PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Cowboys are expected to cut Drew Bledsoe this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
After each season bledsoe heads to montana and does nothing to improve himself as a player. He doesn't work on his game and he has been in a steady decline and just gets by with his talent. Now, his talent alone is not good enough to be be a starter. Too bad bledsoe didn't have the work ethic as a tom brady, because if he did he would be a lock for the HOF. Right now, imo, its iffy if he makes it in.

Bledsoe just baffles me sometimes. I remember he was hit just about the same exact way in the playoff game against Pitt as he was hit by mo lewis that took him out, almost took his life and paved the way for tom brady. These two hits were within 3 plays of each other , although they were 5 months apart. You would have thought he may have learned something in those 5 months.

Last edited:
Most of those places would be fools to take him. Between the four of Cleveland, Houston, Detroit, and Tampa Bay, you might be able to cobble together two starting-caliber offensive lines.

Minnesota is a possibility, but their line is not hot-shakes either. Bad running game, so-so pass blocking. We sacked Brooks Bollinger three times consectively, and he's mobile and a quick thrower. It might be Dallas part two for Bledsoe if McKinnie and Hutchinson don't start earning their pay.

Chicago really is the best place for him, he's a prototypical outdoor cold weather quarterback, however it seems Lovie Smith has a man-crush on Rex Grossman. Bledsoe could do no worse than Sexy Rexy chucking the ball downfield to Muslin and Bernard, and unlike Rex he's actually demonstrated the ability to win games, not just lose them.

that is absolutely right about chicago. they would have given griese another shot if lovie had not been married to rex. now he probably thinks that rex will be even better next year. maybe bledsoe will go to TB if rattay is not resigned and their is still some questions about simms. im sure any qb would like the possible idea of throwing to calvin johnson :rocker:

Most of those places would be fools to take him. Between the four of Cleveland, Houston, Detroit, and Tampa Bay, you might be able to cobble together two starting-caliber offensive lines.

You're right on target with this.

Bledsoe needs a PERFECT situation to be a winning QB - most importantly an OL that can passblock all day - and speedy WRs who can get separation to avoid turnovers.

Maybe 5 years ago (and that's a stretch) Bledsoe might have been able to get by with adequate situations, but no more. For whatever reason he's also never been able to make the short passing game work for him either - he's very accurate past 20 yards - no so hot within 10.

Bledsoe will always have my thanks respect for what he did to help this franchise, but today I even question whether he's worth taking up a roster spot on a team. Give it to an up and comer. "Leadtoe" Bledsoe's time is past.

Last edited:
I forgot Oakland. Al Davis does love the long ball. Might be interesting seeing him chuck it up every play to Moss (if he's still there).

I forgot Oakland. Al Davis does love the long ball. Might be interesting seeing him chuck it up every play to Moss (if he's still there).

if they draft a qb he could be insurance, and for a guy like jamarcus russel he could learn how to just throw it up to moss and porter but with their terrible o line drew would probably be sacked more than david carr:bricks:

It never ceases to amaze me at how much Bledsoe gets crapped on by Patriots fans, to the point where I have to ask some of them, what did he ever do to YOU personally?

It's always something to the effect of "I thank him for all he did here in bringing this team from the bottom of the toilet, a complete laughing stock (probably 2/3rds of the people around here don't even remember how brutally bad they were back then, probably because they weren't fans then either) to perenial Super Bowl contender, BUT.....blah, blah, blah, Frankenstein, blah, blah, blah, million dollar arm, 10 cent head, blah, blah, blah"....................

Drew Bledsoe much he needed stitches.:)

guys remember who threw that TD to Patten against the Steelers in '01. We won 24-17. Wouldn't have even gone to the SB the first time without Drew's good performance.

For everyone who remembers that pass, there are ten times that who remember the over the shoulder pass in the same game, the pic he threw against the stoolers the following year that cost us home field vs the stoolers, a game we lost 7 to 6, blah, blah, blah......it never ends with the Bledsoe bashers..........

Drew had a shot at the HOF but was really exposed in the last 5 years as nothing more than a million dollar arm and a ten cent brain wrapped around a delusional ego.
Quote of the day...

I hope Drew lands a starting job somewhere. I think he could still be decent with a team that has a good offensive line. He's probably too proud to take a backup role but he would probably make a good mentor for a young QB.

Regardless, I think he should get in the HOF. Everyone always dismisses him but they can't dismiss the fact that he is 7th all time in passing yards and 13th all time in passing TD's.

He was huge in putting the Patriots back on the map. Also I will never forget him coming off the bench in the championship game vs the Steelers and leading us to victory. If he wasn't our backup, this dynasty may never have been born.

If not for Parcells having his head up the Jets ass in SB XXX1, he might have had 2 SB rings as well.
Where does he stand all-time in interceptions, bonehead interceptions, and sacks?

Yes, he did (with Parcells) help put the Patriots on the map, but I fail to see why he should get the credit for that - we had a number one overall pick and we used it on him.

It never ceases to amaze me at how much Bledsoe gets crapped on by Patriots fans, to the point where I have to ask some of them, what did he ever do to YOU personally?

It's always something to the effect of "I thank him for all he did here in bringing this team from the bottom of the toilet, a complete laughing stock (probably 2/3rds of the people around here don't even remember how brutally bad they were back then, probably because they weren't fans then either) to perenial Super Bowl contender, BUT.....blah, blah, blah, Frankenstein, blah, blah, blah, million dollar arm, 10 cent head, blah, blah, blah"....................

Drew did not take us to perential superbowl contender. We were 5-13 under BB's genius when Bledsoe went down. Had he not gone down, not to mention had Brady not been on the roster already having lapped Damon Huard, it's likely we would not have won one yet, not to mention BB might indeed be coaching the Giants, or have ended up as BP's DC in Dallas.

And he was just a part of what brought this team up from the bottom of the toilet. Kraft, Parcells and his staff - some of whom would return in a few years to complete the turnaround which was again trending towards floundering mediocrity, Law, Milloy - it wasn't like Drew carried the franchise on his shoulders. He always needed more talent around him to succeed than a franchise QB should need by definition. He never took responsibility for his own shortcomings or the role they played in the demise of his career - nor did he make any concerted effort to remedy them. Always the victim of not enough...something. I have an opinion on what that missing something was, and it was essentially intangibles lacking in Drew, as opposed talent lacking on the roster or in the coaching staff or ownership that surrounded him.

As for that AFCC game, I think Huard could have done everything Drew did in that game, which wasn't much - and had Drew performed any worse Brady was in fact available to go back in on one leg which would have been preferable. At least IMO.

I hope Drew lands a starting job somewhere.

Yah, I would kill to see Drew start for Miami. We'd get 2 easy Ws and eliminate 2 tough games from our schedule. A 2x2-fer!

Yah, I would kill to see Drew start for Miami. We'd get 2 easy Ws and eliminate 2 tough games from our schedule. A 2x2-fer!

That would be good. But, I'm guessing he goes the Canadian Football League.

That would be good. But, I'm guessing he goes the Canadian Football League.
Really? I would think he would find that even more humiliating than being a backup.

I hope Drew lands a starting job somewhere. I think he could still be decent with a team that has a good offensive line. He's probably too proud to take a backup role but he would probably make a good mentor for a young QB.

Regardless, I think he should get in the HOF. Everyone always dismisses him but they can't dismiss the fact that he is 7th all time in passing yards and 13th all time in passing TD's.

He was huge in putting the Patriots back on the map. Also I will never forget him coming off the bench in the championship game vs the Steelers and leading us to victory. If he wasn't our backup, this dynasty may never have been born.

If not for Parcells having his head up the Jets ass in SB XXX1, he might have had 2 SB rings as well.

=====================================
He can go in to the HOF behind VinnyTesteverde, who is 6th all time passing and 9th all time passing TDs. It will be along time before either gets inducted. both of these guys have rockets for arms and are very tough.

guys remember who threw that TD to Patten against the Steelers in '01. We won 24-17. Wouldn't have even gone to the SB the first time without Drew's good performance.

I disagree. Yes, that was a nice play by Bledsoe, but overall he did not play very well in that game and he's very lucky that idiotic backwards throw over his ahead didn't cost the game. The Holley book shows that BB was very critical of Bledsoe's performance in that game.

I was a Bledsoe apologist for years. No more, not after I've seen what a great QB can really do.

I disagree. Yes, that was a nice play by Bledsoe, but overall he did not play very well in that game and he's very lucky that idiotic backwards throw over his ahead didn't cost the game. The Holley book shows that BB was very critical of Bledsoe's performance in that game.

I was a Bledsoe apologist for years. No more, not after I've seen what a great QB can really do.

yeah, cause the throw brady made against miami while laying on his *ss wasnt idiotic.lol....i do agree though. he didnt play a very good game, but he does deserve credit for being part of the team, and doing what he could to help us win. everybody makes bonehead throws, inclucing brady(just not many). whereas, drew seems to find a way to throw a int at the worst time. so does someone else named favre, who will be in the hof...with all that said, im a drew supporter, but i will happily agree he can really drive ya nuts with the int's...but it drives me more nuts, that everybody loves bashing him....not you, patjew, just people in general on this board. im done venting, no one cares anyway:D

yeah, cause the throw brady made against miami while laying on his *ss wasnt idiotic.lol....i do agree though. he didnt play a very good game, but he does deserve credit for being part of the team, and doing what he could to help us win. everybody makes bonehead throws, inclucing brady(just not many). whereas, drew seems to find a way to throw a int at the worst time. so does someone else named favre, who will be in the hof...with all that said, im a drew supporter, but i will happily agree he can really drive ya nuts with the int's...but it drives me more nuts, that everybody loves bashing him....not you, patjew, just people in general on this board. im done venting, no one cares anyway:D

You're wrong- I do care. I'm the Patjew who cares too much.

For me, the problem with Drew was that I kept waiting for him to mature as a player and turn the corner from sometimes-awesome/sometimes-terrible to consistently very good, and it just never happened. I used to defend him to my father all the time, and then I just gave up. Yes, every player makes mistakes (except for Josh Miller), but DB seems to make way more than his fair share.

DB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft