PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

is the Law Firm's toe affecting him more than we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking this in the post game thread. If it's really that bad, we need to rest him a few weeks. He hasn't added anything since the first Jets game that Ridley and company couldn't provide. So I'd say let Ridley, Faulk, Woodhead handle the workload next few weeks having a hobbled BJGE in there is only making matters worse for him and the team.

Last edited:
I was thinking this in the post game thread. If it's really that bad, we need to rest him a few weeks. He hasn't added anything since the first Jets game that Ridley and company couldn't provide. So I'd say let Ridley, Faulk, Woodhead handle the workload next few weeks having a hobbled BJGE in there is only making matters worse for him and the team.

Agreed. I've been saying the same thing. Rest him and let him heal.

I thought it was weird that he wasn't in against the pats when they were backed up against their goalline.

If you tweet the beat writers which I have its Turf toe. The Pats will never say its anything more than just a toe. But turf toe doesn't really heal up unless you rest it, Kolb can't start at QB with it. Its ridiculously painful. So I think the Pats should consider resting him a couple weeks. he's not giving them anything right now anyway.

If you tweet the beat writers which I have its Turf toe. The Pats will never say its anything more than just a toe. But turf toe doesn't really heal up unless you rest it, Kolb can't start at QB with it. Its ridiculously painful. So I think the Pats should consider resting him a couple weeks. he's not giving them anything right now anyway.
An it might give the o-line more time to get it together to make some openings. Until then, it might make more sense to use the elusive type backs.

didn't think you could even practice w/ turf toe

A shame that Ridley and Vereen cannot pick him up.

I noticed his shoulder pads were "high" hitting the hole and did not have the leg drive he normally has.... suspect that this turf toe is much more debalitating than we are led on.

I liked the poem sound to the title of this thread.

I noticed his shoulder pads were "high" hitting the hole and did not have the leg drive he normally has.... suspect that this turf toe is much more debalitating than we are led on.

I agree- he doesn't have the same acceleration and change of direction he had in the first Jets game.

This may explain why he gets so few reps these days- I just don't understand that if this is the case, why they can't just rest him and go with Ridley. His blitz pickup at this point has improved.

I agree- he doesn't have the same acceleration and change of direction he had in the first Jets game.

This may explain why he gets so few reps these days- I just don't understand that if this is the case, why they can't just rest him and go with Ridley. His blitz pickup at this point has improved.

If BOB can (foolishly in my opinion) put Woodhead in the backfield inside the 5 yd line leading to a safety then Ridley can't be a worse option. I thought BB drafted the kids so he's have better backup insurance and availability than his always injured vets Morris & Taylor, so USE them.

Faulk looks done to me. Sure he may make a few clutch Faulk-style plays against the little sisters of the poor but he's definitely slower.

Re: BenJarvus Green-Ellis Wittle Toe - Serious?

Faulk is back and can run and block and catch...Vereen hasn't even seen the field as a RB as far as I know....Ridley has looked decent when played more than one or two times a game

Hey BOB...how about using ALL your tools...:confused:

you nailed it right there. I remember in Pats in 2007 as well as the saints in their super bowl winning season, they killed the D's with so many different offensive formations :)

Re: BenJarvus Green-Ellis Wittle Toe - Serious?

Patriots | BenJarvus Green-Ellis limited
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:14:52 -0800

New England Patriots RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis (toe) was limited in practice Thursday, Nov. 10.

0 Comments | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: KFFL.com

Read more: NFL News and Rumors - Hot off the Wire Fantasy Football News

He must have turf toe (or a fracture or Plague). I admit it's a guess but it makes some sense. In hindsight, maybe this is why we are running less. This assumes that Ridley's pass blocking is such a problem as to keep him off the field on passing plays. Someone posted that Ridley became less effective when defenses figured out that when he is on the field, he gets the ball (a post from a couple of weeks ago).

I wonder how effective he'll be going forward.

I agree - he must be hurt more than we know. What else could explain the maddening tendency to put him in for 2 plays, then we don't see him again for another quarter, if that. They never let him get going, which maybe means, he can't. I for one am not too impressed with Ridley. I was yelling at the tv when they took Bennie out and put Ridley in against the Jets and he did nothing. Hopefully Bennie returns to form soon.

Faulk looks done to me. Sure he may make a few clutch Faulk-style plays against the little sisters of the poor but he's definitely slower.

Someone had to mention this. I think Faulk is running on empty, but I can only assume BB sees something in practice.

By toe do you mean Bill O Brien's obsession with 3rd down backs?

Someone had to mention this. I think Faulk is running on empty, but I can only assume BB sees something in practice.

I think it's experience, clutchness, 3rd down pass blocking, depth at RB and a bit of nostalgia q.v. Flutie. I've loved Faulk, clutch guy, but eventually they all get too old. Faulk is on the cusp.

I think it's experience, clutchness, 3rd down pass blocking, depth at RB and a bit of nostalgia q.v. Flutie. I've loved Faulk, clutch guy, but eventually they all get too old. Faulk is on the cusp.

Speaking of which, Rodak has reported that they are now dialing him back in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3