The LAST Maroney thread: haters repent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALP

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
lets hear it, its now time, the excuses have ran out

give this man an extension

As I think I've made pretty clear, I'm a major Maroney supporter. I feel he has been especially unfairly maligned THIS season. But even I am not so sure we will extend him. Hope he makes it impossible not to, though, as I suspect even the haters do. That would mean Lomar is running hard and effectively, as he has been, mostly, so far this season. a HELLUVA game today, for sure.

22 carries, 77 yards, 3.5 avg. 2 tds, 1 fumble.

I call that a 7 out of 10, not even close to a "helluva" game.

I said what I had to say on the "Post GAme" thread....

even despite his BS FUMBLE he played well in the 2nd HALF.

I still hate MARONEY btw.......:)

He had a good game ... but an extension?

Are you kidding me? This game doesn't prove anything. Maroney isn't bad but when a team drafts a RB with their 1st pick when they also needed a WR, it shows they expect a lot more than Maroney has shown. The Pats could have gotten what Maroney provides later in the draft.

Are you kidding me? This game doesn't prove anything. Maroney isn't bad but when a team drafts a RB with their 1st pick when they also needed a WR, it shows they expect a lot more than Maroney has shown. The Pats could have gotten what Maroney provides later in the draft.

I love you JFK........ FOR a 1 Maroney has been quite the disappointment:mad:

22 carries, 77 yards, 3.5 avg. 2 tds, 1 fumble.

I call that a 7 out of 10, not even close to a "helluva" game.

the fumble was bulls**t,

after that, the O line had moments of spasms....whenever maroney had room (and a lot of times when he didnt) he did good

also, i think i figured out what the coaching staff did to make maroney more effective....(no quesiton maroney is alos running better)

i dont have the older games, so i cant go back and check....but i believe they have delayed the handoff somewhat

what i mean to say is....the staff has lined up maroney a little farther back from brady.....then they have made brady delay the handoff....if u watch their handoffs can be a LOT faster....

this then allows the line to block their guys by the time maroney gets there, where before the line was too slow for maroney, and he did his shuffle step, now its gone because it takes him more time to get to the line

or i may be wrong

Still not sold, would rather have taylor and morris... right now for the stretch run...

There was never any rational reason to have a problem with Maroney, so a rational explanation of why it's dumb, even after a performance like this, probably won't do much.

Still not sold, would rather have taylor and morris... right now for the stretch run...

yea, me too, would love to have morris...unfortanetly for him and you though the guy is more injured then he is healthy, so......your point?

There was never any rational reason to have a problem with Maroney, so a rational explanation of why it's dumb, even after a performance like this, probably won't do much.

there should not be an explanation..... he played well overall

do I still dislike him...... yes

I don't think Maroney is starting material because of his instincts. He has trouble picking a hole. He's just not a natural back.

That being said, he was unfairly maligned today on that fumble. It wasn't a fumble.

I think if Maroney can continue to work on his pass catching he'll stick in the league as a good #2 back. Like I've been saying ... he's not the same guy we drafted ... injuries have taken their toll. He's learned how to run a bit differently and he's a good team player ... no need to knock him around anymore IMO.

I don't know what cereal brand he changed to, but he's pounding the rock. I LOVE IT!!! Keep it going Lo Mo!!!

Nah.......I'm all set with LoMo
Fumbled last week in the EZ, and fumbled again this week......
Although I saw some hard running today, that doesn't take away all the garbage I've been watching for the last few years.

No Thanks

And the pendulum continues to swing...

I bet most teams would be ecstatic to have a guy performing like Maroney after losing their #1 & 2 guys to injuries. Unfortunately, he's being judged by his draft position and former #1 status.

Addai's not exactly looking stellar these days either.

I bet most teams would be ecstatic to have a guy performing like Maroney after losing their #1 & 2 guys to injuries. Unfortunately, he's being judged by his draft position and former #1 status.

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Really?
Addai has 7 Rush Tds, 3 rec tds, and a pass TD with 1 fumble.
Thats 11 TDS that he's accounted for...not too bad, and he was considered a more all around back than LoMo hence the 3 Rec tds.

Addai has played fairly well this year, he's NOT your Turner type Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes