PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The LAST Maroney thread: haters repent

Status
Not open for further replies.
what???

Fred T is our number 1 RB.... hands down.

No, I agree E E with you.

That's why it's Fred "I'm not a bum, I'm your RB, for god's sake" Taylor. As in that's waht he'd say if someone said he's a bum. He'd say he wasn't. And he'd be RIGHT!

So when is he coming back?

I'm just excited to see who the Pats draft as their starting running back next April. :singing: :)

BradyFTW already disproved this myth. Maroney is actually the best back at getting 3-8 yards; his biggest weakness is the lack of 10+ yard runs.

I love the people here who are pining for Morris, when Maroney is clearly a better runner. It's the same sort of thought process that had people believing BJGE was better than LoMo prior to the season. All quiet on that front, eh?
'

A lot of people around here like Law Firm...I'm not one of them.

I would take Morris over Maroney any day though. Maroney's running style just irritates me.

This thread...

suicide.gif

I love the people here who are pining for Morris, when Maroney is clearly a better runner.

Is that so?
Are you telling BB that he is WRONG?

It was pretty clear to me that Bill preferred Sammy over Lomo last year Before he got hurt.
It was pretty clear to me that Bill preferred Freddy over LoMo before he got hurt, and when Freddy went down Morris was back and got heavy touches.

I think LoMo is the lead back because Bills "preferred" backs are injured.

He's OK, as long as he doesn't fumble like he has the past 2 weeks.....

6 TDs, 5 games. Wow cool, stats that show something OTHER THAN "I hate LoMo."

I still don't think he's the world's greatest RB. I think he's shown that ALL aspects of his game can be competitive, exactly what I was questioning the last time I posted on LoMo, consigning him to the sort of tribe of rbs the Pats gather together every season.

I say you keep him around, and you keep some insurance (Morris, Taylor maybe.) He's shown every aspect of his game can grow into something very special, if he continues to grow into an NFL runner. I wouldn't extend him NOW... much as I like him, he's not this rare commodity you just MUST lock up RIGHT NOW, he's a guy that should be allowed to press his case in an off-season, and if necessary, he should be allowed to test the waters as part of that.

He's moving really nicely toward being the guy we wanted a year or two out of his draft day... but don't be a Snyder and overpay for your hopes. Be a Belichick and pay for value when you've had time to let the real value of what a guy has done for you sink in. (No "pay first perform later," please.)

PFnV

Yeah here we go again with this thread getting out of hand. As I stated earlier I believe that Maroney is our best RB but I don't think today's game was a great one for him, it was just average.

However he did show a lot of good stuff today, he is getting more used to picking up hard yards in the trenches. I think the more time he gets the better he gets. I think when Morris comes back you will see Lawfirm back on the inactives but I do think that Maroney has taken the chance while others were out to become our no.1. He will lose reps to Morris but I think he will still get the bulk of the carries.

Last edited:
Maroney has shown much improved performance the past five games. I have always been a Maroney hater, and stand by my evaluation of his 'MC Hammer' dance moves in earlier games.

He has started to run downhill, he has started to smash people, he has started to move forward always no matter what the cost. I don't know if this is because of adjustments made, but he is just better now than he was. My hunch? He realizes he ain't gonna be a Patriot much longer once his contract is up, and needs to actually perform now if he wants the big bucks.

I don't care what got him hungry, but it clearly is a different person.

Yeah e.e., I think he's grown a lot when it was "sink or swim" time. I think he's been in that position before to one extent or another, but it may have taken him this long to realize it ain't about "his style," it ain't about the home-runs, it's about making the most of each carry which means cutting out the playground **** with the hopping side to side, etc., without forward motion.

One great thing I remember from the last time I was on a Maroney good or bad thread, I said that if those stutter steps etc. were happening and a hole developed, everybody would be talking about how great his vision and patience were... the guy on the play by play that week or the next said exactly that, because he was having a good day.

He is what he is. He doesn't have to be the next damn Adrian Peterson, and he doesn't have to be the Chad Jackson of running backs. He is part of a corps of running backs that handles its role well enough, and can be better.

What I like about what I've seen recently is he understands the "can be better" part and seems to be improving his part of that attack.

as mentioned in other THREADS..... I was very IMPRESSED w/ a PHYSICAL RB in MARONEY tonight.

I still dislike him very much..... he is meek and does not present himself as a force. Tonight I saw a different SIDE,

-but if he is a consistent runner like he was tonight..... and not afraid to run ppl over for yardage ( he will have earned) my respect.

CONSISTENCY MARONEY......

GG tonight..... Keep RUNNING HARD

your critic- Tom F:)

Is that so?
Are you telling BB that he is WRONG?

It was pretty clear to me that Bill preferred Sammy over Lomo last year Before he got hurt.
It was pretty clear to me that Bill preferred Freddy over LoMo before he got hurt, and when Freddy went down Morris was back and got heavy touches.

I think LoMo is the lead back because Bills "preferred" backs are injured.

He's OK, as long as he doesn't fumble like he has the past 2 weeks.....

get back to me when morris and fred come BACK, and tell me who BB prefers

get back to me when morris and fred come BACK, and tell me who BB prefers

Not Maroney.....

But Maroney Version 2.0 could be better (first time I have seen him run Hard like this in 2009)

Fred/Sammy are still greater on BB's depth chart..... no doubt

But MARONEY version 2.0 could be a good thing.... who knows???

I hate MARONEY w/ a fiery passion of 6 suns.:).... but what I saw tonight deserves another shot..... I hate MARONEY he is not consistent.

this current performance has earned him another shot in my book.....

I really am surprised I am admitting to this.....:confused:

but gotta give credit where it is due..... good running LOMO

Why do the coaches only seem happy running LoMo out of the shotgun? Its predictable, its sterile and defenses adjust PDQ

Im not sure that when a downhill runner like Taylor or Morris is back we dont see more formations (I, big TE etc) and the use of more play action.

Bottom line, I dont think BB thinks LoMo can run out of any other formation

My whole basis of complaint around Maroney is not that he's BAD...it's just that for the expectations I have for a first-round running back (which probably are unrealistic given past history) are higher than what he's shown thus far.

Do you really want to spend a first round draft pick on a rotation guy?

BUT I will say that what I've seen lately has at least made me feel better about his ability to assess how to go FORWARD instead of side-to-side.

Why do the coaches only seem happy running LoMo out of the shotgun? Its predictable, its sterile and defenses adjust PDQ

Im not sure that when a downhill runner like Taylor or Morris is back we dont see more formations (I, big TE etc) and the use of more play action.

Bottom line, I dont think BB thinks LoMo can run out of any other formation

:confused:

YouTube - Patriots vs. Titans Highlights (October 18, 2009)

YouTube - New York Jets vs New England Patriots [HD] 14-31 || NFL Week 11 Highlights

My whole basis of complaint around Maroney is not that he's BAD...it's just that for the expectations I have for a first-round running back (which probably are unrealistic given past history) are higher than what he's shown thus far.

Do you really want to spend a first round draft pick on a rotation guy?

BUT I will say that what I've seen lately has at least made me feel better about his ability to assess how to go FORWARD instead of side-to-side.

I was there man..... felt the same sentiments you feel. Hell, I still feel that way.... but MARONEY did just have a mighty nice game...... imo. The Fumble was garbage very much like the negative maroney we are accustomed to.......

GG tonight LOmo maybe you succeeded because
The Jets are lacking their primary NT?

In any even..... good performance LOMO. I still dislike you....

Last edited:
lets hear it, its now time, the excuses have ran out

give this man an extension

NO, Cartoon man will go back to his dancing ways soon enough.

When he fumbles losing a playoff game then youll see.

'GG tonight LOmo maybe you succeeded because
The Jets are lacking their primary NT?'

This.

Give me Taylor or Morris please, and as the beginning of the season showed, BB thinks the same.

say what.... kinda confused

so you agree w/ my theory?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back