The Last Four Roster Spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
MAYS
He should stay on the roster. He played very well on Special Teams. He should have a long-term future, as Izzo has had.

SANTONIO THOMAS
Did he get any reps? I suspect he is active until Wright is healthy enough to play, or until we pick up a veteran DL emergency backup.

BAKER
He's a binky for a few posters. I don't see his value. I think he is very vulnerable to being cut once he is healthy.

HERRON
He's not on the roster to play; he's here for spite. He should be replaced by a veteran this week.
========================================
THIS WEEK
There are many options. I would prefer adding a defensive back and perhaps a defensive lineman and perhaps a fullback. That's three to replace Thomas, Baker and Herron. I am certainly hoping that Wright will be back next week. I would not be surprised to see James beat out the other corners.

I noticed Thomas was in there for at least a few plays.

MAYS
He should stay on the roster. He played very well on Special Teams. He should have a long-term future, as Izzo has had.

SANTONIO THOMAS
Did he get any reps? I suspect he is active until Wright is healthy enough to play, or until we pick up a veteran DL emergency backup.

BAKER
He's a binky for a few posters. I don't see his value. I think he is very vulnerable to being cut once he is healthy.

HERRON
He's not on the roster to play; he's here for spite. He should be replaced by a veteran this week.
========================================
THIS WEEK
There are many options. I would prefer adding a defensive back and perhaps a defensive lineman and perhaps a fullback. That's three to replace Thomas, Baker and Herron. I am certainly hoping that Wright will be back next week. I would not be surprised to see James beat out the other corners.

The Pats have a fullback in Eckel on the roster. Rivers also lined up there on several occasions during pre-season.

I am not sure that adding a DB is needed. Not if they put Thomas on Gates all game... Also, having watched much of the SD game today, they weren't looking beyond Jackson, Gates and Tomlinson. Which I thought was surprising.

The Pats could look to add Bobby Hamilton or Rashad Moore, but I am not sure we'll see that unless Mike Wright isn't available again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back