.

It took him a long time to lose me, I'm not coming home so easily.

Side oure LINEMEN are good..... but they are of a deffensive "Pass Rush" Nature.... we do not have as a great RUN BLOCK as we do a PASS BLOCK....

i Like how we are constructed..... heavier on the PASS rather than the RUN

This isn't a question about whether we should have a lineman that is good at pass blocking or a lineman that is good at run blocking. Both areas of our offense are important. The point that I'm trying to make is that great offensive linemen can do both. We can get someone like that for one of our early 2nd round picks. I say we use one of them to upgrade the interior of our offensive line because that is where defenders seem to be getting penetration.

Like I posted this morning in another thread, there are no good fumbles but last week Vs Colts his fumble on goal line wasn't as big as others made out to be. I like to see him have a healthy yr more carries. He's an explosive back & his power is deceptive and underrated. Saw it today in his determination.

To whoever said his numbers are better: I would rather a guy get 4 yds consistently, and have 12 yds on 3 carries, than a guy who gets no gain, 2 yds, and then 10 yds on 3 carries. Same numbers on the face, but it was gained differently. Maroney sucks.

BradyFTW already disproved this myth. Maroney is actually the best back at getting 3-8 yards; his biggest weakness is the lack of 10+ yard runs.

I love the people here who are pining for Morris, when Maroney is clearly a better runner. It's the same sort of thought process that had people believing BJGE was better than LoMo prior to the season. All quiet on that front, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes