PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The injury plague is getting downright scary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The injury plague is getting downright scary.

patsgo, if you don't stop stalking me around the forum, I'm going to slap a restraining order on you. And please stop quoting him, people. It makes the ignore option obsolete. My eyes are already burning enough as it is. Oh well, off to my break...

Last edited:

sorry i dont spend every hour of my life on this forum typing like you so i may have a mistake once in a while

1) Why are you spying on me?

2) If you don't spend as much time on the forum(n) as me, how come I can count on you to immediately respond to my posts?

I would hope so as well but I don't have any coaching aspirations. If I can get worked out as an NFL coach, I would enjoy the bankroll though. I would also advise my team to take some dirty shots on the quarterback. :D

There is nothing wrong with breaking QB's leg, is there?:D

Okay, I missed something. We knew that Green and Kaczur were injured. As someone pointed out, have Levoir instead of Kaczur may be an improvement, certainly not a major loss. We can activate Ross (or play Britt) if this is an issue. The real news to be is that all the defensive backs were present. Lewis Sanders, Meriweather and Hobbs have all been injured.

So, what are you reacting to? Light wasn't at the media portion of practice. So, bfd!

Yikes.

Patriots blog - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

The seven players [not present for media portion of practice] are:

# LT Matt Light
# RB LaMont Jordan
# RB Laurence Maroney
# RT Nick Kaczur
# DL Jarvis Green
# WR Kelley Washington
# LB Eric Alexander

Also, receiver Maurice Price was present at practice -- as he's been signed to the practice squad. Price had been released from the 53-man roster on Saturday to make room for RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

Okay, I missed something. We knew that Green and Kaczur were injured. As someone pointed out, have Levoir instead of Kaczur may be an improvement, certainly not a major loss. We can activate Ross (or play Britt) if this is an issue. The real news to be is that all the defensive backs were present. Lewis Sanders, Meriweather and Hobbs have all been injured.

So, what are you reacting to? Light wasn't at the media portion of practice. So, bfd!

It's been almost like clockwork that missing the Media portion = injured/not practicing this year.

Both tackles, a defensive lineman, and two running backs, one of whom needs to get his ducks in order and start getting some yards.

That's a lot of potentially injured players. Just extrapolating the meaning based on the past.

Until we know something definitive about injuries I'm kinda in the BFD camp myself. I mean-BB's always played with that report to either confuse the opponent and/or juggle his roster by mixing "real" injuries in with "hurting" type injuries (and then some odd listings too ;)).

Most on that list have been out/listed for awhile now, including LaMont who I hope hurries back:(

Until we know something definitive about injuries I'm kinda in the BFD camp myself. I mean-BB's always played with that report to either confuse the opponent and/or juggle his roster by mixing "real" injuries in with "hurting" type injuries (and then some odd listings too ;)).

Well, now we know a bit, anyway.

Patriots left tackle Matt Light did not participate in today's practice due to a knee injury, according to the team's participation report. Light went wire to wire in Sunday's loss to the Chargers.

A look at the complete report:

Did Not Participate in Practice
LB Eric Alexander (hamstring)
DE Jarvis Green (right ankle)
RB LaMont Jordan (right calf)
LT Matt Light (knee)
RT Nick Kaczur (right ankle)
RB Laurence Maroney (shoulder)
WR Kelley Washington (right ankle)

Yikes.

Patriots blog - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

The seven players [not present for media portion of practice] are:

# LT Matt Light
# RB LaMont Jordan
# RB Laurence Maroney
# RT Nick Kaczur
# DL Jarvis Green
# WR Kelley Washington
# LB Eric Alexander

Also, receiver Maurice Price was present at practice -- as he's been signed to the practice squad. Price had been released from the 53-man roster on Saturday to make room for RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

let's not get too crazy, a lot of people have 7 out this week on a wednesday...no worries

Wow, suddenly Britt and journeyman OT Ross are the options for LT against Denver.

Damn that Cassel, if he just threw the ball up for Randy he'd make a play and everything would be roses while the team swept the division - or so we've been scolded about whilst earning the "homer" label. **sigh** If only Mattyice had thrown deep to Moss @ SD, we'd have won. Now he's toast as the Donk-hoes bring their attack offense to town - Cutler will probably wind up credited with sacks on Matt before this is over.

Wow, suddenly Britt and journeyman OT Ross are the options for LT against Denver.

Damn that Cassel, if he just threw the ball up for Randy he'd make a play and everything would be roses while the team swept the division - or so we've been scolded about whilst earning the "homer" label. **sigh** If only Mattyice had thrown deep to Moss @ SD, we'd have won. Now he's toast as the Donk-hoes bring their attack offense to town - Cutler will probably wind up credited with sacks on Matt before this is over.

stop being a homer :D

Matt Light? Whats up? If he's out Monday, we may as well put a bunch of tackling dummies out there to block for Cassel.

On second thought, that may not be a bad idea anyways....:D

... nice ...

lol:rolleyes2:

It should all come out later in the week....
I agree that there is good news that there were no DBs that did not practice...Sanders has had a hamstrong injury,,,and Hobbs, Meriwether and O'Neal all were banged up a bit last game...missing some series..so that is GOOD that none were serious.
On teh other hand, having 2 starting linemen out is not good at all. If more than one of these players are out...a roster move is needed. Always need an extra T or G/C...active.. The seriousness will be noted in what moves they make later in the week..that both Ross and Neal are practicing makes timing very lucky for the team..without their availability, another would have to be brought in and a cut made. I was surprised by Light's injury as he did play the whole game...so it might be more one of aggravation..where a few days away will help. Kaczur's seems more serious.
Green's injury really hurt the team as their best pass rusher was basically out/gone the entire game. Is this an opportunity for Crable?? Will they need to add Adams from the PSqd?
Time will tell.
So far it seems like the 04 season with injuries...a bit worse than 03, but hardly the MASH unit the 05 team was like. That WAS the year the team had far more and in the end, they couldn't advance past Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back